Photoshop Blog

Create an Adobe ID Today

Have you created an Adobe ID and registered your Adobe product?

newID

As Chief Customer Advocate for Digital Imaging, it’s my job to ensure our customers have answers to their technical support questions and remain well informed. As part of a series of posts, I’ll be giving my tips for you and your Adobe software.

ID’s are everywhere these days and I’m sure many already have log-ins for Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, iTunes, etc. which bring a level of security and personalization to an account.

overview

Here’s a few reasons you should consider creating an Adobe ID and registering your Adobe product:

1. If You Lose Your Serial Number

If you purchase a boxed copy of Photoshop, Adobe won’t have a record of who owns the serial contained in the box until you register it. If you register your product serial number with your Adobe ID on Adobe.com, even if you lose the box, you can simply log-in any time to retrieve your serial number.

Please note: With Photoshop CS6, creating an Adobe ID and product registration are now built into the installation/activation process.

Note: One of the cool things about purchasing an electronic download version from Adobe.com is that your serial number is automatically registered to your account and a download link for your product is available to you from your Adobe ID account.

2. Protection Against Counterfeit Software

In a previous post, I discussed the danger of users mistakenly purchasing counterfeit software. When you register a serial number, Adobe validates the serial number to ensure it’s Adobe Genuine. Often times, users never register their product and find out 18 months later when upgrading their product that their previous version product won’t work to activate their upgrade.

I highly recommend you register your product right after purchase and installation of the product so you can determine if your product you purchased is genuine. If it is a counterfeit product you’ll be able take action to return the product immediately.

3. Access to User Communities and Support

Once you create your Adobe ID account on Adobe.com, you can use your Adobe ID to log into our community forums to ask questions and solve problems by interacting with other knowledgeable users and product team members. You can also report make feature request and report bugs. Having an Adobe ID also streamlines your support experience. You can create an online support case from your Adobe account at any time of day, not just during business/support hours, and interact with support via email.

If you do have to call in, having your product registration information squared away means you don’t have to provide your name, contact info, and 24-digit serial numbers prior to getting to the heart of your question or issue.

4. Streamlining Software Purchases

An Adobe ID can also make your Adobe.com purchase process more convenient, allowing you to view your order history and status, and auto-fill your order with your information.

5. Other Benefits

You can also use your Adobe ID to:

Additional Resources:

I hope you find these resources helpful. Let me know if there are any questions I can help answer or point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

– Jeff Tranberry, Chief Customer Advocate
Visit Jeff’s blog Digital Imaging Crawlspace

Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Touch, Photoshop.com

Join the discussion

• […] There are real benefits to having an Adobe ID, though (e.g. keeping track of your serial numbers). Jeff Tranberry quickly lists details. Posted by John Nack at 8:38 AM on February 19, […]

• […] There are real benefits to having an Adobe ID, though (e.g. keeping track of your serial numbers). Jeff Tranberry quickly lists details. [Via John […]

• By Kent Patterson - 5:24 PM on February 20, 2012   Reply

I have no objection to an ID for the stated purpose. However, over the years I have changed email addresses several times for various reasons… the provider went out of business, retired, didn’t like the service from the provider, etc. I purchased Adobe products during while using most of these email addresses. Adobe (and others) often require the email address used when software was purchased and want to send the serial nos., ID Nos. etc. to that address. So, the only list of serial nos. etc. that i can get are those registered to my current email address.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 12:54 PM on February 21, 2012   Reply

If you find yourself in this situation, you should work with support to change your email address or consolidate accounts. More details in this document: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/167/tn_16721.html (Note: if you have cookies enabled and you hang out on this page, a support chat option becomes available.)

• […] best way to ensure that the software you purchased is Adobe genuine software is to register your product on Adobe.com using your Adobe ID immediately after you purchase it. If it is a counterfeit product you’ll be able take action to […]

• By Photoshop - 1:45 AM on February 24, 2012   Reply

Thanks, i have account 😀

• […] beta. You must log-in using your Adobe ID. Jeff Tranberry, our Chief Customer Advocate, drafted a blog post recently about all the ways this ID will help protect you and your software purchase. We hope that […]

• By Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Free - 2:48 AM on March 22, 2012   Reply

• By Ted Friedman - 12:11 PM on March 22, 2012   Reply

I am a retired graphic designer/artist brushing up on some old skills.

I have just downloaded beta cd6 and am looking at the many features, it looks very good so far!

As I have already have a registered account with Adobe how could find which software I have registered on record with you if its not to much trouble

• By Gratis Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta - 4:34 PM on March 22, 2012   Reply

[…] Photoshop CS6 for a limited time agar tidak meminta serial number. Dalam hal ini Anda harus membuat Adobe ID login untuk aktivasi online dalam waktu tujuh hari. Bryan Hughes O’Neil, seorang Manajer […]

• […] kurulumu bittikten sonra “I want to try Adobe Photoshop CS6 for a limited time” seçip Adobe ID bilgisini girmeniz yeterli […]

• By KARAM HUSSAIN - 6:28 AM on March 31, 2012   Reply

PS SHOP STUDENT

• By KARAM HUSSAIN - 6:29 AM on March 31, 2012   Reply

PS SHOP PROPRITER

• By tony - 10:22 AM on April 1, 2012   Reply

I would like to know how long we can use this beta version?

It says “limited time” but it’s not clear.

I would like to know if registering the beta version using an adobe id (which we must do within 7 days of downloading the product) has anything to do with the length of the trial.

If I get an adobe id and register it right away will that affect how long my access to the software will be before I need to make a purchase.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• By PRASAD - 12:42 AM on April 3, 2012   Reply

Please explain the uses of photoshop. How we can use it

• By PRASAD - 12:44 AM on April 3, 2012   Reply

Please send the following information

1.Uses of Photo shop
    2.How it is to be used

• […] to get started and no software serial numbers are needed. Remember you will need to create an Adobe ID login for online activation of the software within seven […]

• By Zlar08 - 1:05 AM on April 19, 2012   Reply

I was planning to purchase Master Collection CS5.5 and before that decided to try trial version. Unfortunately I had to stop downloading as it had been taking over 20 hours.

I will try again later, but I have some questions:

1. Do you think that my MacBook Pro OS X Lion 10.7.3 with 2.4 GHz, i5, 500GB 5400rpm, 4 GB Memory, HD Intel 3000 graphic card, 1280×800 screen is incompatible with MC CS 5.5 as its
    system requirements are higher than my Mac : i7 with larger storage and 7200 rpm, 1280×900.

2. Do I need to download JavaScript for some CS5.5 applications as I heard some applications in CS5.5 require JavaScript?

Zlar08

• By Donald Fogelsanger - 8:50 AM on April 24, 2012   Reply

My second wife died and her sons moved in quickly to capture EVERYTHING for their inheritance. I was asked to move out of “their house.” I tried as best I could but did not retrive everything I moved in with, including my Adobe CS5 software. I have it on my HP desktop. I alsio have the boxed CS2 Premium from which I upgraded. its serial number is 1131-1144-4066-7108-7654-3236. My computer is giving me trouble and the folks at iYogi.com say I need to restore the computer to original software. That will erase my Adobe software. After I make this move to restore the computer I will need to download CS5 again. I am registered with Adobe, but cannot find any seriel number to record the CS5 software. Of course, by now I do not remember even exactly when it was installed (I am 75 years old) Please tell me how to restore Adobe cs5 after my harddrive is restored to factory specs. Thank you, Donald

• […] to get started and no software serial numbers are needed. Remember you will need to create anAdobe ID login for online activation of the software within seven […]

• By James - 11:37 AM on May 9, 2012   Reply

News adobe giving good Photoshop makings

• By Mark Smith - 11:01 AM on June 1, 2012   Reply

I learned the hard way that not registering your Adobe product right after you purchase and install it is a HUGE mistake. With something as expensive as Adobe products are, it’s worth the small hassle and effort to create an Adobe ID and immediately register your product.

I bought what I thought was a legitimate Adobe product several years ago, but never registered it so I never new, until I tried to upgrade it, that it was a counterfeit product. I won’t make that mistake again! Jeff was extremely helpful in working with me to come to an amenable solution for everyone.

Register your product!

Mark

• […] the install of Photoshop CS6, you will be asked to be online and use your Adobe ID to activate your software. ID’s are everywhere these days and I’m sure many already have […]

• By Hans Hagemann Llanos - 11:10 AM on June 16, 2012   Reply

hello i want to create an account in photoshop

• By Create an Adobe ID Today | PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG - 7:47 AM on July 8, 2012   Reply

[…] – Jeff Tranberry, Chief Customer Advocate Visit Jeff’s blog Digital Imaging Crawlspace […]

• […] off, it’s extremely important to have an Adobe ID and register your copy of Photoshop. Benefits of registering your […]

• […] Why should I create an Adobe ID to register or activate my product? […]

• By Narghes compani - 12:47 AM on August 28, 2012   Reply

your primier softwar very adamantin inistal

• By mehak - 5:55 AM on August 31, 2012   Reply

Can U all pls tell me how to free download photoshop CS5 or CS6 on my pc..in windows xp.??plss do reaply..

• By Jaye - 11:53 AM on October 18, 2012   Reply

Does Adobe own the content( your personal images) if you keep the images private on your online Adobe account?

Because I see that they *do* have the right to utilize your images as they see fit, if you make your images public( IE- on public Adobe Forums, Galleries and the like).

This is a concern for many users and I have to say, it is the main reason I have not yet signed up for and Adobe ID. My images are my images and because I purchase/use your products does not mean I should have to give up my artistic license/copyright to my images. Please advise. Thank You!

• By Want to Transfer to Mac? | Tigers walk behind me - 7:39 AM on December 23, 2012   Reply

[…] If your drive crashed/the computer burnt out before you could deactivate your Adobe programs, or you need help running through the steps for deactivation, contact Adobe customer service. Did you lose the serial number? Check your online Adobe account. […]

• By Jude - 5:11 PM on January 6, 2013   Reply

Adobe will not accept my email address for an account. Says it does not have a match. I don`t think I was ever signed up.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 11:03 AM on January 7, 2013   Reply

Hi Jude,

Please contact support via the information the “Additional Information” section of my post above and they should be able to get you straightened out.

• By Mediadesign24 - 9:20 AM on January 20, 2013   Reply

We already have an account 😀
    Still not a bad article…

• By Olga O Rodriguez - 9:02 AM on January 31, 2013   Reply

I have being using my PH CS6 and now I am getting this “Adobe ID”. I really don’t want to start an account. This product belongs to UTHSCSA and it was already registered. How can I get rid of this “create account” and continue using the PH CS software?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:50 AM on January 31, 2013   Reply

Hi Olga,

What you’re seeing sounds like the following issue:

install the update and enter your serial number and/or log in to activate once. Then you shouldn’t see the dialog again after that.

Registering and activating with an Adobe ID is compulsory with CS6. This does two things:

1. Registers your serial # with your Adobe ID so your serial number can be recovered if you lose your DVD/box with the serial on it.

2. Verifies the serial # is genuine to protect you from counterfeit software.

• By donald lipski - 10:23 AM on March 19, 2013   Reply

I have a Photoshop account. I have a new email address and cannot get into my account to change it, since I no longer have the old address.

Please advise me.

• By mahdi - 3:11 AM on April 3, 2013   Reply

i want to create an adobe ID. please recommended to make it how i can?

• By sashank - 12:49 AM on April 16, 2013   Reply

I intrested to photoshop

• By sashank - 12:50 AM on April 16, 2013   Reply

I like a photoshop iam intrested

• By sashank - 12:51 AM on April 16, 2013   Reply

i want to create an adobe ID. please recommended to make it how i can?

• By sashank - 12:52 AM on April 16, 2013   Reply

Register your product!
    Mark

• By sashank - 12:53 AM on April 16, 2013   Reply

• By holowanie lublin| - 10:14 AM on May 8, 2013   Reply

Disculpe que tengo que mandare esto, pero la verdad es que lo necesito

• By SACHIN SJ - 1:57 AM on May 23, 2013   Reply

how can i create an account?

• By chary - 10:12 AM on May 23, 2013   Reply

how can i creat an new accout ?

• By Photoshop FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - 8:52 PM on June 17, 2013   Reply

[…] Why should I create an Adobe ID to register or activate my product? […]

• By wang hao ming - 7:56 PM on July 21, 2013   Reply

I want to create an adobe ID

• By Prince - 2:07 AM on September 1, 2013   Reply

i’m having the problem when i create a new document it says “scratch dis is full”
    How should i fix it?

• By Dim - 4:43 PM on December 27, 2013   Reply

Just wanted to share my opinion :) The real benefit of adobe ID is getting all the latest updates in the Adobe Cloud without the wait for the version on with the latest bells and whistles to come out on a DVD! We at SmallCrowd upgraded to Creative Cloud and we cant imagine our workflow without it! Thanks Adobe we LOVE you! Best wishes to all the Adobe people! Dim and the team from http://www.smallcrowd.co.uk

• By richard talman - 8:06 AM on January 3, 2014   Reply

When I try to start photoshop elements 12, whether its organizer or photo editor
    I get an internet of digital product id error. I have registered this product with adobe through my adobe account id. so what is the digital product id

• By lightroom presets - 8:55 AM on January 4, 2014   Reply

Amazing! Ӏts genuinely remarkable article, I havе got much сleaг idea about from this post.

• By Beat Course - 7:35 AM on January 29, 2014   Reply

There are problem with my account. I signed when i setup PS 6. But it is alert is “reset password” . But I have’nt receive mail.

• By Christian - 4:54 AM on February 3, 2014   Reply

Hi. Maybe I’m knocking on the wrong door, I dont know, but I hope you can help med with a little question!?

I have photoshop cs6 on my computer which is bought by another one in the same household, on his adobe id. Can i buy and download Lightroom from MY adobe id on to the same computer without any crashes or conflicts of some sort?

• By Sophie - 7:15 AM on April 10, 2014   Reply

When I try to log in with my Adobe ID it says @validating serial number, this may take a few moments’ and then just closes that window down and does nothing??

What is the problem here?

• By babatunde - 3:16 AM on May 9, 2014   Reply

how can i create an account

• By Errol Bosman - 5:12 AM on May 14, 2014   Reply

I have bought and installed PS Elements 12. Now I have to Create an ID.
    BUT HOW? Why does it have to be such a secret? Or I must be very stupid. Please let me know how to create an Adobe ID.

• By Errol Bosman - 5:15 AM on May 14, 2014   Reply

It would be nice to create an Adobe ID today, as it says on the blog name.

• By pako - 7:23 PM on June 13, 2014   Reply

• By Francine - 12:48 PM on August 4, 2014   Reply

I apparently did not register my originally purchased Photoshop Elements 11 product. Is there anyway to find out my serial number? My old computer has died and I want to use the software on my new computer, but it keeps asking me for my serial number, which I do not have. Thanks for any help in advance.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 2:33 PM on August 4, 2014   Reply

I looked on your account and the serial was never registered. Do you still have the box? It would be with the install DVD.

• By Hidayat - 2:30 AM on January 7, 2015   Reply

• By Sujsie Reece - 9:32 PM on January 30, 2015   Reply

Okay, I am FRUSTRATED…wanted to send an email with my situation. I am a registered user. However the email address used to register is no longer accessible. I can not remember the password used for that account. In order to change you have to log in which I can not do. HELP.

I would like to install my PSE 10 onto a new computer. I have the serial # but will want to use the new email. Considering an upgrade but with this frustration of your hiding your availability not sure I want to do that.

Do not want to give any other information in a public forum.

Thank you for your prompt response.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 5:30 PM on January 31, 2015   Reply

I’ll have someone contact you and get you fixed up.

• By Susie Reece - 9:04 PM on January 31, 2015   Reply

Thank You.

How will the contact be made?

Susie Reece

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 11:58 AM on February 1, 2015   Reply

Via the email address you’ve used to post here.

• By Susie Reece - 5:19 PM on February 1, 2015

Thank you I will watch for it.

Susie

• By seibah sulemana - 3:07 AM on February 19, 2015   Reply

lovee it
    haa

• By ProDesignTools - 4:36 PM on February 20, 2015   Reply

Hi Jeff,

There appear to have been some recent changes on the Adobe site and it no longer seems easy to find the page to create a NEW Adobe ID account…

The previous pages no longer offer that option (e.g., adobe.com/go/membership or accounts.adobe.com) – and the links given in the blog post above only lead to existing sign-in pages that offer no way to complete your request to “Create an Adobe ID Today.”

Is there any URL/link still available that you can specify here (or that we can give to interested new visitors) to allow them to sign up for a new account?

Thanks!

• By Kayla dill - 2:03 PM on February 27, 2015   Reply

I want an account

• By Martin - 1:08 AM on March 21, 2015   Reply

The “create an adobe account” button at the top of this page actually links to a sign in page for an existing account NOT a create new account page. I spent hours chasing my tail trying to find a correct current link to a create new Adobe account. Please amend.

• By Noel Joseph Antonio - 1:39 PM on March 26, 2015   Reply

Not helpful and friendly Sign-up website

• By dennis sharp - 9:46 PM on April 25, 2015   Reply

net help registering ps elements 12 can’t find serial number

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 6:24 PM on April 26, 2015   Reply

Hi Dennis, I looked up your account with the email you used to post here and didn’t find any registered products. Did you perhaps register it with a different email address?

• By Susan Fiyalko - 1:36 PM on June 19, 2015   Reply

How can I retrieve the pictures that are in the Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.2. The program came on the computer, is now discontinued and I can not access my pictures.

• By sandra smith - 12:41 AM on June 28, 2015   Reply

Have registered and been approved for photoshop /lightroom CC subscription with emails as proof. Still unable to get a number to access full version as it asks me for. Says my trial version about to run out. But I am paying for subscription. Have tried all avenue. Including adobe help line a number of times.

• By Alex Tsaran - 3:46 AM on July 11, 2015   Reply

Hi, I’ve purchased Creative Cloud Photography plan, have paid from my card then downloaded Creative Cloud application and install Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 from there. But i can’t register Photoshop. Creative Cloud app and “About” menu in Photoshop says that i have to buy this product. But i have not any registration code or serial number. What am i doing wrong and how can i register Photoshop? Thanks.

Join the discussion