Rumor has it that we’ve released beta copies of the upcoming versions of Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Soundbooth over on the Adobe Labs site.
- Adobe Dreamweaver beta — New features help teams and individual developers alike reach the next level in performance and functionality. (More)
- Adobe Fireworks beta — Create, edit, and optimize web graphics more accurately and faster than ever with the enhanced toolset. (More)
- Adobe Soundbooth beta — New tools for video editors, designers, and others who need to accomplish their everyday audio work. (More)
For more information, see “New Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Soundbooth Betas Released on Labs” on the official Adobe Labs blog.
Justin Everett-Church (Sr. Product Manager for Adobe Flash Player), posted an excellent FAQ for Peer to Peer communication in the Flash Player 10 beta, “Peer to Peer (P2P) in Flash Player 10 beta”.
Head on over and find out the answers to the following:
- Does Flash Player 10 beta support Peer to Peer (P2P) communication?
- How will I make a P2P connection through Flash Player 10 beta?
- What can I send through the P2P connection?
- How does the peer connection work?
- Can I choose between UDP and TCP?
- Will RTMFP enable massive file-sharing applications through Flash Player 10 beta?
- Can I get started with RTMFP now?
Blah, blah, blah, list of posts from the past week from my Flex examples blog, blog.flexexamples.com:
It seems everything has been very heavily weighted on the Flex NumericStepper control this past week. So if the NumericStepper isn’t your “thing”, check out what some of the other Adobe Flex bloggers have been blogging about over the past week: This Week’s Top Posts.
A sampling of blog posts from my coworkers on the Flex SDK, Flex Builder, and LiveCycle teams:
And from the fine folks on the Flash Player team:
Ah, seems like just yesterday I posted This Week’s Top Posts (5/15). Here we are, 24 hours later and there have been several excellent posts by the fine folks on the Flex, Flex Builder, and Flash Player teams. So, if you’re looking for some good weekend reading, here you go:
Not to be outdone, the Flash Player team blogged the following in the past twenty-four hours:
Today’s bonus link comes to us from Clement Wong, former compiler engineering lead on the Flex SDK team:
Sorry, I’ve been neglecting these updates lately, but here is a list of posts from the past couple weeks from my Flex examples blog, blog.flexexamples.com:
Finished reading all those entries already? Check out what some other people on the Flex/Flex Builder/Flash Player teams are saying, “This Week’s Top Posts (5/15)”.
Also, don’t forget to check out the new Adobe Flash Player 10 beta (codename: Astro).
In case you haven’t heard the news, the Flash Player team released a beta version of Flash Player 10 on the Adobe Labs site today: http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Astro
For more information, see the Flash Player 10 technology page at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
Key New Features:
- 3D Effects
- Custom Filters and Effects
- Advanced Text Layout
- Enhanced Drawing API
- Visual Performance Improvements
You can download the Flash Player 10/Astro beta from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html.
Behold! A list of blog posts from the various Flex SDK, and Flex Builder blogs that I’ve been reading over the past week (or so):
Plus, here are a few interesting posts from the Flash Player from the past week:
* – Scott Evans (www.gettingandsetting.com) is a new lead developer on the Adobe Flex Builder team.
Here is a list of some of the various blog posts from the Flex SDK, and Flex Builder blogs that I’ve been reading over the past week:
And not to be left out, here’s a couple interesting posts from the Flash Player from the past week: