Join Us At MacIT/MacWorld 1/31: What The Creative Cloud Means For IT

Headed to San Francisco next week for the MacIT/MacWorld event? Here are a few tips:

1) Ravens jerseys are not so popular at the moment in SF.

2) You shouldn’t leave town without going to the Mission and having a Papalote Mexican Grill burrito drenched in their amazing salsa. Or your mouth will resent you.

3) Adobe’s session on Thursday 4:45pm – 5:30pm will be THE best session of the entire conference.*

*Okay, so I just looked at the lineup and that statement might not be completely accurate. Chip Pearson from JAMF’s keynote is likely to be great. Oh, and I didn’t see that the likes of Rich Trouton and Randy Saeks are also speaking Thursday. Those guys are always good. So I guess I can’t even state that we’ll have the best session that day. Man, looks like on our time slot we are up against a DNS session that looks pretty good. And “iPads on Planes” sounds cool. Although seems like they missed their chance to call it “iPads on a Plane.” So okay, so let’s say the we will have one of the top 5 sessions at the conference during the Thursday 4:45pm – 5:30pm time period. Yes, I feel confident about that statement. Although I bet there might be some compelling conversations out in the hall during that time period.

In all seriousness we are really excited to be participating in the conference as a sponsor and getting to engage directly with the Mac IT community. Our session was initially entitled “Managing Adobe Software: Taking IT To The Next Level” but I’ve taken that Keynote presentation and I’ve Control clicked on it and chose Move To Trash. That’s right, I’ve scratched the whole talk so that we could bring you the latest info around managing the Creative Cloud. The new talk is called “What The Creative Cloud Means For IT.” What? You don’t have to manage the Creative Cloud yet in your environment? Well one great thing about conferences like this is the opportunity to stay ahead of the curve, to be the first on your block with the scoop, the 411, the…oh you get it. Plus we will have an unveiling of something new. And there will be prizes. Prizes!

And this year I will be joined on stage by the new Product Manager of the IT Tools, Karl Gibson… all the way from Dublin, Ireland. That is 5091 miles/8192km. Traveling 7689 miles/12,372km we have our QE Lead for the IT Tools, Rahul Baiswar, all the way from Delhi, India. And coming all the way from San Jose, California (wait, that is just a train ride away) is Eric Wilde, who is not only my fantastic guy and manager (it’s review time btw) but Eric is also my partner in internal advocacy for the Enterprise IT admin. We are all excited for the event and can’t wait to see old friends in the community and meet new ones.

Here’s the details of the season. Hope to see you there. Did I mention there was going to be prizes?

MacIT 2013

Session ID: 2396

Title: Managing Adobe Software: Taking IT To The Next Level What The Creative Cloud Means For IT

Date: Thursday 1/31/13

Start Time – End Time: 4:45pm – 5:30pm

Room: 3006

Jody Rodgers | Sr. Product Manager | Enterprise + Volume | Digital Media | Adobe Systems

8 Responses to Join Us At MacIT/MacWorld 1/31: What The Creative Cloud Means For IT

1. Don Montalvo says:

Jody,

Good luck at MacIT/MacWorld, knock ‘em dead! I hope the session is recorded and published for those of us who can’t be there. :) If the cloud is where Adobe is going, the more resources available to admins the better.

Don

2. Jody Rodgers says:

Thanks for your continued support Don!

3. Second that e-motion on Creative Cloud — that’s a pretty pithy title so if the talk or replay is not available online anywhere, could we pretty please have a post-facto summary and/or slides shared here or somewhere, for those of us unlucky enough not to be able to attend?

Thanks!

• Jody Rodgers says:

Indeed. We’ll be featuring lots of posts about the Creative Cloud and IT in 2013. We realize only a small amount of the IT community can attend these events so we try and make the topics available here and on Adobe TV.

4. Kiran says:

Definitely look fwd to the link Mr Rodgers !! .. u are a great presenter and what better way to hear about the impact/advtgs of CCM for IT.

5. Anthony Reimer says:

Disappointed to hear that you will not be talking about the original topic. I thought this was a great opportunity to address the issues you had with AAMEE 3.0 and talk about whether we will see support for image creation tools like InstaDMG and System Image Utility’s NetRestore in versions of AAMEE after 3.1, and if not, what are the best workarounds.

Also, there has been significant chatter on the lists this month about changes to (or elimination of?) concurrent licensing, which is a major part of managing Adobe software in some places. I know we are expecting to move to a campus-wide licence agreement here because of this change. How will that affect our management practices if at all? This seemed like the right time to talk to people about it and clear the air, describing best practices.

Since I work for an academic institution in Canada, cloud services are a bit of a non-starter (unless we host them directly) due to the Patriot Act of the U.S., so our interest in your revised session is close to nil. Hopefully you will be around for some of those hallway chats to discuss the topics you would have covered in the original session.

• Jody Rodgers says:

Any chance you’ll be attending MacIT? We’ve got a kiosk there and would love to discuss the technical issues you’ve raised. Otherwise we could setup a call next week if you are interested.

FYI, I saw the thread on MacEnterprise about the changes you are referring to and shared them with the folks in our business unit over pricing and they shared the concerns from the 13 responses internally.

• Anthony Reimer says:

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to see you there, Jody. I appreciate that you are sympathetic when issues are raised and that you try to find solutions—from what I can tell, you are one of the good guys. That doesn’t change my opinions on issues per se and didn’t change my decision to pass on your session there (needed to get to Sonoma State to see the SF Symphony that night in any case). I know I can reach out online when need be.