Hello folks, sorry for not posting in a while. As always, I’ve been busy with life, work and everything else in between. Going forward, I’ll try to post at least once or twice a month (or else this blog will be archive automagically as I’ve discovered!)
So in the spirit of sharing, I’m starting a new series called: “Wisdom Series“. I’m calling it “Wisdom” more so because much of the post that I’ll be sharing are all real-project experience that I’ve personally encountered throughout my clients instead of just random “knowledge info” that you can readily obtain by searching the docs.day.com or some other websites. Also, I like “Widsom” in general, since it was my class section name back in Grade 5! Ah… those were the days…
For starters, I’ll divide it up into two different categories:
- Tech Wisdom – talks about different AEM specific or other technical info, tricks, etc.
- Consulting Wisdom – talks about different consulting engagement do’s/don’ts, etc.
Anyway, hope I can continue this series going for as long as I can and hope you guys see some use from it.
For the first Tech Wisdom series I’m sharing, it’ll be in regards to the newly introduced concept of “Project” in AEM 5.6. It’s a good concept however there is still much to be desired as far as the current implementation.
Tech Wisdom #1: AEM 5.6 – Project Creator
One of the new changes in AEM 5.6 is the Touch UI. Upon login, the first section that the user will see is the “Projects” section as shown below:
However for some odd reason, there is no UI available at all to create a new Project.
And so, the Project Creator I’ve created exposes this “Projects” area in Tools menu and adds a new console called: “Project Creator” as shown below:
To use the Project Creator simply do as follows:
- Install the “PVN-ProjectCreator-1.zip” package. (Download here)
- Once installed, simply go to the “Tools Console > Projects” then double click “Project Creator”. You should see the following console below.
- Fill in the proper fields as shown above then click “Create Project”
- That’s it! You should see a project created similar to the one below:
- All the code resides under /apps/projectCreator
- A sample project has been added called “Project Title” as shown above.
- This is the first release, if you have any questions/comments please send me an email at: email@example.com. If time allows, I’ll try to reply as much as I can.