We need a senior computer scientist with experience writing InDesign Plug-ins!
- more details, and to apply
- This person can be based in San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego or Boston.
- Adobe is partnering with other companies to develop high-quality platforms for the creation and consumption of electronic books. The individual will lead the effort to design and develop a tooling strategy for the ePub effort. This will require working with the ePub team to define requirements and implementation strategy. The current plan is to implement the first phase of tooling as an InDesign plugin, so the individual will have to work with the InDesign team as well. Responsibilities will include both development per se as well as working closely with the QE team and other engineers to identify appropriate test strategies and test plans.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the software development process, including design practices and methodologies.
- Expertise in C++ is required.
- It is required that the person have work-related experience with HTML and XML.
- Experience developing InDesign plugins is a requirement.
- Development experience on Windows or Mac is a requirement, both is a plus.
- Requires the ability to coordinate and communicate with other engineers and groups. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment are required.