CS5 Payloads

The below PDF describes the payloads in CS5. Although this is part of the CS5 enterprise deployment documentation that isn’t yet published, some folks in the user forums wanted information on what each payload does.
DeploymentReference.pdf

21 Responses to CS5 Payloads

1. Anonymous says:

Now what?
    How do I install CS5?
    I have downloaded and extracted CS5 (WebPremium_CS5_LS1.exe
    WebPremium_CS5_LS1.7z) and find the executables listed below. How do I install the program?
    Thanks in advance
    Håkan
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeAIR1.5.3-mul\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeAMP1.8-mul\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeHelp\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mul\AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mul.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeFlashPlayer10_plRel_mul\AdobeFlashPlayer10_plRel_mul.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobePDFSettings10-ja_JP\AdobePDFSettings10-ja_JP.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobePDFSettings10-mul\AdobePDFSettings10-mul.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeHelp\AIRInstallerRunner.exe
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86\Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86_x64.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86_x64.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86\Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86_x64.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86\Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86_x64.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86\Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86_x64.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86\Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86_x64.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86\Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86.msi
    C:\Users\he\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86_x64\Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86_x64.msi

2. Eric Wilde says:

You should see a set-up.exe that can be used to launch the installer.

3. Mattias says:

Hi Eric et al.
    Are there a list of 3:rd party applications/libraries/frameworks etc that are installed?
    I see Microsoft libraries mentioned in the PDF, but not Growl for instance.

4. Eric Wilde says:

The list on this post is everything except for the Adobe Application Manager (installer/updater/licensing component) itself. What we neglected to publish, and what is currently causing our customers some consternation, is the components included in Adobe Application Manager (AAM). It is here that Growl is installed.
    I’ll try to get a list of any other third party components in AAM.

5. Dennis says:

What are payloads? Are they additinoal programs? I got a third disk that has this payloads folder.
    Thank you! Please email me and let me know.

6. Michael connery says:

Eric,
    As a volume licensing customer, I am very interested (and appreciative) of anything that can lighten the storage space needed to offcer and deliver Adobe apps to our users. As such, will we be able to use the new dedployment toolkit to deliver individually-purchased and licensed, stand-alone Adobe applications via, say, the Master Collection CS5 install media store? In the past, we’ve had to have an install point for stand-alone Photoshop Extended AND an install point for Master Collection (which, of course, includes Photoshop Extended). If we were able to deliver the stand-alone alone apps out of the Suite install media, we would save GBs and GBs of storage space. Thanks

7. Toby Salzman says:

Using a purchased install disk for CS5 for Windows, the installation proceeds normally until the end of the options section. When it indicates that it is installing the language pack, the progress bar goes to 100% and then the installation program locks up. The window does not respond to anything, incl moving or closing the window. Upon downloading and running the troubleshooter, it analyzes the install logs and reports that there are no errors (though, at the bottom, it misreports the operating system as XP Pro SP1, when it is a Vista Home system).
    The CS5 program does not run, and the windows uninstaller is unable to remove it. Subsequent efforts to re-run the installer do not recognize the existence of the program and start from scratch, with the same results.
    As it stands, this program will not install and cannot be used.

8. Eric Wilde says:

Dennis,
    A “payload” is really content that must be deployed to a disk upon installation. The installer consists of many, many payloads. A related database is kept by the installer to map dependency information between payloads.
    For example, Adobe Photoshop has a primary payload and many child payloads. Some of those child payloads are resources for Photoshop itself, such as language resources. Other payloads are additional products that Photoshop relies upon for various workflows. For example, Adobe Extension Manager has a payload included as a child payload for Adobe Photoshop.

9. Mary says:

I finally received my CS5 (Paid for expedited delivery and it was delivered to the wrong address) and it won’t install. Installation time for disk 1 either keeps increasing and eventually jams up everything, or it installs the first disk then doesn’t recognize any others. Restarting PC (Gateway on Vista 64-bit – and yes, it’s the correct CS5 version) hasn’t fixed the problem (3rd try). During the 4th installationa attempt (as I write) the installation time is decreasing, which is good…let’s see if I can get disk 2 (or any other) to continue the installation process….NOPE, same error that “Photo Gallery can’t open this picture or video – the file format is not supported, or you don’t have the latest updates…” What’s up?!!!!
    You guys need to look into this. Also, tell your poor stupid customer know which serial number to type in first, for example, put the one you enter first (when you begin the install) at the TOP instead of placing it at the bottom (the last sticker!). Well, I’ll keep you posted if it works this time – there’s 31 minutes left, but it may tell me to install the next disk again, then not accept any of them (like the first time I tried). Please help.

10. Eric Wilde says:

Mary,
    I’ve asked one of the engineers to contact you offline to see if we can figure out what is happening.

11. Mary says:

Well, it worked this time…go figure. Thanks, guys, for responding to my distress call – it was MORE than appreciated!
    Suggestion: (1) tell your new customers to enter the LAST sticker’s serial number (on the disk box) FIRST (or better, suggest they redo the order of the stickers). Also, tell your customers that installing via prompts (or logic)doesn’t work – go directly to the “exe” file and install from there. Maybe my multiple restarts helped, maybe something else – all I know is that the 4th try worked.
    Good luck with helping keep the Adobe ship on course…Adobe software’s great, and, by the way, their on-line Lydia tutorials are fabulous. I can’t wait to get it all rolling! Thanks for being there – you guys are a blessing for poor schmucks like me. Virtual hugs, Mary

12. Dragon says:

Hello,
    When I click on “WebPremium_CS5_LS1.exe” it starts the install but hangs at 7%. “Extracting: C:\…\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeDreamweaver11-mul\Assets1_1.zip”.
    Please advise. Thanks.

13. Eric Wilde says:

Dragon,
    The best thing to do at this point is to contact tech support. If that doesn’t get you anywhere please send me an email directly @ ewilde@adobe.com and include the tech support case #.

14. Dragon says:

Thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately I am in a secure environment and was just handed this down to install on my machine. I will have to go up through multiple layers of red tape for our support people to contact your support people. Just checking to see if this was a common problem and if there may be a quick/easy fix before I go down that long and arduous road.
    The fact that it started to install was encouraging. But it hasn’t budged past 7% since this morning. I was hoping it was just a slow computer trying to digest a HUGE (3 Gig) file. But maybe not…
    Thanks again for your help.

15. Dragon says:

Solved it. Moving the .7z and install file to localApps worked. I think the desktop couldn’t handle that large of a file. Thanks again.

16. Chris says:

Hi, I installed cs5 master suite trial version from your website, and after it installed I ran application and it’s gets to a point where it starts to download files and then I get an error code 7. I am running it on vista 32 bit, so what’s the problem, would like to try out the software if I could get it to work.

17. Eric Wilde says:

Chris,
    Its really hard to tell what is going on from the brief description you provide. It could be anything. You’ll do best by contacting customer support and letting them walk through getting more precise information about the error and driving to a solution. Please do contact customer care. You can do so by following the instructions here:

18. Elizabeth says:

I have the same problem Mary had; my first disc installed fine, the second disc wouldn’t open.
    After trying everything in the world to make it work, (all the fixes under the sun) the first disc will not work, either. I am also operating a Gateway-Vista-64 bit. I can’t even go to the .exe file, because my computer doesn’t “see” the disc. What do I do now?

PS-I tested other discs to make sure it wasn’t my computer, and everything I put in worked fine. The only ones my computer cannot see are CS5s.

19. JImmie Ekström says:

Hello

I had some big problems with this. Googled like hell but nothing seemed to solve it.

I solved by simple log on as the .\administrator on the computer and install it from C:\CS5 as a trial.

Mvh