Your Creations: Powered by Photoshop CS6 beta!
There have been over three quarters of a million downloads for the Photoshop CS6 beta and we want to see what you’re creating!
The Photoshop team has developed a simple way for you to watermark your images, so you can show us what you’re up to with the cool new features in the latest release.
We’ll be selecting two Photoshop CS6 beta-edited images each week to appear as the Official Photoshop Facebook Cover Photo for nearly 4 million fans to see! All you have to do is submit the image to our Facebook wall with the official Photoshop CS6 watermark.
Attribution will be provided on the cover image, so you’ll get credit for your hard work. We’ll be selecting several cover image winners per week. There’s no limit on entries, so keep posting what you create.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Right-click (Windows) or Ctrl+click on the Powered by Photoshop CS6.zip file and choose Save File As. Save the file to your desktop or downloads folder.
2. Double-click the downloaded file to unzip it. If you are given the option, choose to Extract All files.
3. Open Photoshop CS6.
4. Drag the unzipped action entitled “Powered by Photoshop CS6.atn” onto your Photoshop CS6 application icon. This loads it into the Actions panel.
5. Open an image you want watermarked.
6. If your Actions panel does not display in Photoshop, choose Window > Actions to display it.
7. Under the Powered by Photoshop CS6 action, choose the white or black version of the watermark based on the overall lightness or darkness of the image.
8. Click the Play button at the bottom of the Actions panel to run the action.
9. Choose Edit > Transform to scale and position the watermark on your image.
11. Upload the watermarked submission to the Photoshop Facebook Wall and include the phrase “This Image is powered by Photoshop CS6 beta.”
If you haven’t downloaded the beta yet, you can find it on Adobe Labs. There’s a lot of magic packed into this release with features like Content Aware Move, that allow you to seamlessly move or remove someone or something from an image. Or there are features that, within just a few seconds, allow you to add dramatic blur effects without masks, layers or depth maps. The list of customer requested features we’ve added goes on and on, but we believe the software truly comes to life when YOU bring your creative vision to it.
Please make sure to read the Official Rules of the Contest before submitting your images.
Show us what you’ve got and share your creations with your friends. We’re looking forward to seeing what has been powered by Photoshop CS6 beta!