Photoshop Blog

December 30, 2013 /Lightroom /Photoshop /

CS3-CS6 Customers: Photoshop Photography Program Extended through Feb. 28 (UPDATE)

UPDATE: The Photoshop Photography Program is back for a limited time. Take advantage of the offer here.

Hey Photoshop and Lightroom Fans! Tomorrow is the last day the Photoshop Photography Program is open for everyone to join at $9.99 a month. Sign up by midnight on December 31, 2013 and get access to Photoshop and Lightroom, plus all the benefits of a Creative Cloud single-app plan for just $9.99 per month.

After that, the program will be available at $9.99 per month for anyone who owns a CS3 product or later. That special price is available until February 28, 2014.

Happy New Year from the Photoshop and Lightroom teams!
Pam Clark
Director of Product Management, Photoshop

Lightroom, Photoshop

Join the discussion

• By candace webb - 12:09 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

I only have PhotoShop elements. If I sign up for this will I have access to cs6 as well as light room?

• By Torie Tiffany - 12:19 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

How much for the Photoshop, Bridge, Illustrator & In Design that I have been using for 30+ years?

• By ucreateit - 12:49 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

I am so confused about what i have, what i don’t have, what and i need from adobe.
    I need a cloud systen to back up psd files in layers and pull up on other devices. I have I Mac, older Ipad ,
    Samsung note 5 and an older PC. I have PS cs6 software and indesign downloaded on both PC and IMac.

I think i have Adobe cloud but don’t know how to backup onto it.

• By Jason Williams - 1:12 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

If you have already had to subscribe to full creative cloud package can you downgrade to the photographic package

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:39 AM on December 31, 2013   Reply

Hi Jason, someone will be in touch to assist you with your options.

• By Sandy - 1:53 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

What if you subscribe and then a year later don’t want to renew because it does to seem worth it.
    What happens to the CS6 and Lightroom 5 I have already have bought and installed??

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:38 AM on December 31, 2013   Reply

Hi Sandy, Signing up for or canceling a Creative Cloud Complete or Photoshop Photography Program does not affect any perpetual licenses you own.

• By Mohamed Mekhamer - 3:39 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

why it’s not available here in Egypt, Do you think that there is no photographers here!

• By Michelle Rudland - 6:31 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

What if we signed up before the special and want the special?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:37 AM on December 31, 2013   Reply

Hi Michelle, someone will be in touch to assist you with your options.

• By Cathy - 7:34 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

I went to there sight and it looks like the price for those who own CS3 or later is $29.99…where did you get your info? It doesn’t say anything about expiring in February.

• By Cathy - 7:35 PM on December 30, 2013   Reply

Sorry…their not there!

• By Andre - 6:41 AM on December 31, 2013   Reply

Same question as Michelle Rudland: I signed in for some $35 per month for the whole cloud suite before this offer was available. Can I now switch? Lightroom and PS is really all I need.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:35 AM on December 31, 2013   Reply

Andre, someone will be in touch to assist you with your options.

• By Tracy Smith - 10:18 AM on December 31, 2013   Reply

I am on the subscriber program with Adobe for my CS5. How does this special affect me? I would like the CS6 and Lightroom, of course, but will I OWN CS6 or be a subscriber? Also if I dont like CS6 will I lose my CS5 subscription too?

• By Mike - 3:06 PM on December 31, 2013   Reply

I would also like to know if it is possible to downgrade from the full CC suite to this. The full package is just overkill for me. Thanks.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 1:29 PM on January 1, 2014   Reply

Hi Mike, someone will be in touch to assist you with your options.

• By jack - 4:51 PM on December 31, 2013   Reply

The offer for owners of current PS products is confusing, and hopefully not bait and switch. I received an email offer to subscribe to PS/LR CC at $9.99/mo, with the price being good “for as long as you continue your membership” The renewal information also says the renewal is at the current price. The offer expires today. I held off until today because I have to upgrade to Mavericks which is going to make some of my programs disfunctional. When I went enroll on the internet, the terms and conditions do not reflect the offer, but talk about “then current price.”, no longer guaranteeing the $9.99 price. Frustrating.

• By Denise McNickle - 7:09 AM on January 1, 2014   Reply

I currently own CS6. I have an older version of Lightroom. I am considering subscribing to the Photography program but am confused about how it exactly works. Do I get to download Lightroom to my Mac or do I always have to use it via wifi and in the cloud somewhere?
    What are the advantages of this program over just buying Lightroom since I already have CS6?

• By ProDesignTools - 8:49 AM on January 1, 2014   Reply

Hi Denise, all these applications (PS + LR) run locally on your desktop just like normal, not online or in the cloud – that is one of the common CC myths.

US$10 a month is the regular price for this program if you sign up during Adobe’s offer period, and as a member you receive access to the latest versions of both tools – currently CC for Photoshop and 5 for Lightroom – plus ongoing upgrades.

• By Denise McNickle - 9:10 AM on January 1, 2014   Reply

Thank you for the information. It looks like CC Photography program is the way to go.

• By Jorge Morales - 9:06 AM on January 3, 2014   Reply

Me interesa el Programa de Fotografía extendida. No se si todavía puedo inscribirme hoy 3 de Enero de 2014 y si me pueden mantener el precio mensual ofrecido.
    Agradezco me avisen al correo si es posible todavía mi inscripción y me envíen instrucciones paso a paso para inscribirme.
    Advierto que no tengo los programas. Solo tenía Photoshop CS 6 a prueba, pero ya expiró. Creo que el Programa me animaría a comprar esta herramienta de diseño de fotografía. GRACIAS. Espero respuesta.

• By Shelly - 12:40 PM on January 3, 2014   Reply

Will this special run again? I really wanted the Lightroom/Photoshop deal for $9.99 a month for Christmas and was sure my husband was going to buy it. I’m really bummed he didn’t (he feels bad). But I’m especially bummed that the offer was extended past Christmas and I just now found out. I would love to get these two but really don’t want to spend more than the promo amount as I’m just learning. Thanks so much!

• By Pat Leduc - 5:13 AM on January 4, 2014   Reply

I just talk to a sales rep. yesterday and he told me the sale price of 9.99 per month is good for 1 year only. After that the regular price kicks in. I would like to know what the price per month will be after the year is up.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 12:35 PM on January 4, 2014   Reply

Hi Pat, $9.99 is the price. It’s not a first year promo.

• By Ralph Berrett - 4:02 PM on January 4, 2014   Reply

I will wait for CS7 😉

• By gary saunders - 3:52 PM on January 5, 2014   Reply

I was considering the offer but the question I have is will it work on my pc and mac. or do I need two accounts. I just retired and I am considering photography. Should I just purchase program outright or is that even an option.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:33 AM on January 6, 2014   Reply

Hi Gary, Creative Cloud is cross platform you can install on both Mac and Win.

• By Caroline Steffensen - 3:17 AM on January 8, 2014   Reply

Hey. I had alot of photos in here and they are all gone how can i found them ?

• By Crystan Copeland - 8:51 AM on January 9, 2014   Reply

When will my account be charged the fee each month?

• By James Taunton - 10:50 AM on January 9, 2014   Reply

Oh no! I can’t believe I missed this. Will this offer be available again in the future?

• By Ania - 9:38 PM on January 9, 2014   Reply

I can’t believe I miss the opportunity to start my Photoshop again. I have Photoshop CS2 and I upgraded my Mac to Mavrick an now the photoshop is not compatible , any suggestion ,please .

• By Ralph Berrett - 11:41 PM on January 11, 2014   Reply

There is CS6 it is fully compatible and is finest version Photoshop to date. You could tell they designed it to meet and beat customers’ needs and expectations. Only that that might beat it is a CS7 version. 😉

• […] case you didn’t see the news earlier, I’m happy to say that anyone who owns a CS3 or later Adobe product can get Photoshop, […]

• By Lisa - 12:57 PM on January 13, 2014   Reply

Would have really been nice if Adobe would have actually sent an email to current CC members about this back when it was launched. Yes, I’m the poor idiot who has been paying $49.99 a month for CC so I could use PS and LR. I just today found out about the $9.99 deal… but nope, even tho I’m already a CC customer and have been since CC was launched… I still get to pay the $49.99 a month price from now until kingdom come. Why? Because Adobe apparently only knows my email address when it’s time to bill. What am I gonna do about it? I’m gonna moan and whine and be bitter…since I know of no other way to get things done without PS and LR. This really sucks.

• By don j - 6:42 AM on January 14, 2014   Reply

i have a older latop and cheap tablet..can i use the program thru cloud

• By Amy Cuervo - 1:49 PM on January 15, 2014   Reply

I’ve Photoshop Elements–will this allow me to learn Photoshop? What tuturials will be available?

• By Richard Hall - 8:08 AM on January 17, 2014   Reply

From what i read in the term, the $9.99 price is good for one year and then it renews to whatever the going rate will be. Is there any way of estimating what this rate is going to be?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 12:50 PM on January 17, 2014   Reply

Hi Richard,

$9.99 is *the* (ongoing) price, not a first year promo. There are currently no plans to increase the price. We can’t, however, say the price won’t ever need to go up to account for inflation.

• By Andrew - 10:33 PM on January 17, 2014   Reply

I own a copy of Elements 12 along with lightroom 3.0

I wish I’d known about the deal finishing Dec 30.

Am I currently eligible for the 9.99 subscription?

thanks for all the above feedback.

• By Richard - 4:21 AM on January 25, 2014   Reply

Hi, I really want to upgrade to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 at the $9.99/mo offer but I don’t qualify.
    I have previously purchased the educational version of CS4, and I have Acrobat Professional 9 and Lightroom 4.
    Any possibility someone from Adobe could help me out?

• By James - 2:30 PM on January 29, 2014   Reply

Hi, can I upgrade from my Photoshop Elements 3.0 to get the Photoshop/Lightroom deal?

• By Creative IT - 8:12 PM on January 29, 2014   Reply

How long will this offer last?

• By Warren White - 12:48 PM on February 13, 2014   Reply

I purchased Lightroom 5 recently. Where can I find the tutorial for it.

• By Ralph Berrett - 3:11 PM on May 1, 2014   Reply

I will wait for CS7. So far no reason to move to the cloud.

• By vinaigre de cidre - 11:39 AM on June 6, 2014   Reply

I second everything Ads said. Has Adobe looked into country firewalls around the world? What’s the solution for journalists working in North Korea or in the Middle East? If Lightroom goes down the same path as adobe cloud I’m going to have to rethink my aversions to Capture One. I think Adobe’s hipster programmers and decision makers need to get out of their sheltered Starbucks comfort zone and spend some time working in third world countries.

• By Ian Douglas - 10:47 AM on September 2, 2014   Reply

Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 at $9.99 per month translates to $12.50 in the United Kingdom!!!

I wonder who pockets the extra $2.50 and why? I think we should be told.

Join the discussion