I’ve just been informed that a public beta of Adobe Acrobat Connect (formerly “Breeze”), codenamed “Brio”, has been added to the Adobe Labs site, http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/brio/.
Here’s a quote:
What is Brio?
Brio is a personal web meeting service that enables you to instantly communicate and collaborate using your own online meeting room. To start a meeting, just go to your meeting room and invite others to join you at the same URL. As the host, you will need to download a small Brio add-in in order to share your screen. Meeting attendees will not need to download any software unless they will also be sharing their screen. There is no need to schedule meetings in advance.
How is Brio different from Adobe Acrobat Connect?
Brio is the next generation of Adobe Acrobat Connect. Additional features in Brio that are not in Adobe Acrobat Connect include:
* Richer expression in the Chat Pod with sizes, colors, and emoticons.
* Text layout controls in the Note Pod including bullets, size, and color.
* Save as .doc file option for meeting Chat and Notes.
* Upload files to distribute to your meeting participants.
* Voice over IP option as an alternative to teleconferencing.
* Right click menus.
* Access to key meeting features while screen sharing with new palette.
* Whiteboard Pod with option to save your work as a .png file.
* Annotate over screen sharing using whiteboarding tools with option to save as your work as a .png file.
* Personalized display images in the meeting attendee list.
* Additional options (accept all and automatic room entry) for accepting attendees to a meeting.
* New Role names (host, participant and audience) for attendees and more capabilities for participants making it easy to collaborate during meetings. Participants can now share their screen, enter notes, whiteboard automatically without being promoted to a presenter.
Brio beta allows you to:
* Host unlimited online meetings with up to 3 meeting participants.
* Interact with easy-to-use screen sharing, chat and whiteboards.
* Access your meeting instantly with a personalized, easy-to-remember URL.
* Distribute documents and files to meeting participants.
* Use integrated VoIP, teleconferencing and multi-point video.
Head on over to the Brio homepage on Adobe Labs and check it out.
Also, if you haven’t noticed yet, Adobe.com has just received a really slick redesign. Kudos to the web team!