Photoshop CS6 13.0.1 Update Now Available
Today, we released an update to Photoshop CS6 with version 13.0.1. This update fixes a number of functional, crashing, and performance issues across the product.
How To Get The Update
1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update
We fixed a total number of 76 core issues in 13.0.1, including:
- 2 Security fixes (http://www.adobe.com/go/apsb12-20)
- 31 Crashing fixes
- 18 fixes to 3D features
- 15 fixes to Drawing and Graphics features
Here are some specific fixes for the following bugs:
- 3D: Reflection does not render when ray Traced
- 3D: Ray Trace does not stop rendering
- 3D: OpenGL widget stops working in Full Screen Windows
- Paths and Shapes: No way to select a Shape layer without path getting activated
- Paths and Shapes: Shapes do not constrain properly with non-square pixels
- Paths and Shapes: Unable to type on paths or shape layer
- Paths and Shapes: Vector Layers Copy/Paste attributes not actionable
- Paths and Shapes: No vector preview when transforming shape layers.
- Windows task bar location & image window problem
- Paint is offset with Grip Pen
- Actions: An action that copies, closes, and pastes to another open image gives error that it cannot paste Documents open as floating
- Actions: CS4/5 Actions that include “Use legacy” option are not using legacy in CS6
- Liquify: Mac 10.8: Corruption when using large images on a background layer
- Type: Extensis: Update All Text Layer becomes available after replace missing fonts
- Layer Comps: “Could not complete your request because the result would be too big” displayed with this CS5 sample file
- Group Styles: Some blending options not saved with file
- Video playback should use draft quality for faster playback
- After crop, Adjustment layers with dropdown menus become grayed out in properties panel
- Channels Panel: Thumbnails don’t update after moving layer
- Performance: Moving layers is slow compared to CS5 if layer palette is visible and thumbnails are showing
Stability and Security
We work hard to ensure that Photoshop rarely crashes and we’ve raised the stability bar even higher with 13.0.1.
However, if you do hit a crash, please let us know about it.
Here are some guidelines on how to submit crash reports to Adobe:
Giving us feedback
The quality of Photoshop wouldn’t be what it is today without our passionate customers around the world. Giving us regular feedback helps us to find and fix issues that we may otherwise not know about. We are listening.
Here are a few ways that you can send us feedback:
- Give feedback on Photoshop.com
- Give feedback on the Photoshop User to User forums
- In Photoshop, choose Help > Adobe Product Improvement Program, then click Participate
We hope that this update resolves a number of your top issues in CS6 and we welcome your comments!
Quality Engineering Manager, Photoshop