Watch Rob Tarkof, David Nuescheler, Alex Choy and Kevin Cochrane talk about Customer Experience Management and the Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform release on YouTube.
It’s a very proud moment for us, the LiveCycle devnet site has been refreshed with new content around ES2 as well as undergoing a face lift.
Hopefully you will find it easier to locate the valuable content we have posted.
Let me know what you think, suggestions for improvement are always welcome.
Make sure you are sitting down, this is going to blow you away… As a follow on to yesterday’s post. I am very excited about kicking off the first ever LiveCycle ES developer challenge as part of the ES Next prerelease program. I actually have two goals for doing this:
- Drive more developers to try the beta build of the next release of LiveCycle ES and experience how easily enterprise applications using Flex powered by LiveCyle ES services
- Provide a platform for LiveCycle ES developers to showcase their innovation and creativity
I strongly recommend that you sign up for the LiveCycle ES Next prerelease immediately. Once you have an account, you will have access to the latest build, documentation, feature spotlights, user forums, etc.
Then, while you are enjoying a nice cold beer on your deck this summer, build and submit the coolest LC ES application and get a chance to win a complimentary pass to MAX 2009, Creative Suite 4 Master Collection or Acrobat Professional Extended.
Read all about the contest here…
OK people – with the drive for more Enterprise content, we also need to make a dent in the MAX Awards! This is a great opportunity to get your wicked cool LiveCycle ES / Flex applications some visibility and recognition.
submit your nominations here: https://max.adobe.com/awards/
I have to admit I am really excited about MAX this year. We have been able to secure dedicated enterprise rooms with and a track with some awesome sessions. And I am not just talking about my sessions 🙂
The MAX 2009 site is now live. Under the “Session and Speakers” section, you will find a LiveCycle@MAX bundle option. For those of you that are new to LiveCycle ES or need a refresher, I strongly recommend this bundle. It include a 1.5 day preconference lab titled LiveCycle ES: Building Rich Engaging Applications. In this lab, you will gain a baseline level knowledge of everything from the Adobe Flash Platform to LiveCycle ES Server technologies. Having worked on some of the content in this session, I can assure you that it’s a very solid base that will enable you to get the most out of the high quality sessions during the event.
The LiveCycle@MAX bundle pass includes:
- 1.5 days LiveCycle ES: Building Rich Engaging Applications preconference lab
- A full conference pass which allows access to all:
- MAX 2009 sessions and labs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (October 5-7)
- MAX keynotes, evening events, the MAX Store and all activities within the Community Pavilion
- MAX-provided meals and breaks
We really have some valuable and mind blowing content to share this year at MAX… DON’T MISS IT!
Last Sunday, Adobe flipped the switch on the brand new user forums. Here are some of the new highlights:
- Integration of Adobe ID for true single sign on to all Forums
- Consolidation of Macromedia and Adobe Forums onto one new system.
- Updated look and feel, more consistent with other forum systems
- Email participation, including starting a new discussion and alerts
- RSS feeds for many parts of the forum (topics, users, announcements, etc.)
- Improved moderation capabilities (hosts can delete inappropriate content)
- Rich text options: inline images and videos, file attachments, code samples
- Improved search capabilities:
- Wildcard searches (Multiple or single character)
- Fuzzy Search (search for foam also retrieves roams)
- Proximity, weighting, date range, specific user
Check out the new forums on forums.adobe.com
This year, Adobe is holding MAX North America in San Francisco CA on November 16-19. What’s cool about MAX again this year is that there are several LiveCycle ES sessions. For those of you that are new to LiveCyle, there is an introduction session, for those of you already familiar with the product, we have a what’s new in the last release session. From there, we have wicked hands-on sessions for Data Capture, Process Management and Content Services. Then, to top it all off, we have a couple of lecture sessions on architecture, building enterprise applications using Flex/AIR and LiveCycle and also a session on a new developer focused program called Solution Accelerators.
The scary part of all that is that I am presenting two of the sessions I just mentioned: What’s new in the latest release of LiveCycle ES and building Enterprise applications using Flex / AIR and LiveCycle ES. So, if you are attending MAX, stop by one or both of these sessions. I’ll try not to bore you too badly, and I’d be happy to meet some of you. See you there!