Photoshop Blog

June 15, 2015 /Photoshop /Product News /

Adobe Launches the 2015 Release of Photoshop CC – with Major New Features for Designers (including Artboards)

I am thrilled to announce the availability of the 2015 release of Photoshop CC. Twenty-five years ago, two brothers – John and Thomas Knoll – set out to create a software program to edit digital images. Today that tool is used by designers, artists, photographers, even medical professionals and engineers and many others, to create things no one could have dreamed of then. It has become a fundamental tool to enable creative people across the planet to make the world the incredibly visual place we now know.

One of our largest and most important customer groups is designers. You use the tool to create ad campaigns, web pages, apps, graphic images, product prototypes, packaging, interactive games, movie sets, iconography, typography, lithography… and so much more.

That is why we focused this version of Photoshop on delivering significant improvements to your design work from Artboards to Layer Style improvements to a Glyph panel and even an early preview of a completely new workspace customized for web, UI and app design workflows called Design Space (Preview).

These are features you specifically asked for that we have honed through hundreds of conversations with designers of all types to learn how you want Photoshop to work for you. Over the last two years, we even embedded a team member at a variety of design agencies for weeks at a time, to help us deeply understand and deliver on your top needs.

Designers, watch these videos from Paul Trani to see just some of what you’ll find in the newest update to Photoshop CC:

Artboards

Now you can create multiple design surfaces and states within a single document in Photoshop. Using Artboards, you can:

• Make each artboard a different size
  • Easily lay out your artboards in a single document
  • See all of your artboards in a single view so you get a bird’s-eye view of your designs at once
  • Easily copy and share content between artboards
  • Quickly export each artboard or all of your artboards

To learn more about Artboards in Photoshop, check out this video: Design with artboards.

Artboards

Linked Assets in Creative Cloud Libraries

Assets in Creative Cloud Libraries can now be linked so that when a change is made to a graphic or layer, it can update any document that uses that asset. You and your team members can update it across any Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign projects where it’s used.

Creative Cloud Libraries is a feature powered by Adobe CreativeSync, which ensures that your Photoshop files, fonts, design assets, settings, and more all instantly appear in your workflow wherever you need them. It also lets you start your creative work in one of our Creative Cloud mobile apps, and seamlessly pick it up and finish it in Photoshop on your desktop.

To learn more about Linked Assets in Creative Cloud Libraries, check out this tutorial: Creative Cloud Libraries in Photoshop.

Introducing Adobe Stock

We have also now integrated Adobe Stock into Linked Assets and Creative Cloud Libraries. Place an Adobe Stock watermarked FPO image into your Photoshop document to see how it looks before you purchase it. When you’re ready to buy, you can purchase the image from within Photoshop and like magic (that’s what it looks like to me, anyway), the watermark is automatically removed and the file is updated to a high-resolution version that replaces the FPO image in your document.

To learn more about Adobe Stock, check out this tutorial: Use Adobe Stock with Creative Cloud Libraries.

Adobe Stock

Device Preview

Get precise and in-context previews of your mobile app and mobile web designs from Photoshop on an actual iOS device using Adobe Preview CC. This native iOS app helps you make sure your designs look good on iOS devices. The connection between Photoshop and Preview is super easy to set up, either through USB or our automatic wireless connection when on the same WiFi network.

To learn more about device previews in Photoshop, check out this video: Preview mobile app and website designs.

Device Preview

New Asset Export

Quickly and easily export your images and designs to PNG, JPEG and even SVG thanks to a completely redesigned, intuitive, and streamlined exporting experience that gives you:

• Improved image export options
  • A new updated and enhanced ability to extract your assets
  • One-click “Quick Export”

To learn more about new export options in Photoshop, check out this tutorial: New export options for design.

AssetExport

Multiple Instances of Layer Styles

Now you can easily add multiple instances of a variety of layer styles including drop shadows, strokes, gradient overlays and many others to a layer or layer group. Gone are the days of rasterizing effects or stacking in different layer groups. Now it’s quick and easy to get the look you want.

Layer Styles

Glyph Panel

Introducing a Glyph panel in Photoshop CC. This new panel allows you to:

• Browse through all of the available glyphs in a font
  • View alternatives for the currently selected glyphs
  • Access previously inaccessible glyphs

Glyphs

Design Space (Preview)

Design Space is an early introduction of a new environment within Photoshop created to address the workflows of today’s web, UI and app designers. This new experience is built completely using HTML5/CSS/JS, which means it’s not only a new sleek interface but also has tuned interactions and will have new features targeted for all your design workflows in Photoshop. Your entire Photoshop Design Space experience is optimized for common web, UI and app design tasks—minimizing clicks, mouse travel, panels, dialogs and clutter. You can work on your projects in Design Space and easily jump back into standard Photoshop CC for advanced image editing while your Design Space files and state remain intact.

Design Space as a Technology Preview

With the creation of Design Space, we are doing something fundamentally different for our designer customers. For the first time ever, Photoshop is releasing a feature at the beginning of the development process, long before it is finished and shipping it as a Technology Preview. This means it is not complete. It has workflows that need more work and introduces changes to Photoshop that may tax your muscle memory. We are doing this because we want your input from the beginning, to hone it specifically for you.

As a Technology Preview, customers need to “turn it on” to use it. If you’re ready to give it a whirl, go here www.adobe.com/go/designspace-help for instructions to “turn on” Design Space as a Technology Preview in your copy of Photoshop CC. Please note that Design Space is only offered in English at this time and is not available in all countries.

We are very excited to invite you into the process to create this new workspace and have a number of different ways for you to communicate feedback, ask questions, get answers and receive regular updates from the team. Here’s how you can reach us:

To learn more about Design Space, watch the video below:

Adobe Camera Raw ships Dehaze, Merge to HDR and Panorama

We know that a large portion of our customers also rely heavily on Adobe Camera Raw to perfect images non-destructively. Versions 9.0 (shipped in April) and version 9.1 (available today) includes major updates to Adobe Camera Raw.

Introducing Dehaze: Many outdoor scenes have some amount of haze due to atmospheric conditions. Dehaze is a feature for removing haze/fog from pictures. It is based on a physical model that tries to estimate the amount of light transmission and how it varies across the picture. The user can then control how much haze to remove by adjusting a slider. This feature can also be used in the other direction to increase the amount of haze.

Dehaze

Now you can combine your photos to produce panoramas and HDR images non-destructively in Adobe Camera Raw. The merged result is a DNG file and is saved to disk alongside the input images. Because of this, you no longer need to edit your photos before merging.

Also included in this release are:

• Performance tuning that gives you a real-time Healing Brush, which means you can now see results on-the-fly when using the Healing Brush, and spectacular Patch Tool and Spot-Healing Brush results that are up to 120X faster than Photoshop CS6.
  • Automatic Content-Aware Fill on panoramic images
  • The ability to add noise to your Blur Gallery effects to get more realistic blurs
  • The capability to adjust the scale and rotation of the object you’re moving or area you’re extending thanks to improvements to Content-Aware Move and Content-Aware Extend

There are also lots of other optimizations and improvements, including updates to 3D and 3D printing features. For more information, visit the Photoshop page on Adobe.com here.

Get started now.

For complete details, see this Photoshop CC (2015) FAQ.

As a member of the Photoshop team for over ten years across numerous versions of the product, I am proud to say this release truly stands apart in its comprehensive delivery of new and improved capabilities for our designer customers.

I can’t wait to hear what you like best!

Enjoy!

Pam Clark

Director of Product Management, Photoshop

Photoshop, Product News

Join the discussion

• By Rick Messer - 10:12 AM on June 16, 2015   Reply

Great release! A lot to sift through! I did a medium article on my favorite features! https://medium.com/@rickmesser/photoshop-cc-2015-best-new-features-1940d9fbb0ea

• By moh - 12:55 PM on September 3, 2015   Reply

Loved the new release!

• By Photo Editor - 11:13 PM on September 8, 2015   Reply

Missing the very helpful tool 😉 “Save for Web ” I don’t know it was removed.

Best 32 Professional Photoshop Tutorials

• By j - 7:36 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

cmd/alt/shift/s

• By Glenn Wallace - 10:16 AM on June 16, 2015   Reply

The Lasso tool is not functioning. The image disappears at the starting point of using any Lasso tool. HELP!

• By David Absalan - 10:53 AM on June 16, 2015   Reply

I really like it, that is great feature you have added to photoshop. For my job Design Space is what I wanted always to have inside photoshop. You have done great. Thanks for your awesome works.

• By Mike - 12:42 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

Always glad to see progress. But after installing this version of photoshop cc 2015 it no longer appears to access or use the 32gigs of memory in my machine. Under activity monitor and memory I could see how much app memory was being used. I averaged 24gb of app memory now I max out at 5gb.

• By Mike - 12:49 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

Thats probably it. How do I make sure I’m running the 64bit version?

• By Mike - 1:22 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

It appears I am running the 64bit version. Do you want me to post the system information in this blog or should I send it else ware?

• By Carlos De Armas - 8:44 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

What happened to the Oil Paint Filter?

• By Alan Macaulay - 9:03 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

Photoshop crashes as 43% with the following error refusing to install.

I need it installed asap.

Exit Code: 21
    Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW021 …

————————————– Summary ————————————–

– 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s)

ERROR: DW021: Payload {3FB7A108-368A-4849-A3F3-69571BAAC457} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Support 16.0.0.0 of version: 9.0.0.7 is not supported by this version: 9.0.0.6 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Payload {793C2BF7-A4FE-4608-91C9-9282C5801C21} Photoshop Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Core 16.0.0.0 of version: 9.0.0.7 is not supported by this version: 9.0.0.6 of RIBS

ERROR: DW021: Unsupported payload versions included

• By Aaron Shepard - 10:29 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

The DeHaze function is fantastic. But what’s with releasing an export feature that removes color profiles?!! It should have a big skull-and-crossbones next to it on the menu.

I hope you’re not intending to replace Save for Web with this new Export. It’s a whole lot less functional. For instance, I rely on the comparisons feature of Save for Web to gauge the proper amount of compression to apply to JPEGs.

• By Garry - 10:33 PM on June 16, 2015   Reply

This latest version seems to have lost the ability to handle HiRes monitors.

Or am I missing something?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 6:39 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

For all aspects of the Photoshop UI? Or just Camera Raw?

Otherwise, the preference has move to the Preferences> User Interface tab in CC 2015.

• By paul - 4:37 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

Getting some serious scrolling lag using he track wheel of my mac mouse :/

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 6:38 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

Which window are you scrolling? A panel or document window? If the document window, are rulers visible? If you disable rulers does it scroll normally?

• By paul - 7:55 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

Hi, document window. The scroll lag is solved when rulers are hidden. Does this mean I have to hide them all the time?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 8:49 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

No. But that’s the workaround. There’s a general performance problem with rulers visible that the team is working on.

• By Michael - 8:16 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

Is there any way to export layer comps for a single artboard? What if I want to design several pages for a desktop design on a single artboard using layer comps, but also have an artboard for a mobile design that also includes several pages?

Currently I seem to only be able to export the whole canvas area as a layer comp instead of being able to target an artboard. Also it would be nice if each artboard could have its own layer comps that do not affect the other artboards.

• By Deadzombie - 4:31 PM on June 20, 2015   Reply

I figured this out. go to the ‘export as’ dialog box.

• By textchef - 9:07 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

It’s a shame that you won’t drop the silly subscription based system. I’m still using CS6 and will not pay 719 EUR per year.

• By saltydogwong - 9:22 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

I use Photoshop on a Yoga 1 and like using the pen for editing / sketching. This new update seems to have messed up the touch controls. I can zoom in and out OK, but as soon as I try to pan the image disappears off to the right of the screen. Has anyone else seen something like this?
    Thx

• By Robert - 10:23 AM on June 17, 2015   Reply

I am using trial Photoshop CC. This version is use very smooth and fast.I am very pleased to use Photoshop CC. Now i want upgrade my trial version but how to upgrade my trial version please help me?

• By Kane - 2:25 PM on June 17, 2015   Reply

Integration of Adobe Stock into linked assets is a neat feature, would be a time saver.

• By Whit Gurley - 3:13 PM on June 17, 2015   Reply

Anybody else missing their custom Workspaces? I’ve synced settings, and I can even see it loading my workspaces, but they never appear in the menu.

• By Jeff C - 3:42 PM on June 25, 2015   Reply

Yes, I’m having this issue. Did you resolve it?

• By Ryan - 6:30 PM on June 25, 2015   Reply

I’ve lost my custom workspaces as well. There are several other issues that they still haven’t corrected from the original move to CC, though I’ve received actual documented responses saying that they would be fixed. Not impressed.

• By Patrick Pedersen - 2:22 AM on June 18, 2015   Reply

Hi!
    An important question for me; I’m borrowing a iMac with os 10.8.(5 -I think), I only got a administrator account and don’t know the owners password, is it possible for me to upgrade to Yosemite without backing up the owners work/pictures, should I back up everything, not only my account? Time machine is installed. But I don’t want to lose the owners pictures, then I’ll be headless..
    I’m new to Mac so that’s why I have to ask.
    Also I’ve seen that people aren’t happy with Yosemite, should I really dare to upgrade?
    I’m a photographer and is it really useful for me to upgrade?

Please please help me! 🙂

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

• By Seth - 8:31 AM on June 18, 2015   Reply

Is there any documentation on how to optimize photoshop for a lot of art boards with a lot of layers? Also, where do we report bugs?

• By Laura - 11:54 AM on June 18, 2015   Reply

Dissapointed with the artboards feature. It seems they only geared it for people working with multiple web/app layouts rather than anyone who might be interested… You cannot save for the web with animated gifs that I have found so far. I create multiple sized web ads for clients and many are animated. Rather than putting them all in one file and slicing them up (major pain and not very easy to alter) or using separate documents (annoying to open multiple documents with all the same content) I had hoped artboards would have solved our issues, but you can’t create animated gifs using the save for web window. BIG FAIL.

Also wondering why they hid the save for web window and labelled it (legacy). Does that mean they are going to phase that out? How will we be able to control the settings needed to output web ads with the options we need? I use save for web option daily and this is somewhat frustrating.

AND – Why did they alter the esc key command for text yet again??? It used to cancel your text box, then the last update fixed it to be like the other adobe apps – when you hit it, it took you out of the text box rather than deleted your changes or canceling the box. But they reverted in this last update to the old way which was always annoying as it’s different from illustrator and indesign. Now I have to get used to using the enter key again. Seriously make up your minds Adobe.

• By Nazmul - 12:08 PM on June 18, 2015   Reply

Very nice post, I am beginner to start my Photoshop design, Its very helpful for me. Thanks

• By Cathrine - 1:55 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

How does the artboards function work with older version of photoshop?! Totally scared to use this (great) new function if it means that people on older versions can’t open the file.

Is there a way to save as a legacy format, but still keep all the functionality and editing possibilities?! Maybe exporting as several .psd’s with all layers intact? 🙂

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 8:58 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

Artboards are simply special layer groups under the hood.

When you open a document with artboards in an older version of Photoshop you will get a warning that the file contains “Unknown data” – essentially the flag that says the groups are ‘art boards.’

Choose “Keep Layers” and the file will open with all the layers and groups (which were formally artboards). You won’t see the mat overlay with artboards bounds but you can still edit the file. Saving the file in an older version and open it CC 2015, the groups will be there, but they won’t be or look like artboards in CC 2015.

• By rony - 5:12 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

Thank you so much for article. I like photoshop cc 2015. I have already downloaded photoshop cc. It is very smooth and fast.

• By Lucila Guerrero - 6:49 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

Bonjour,

J’aime cette nouvelle version Photoshop CC 2015.

Pourtant il y a un erreur. Je crois.

Dans l’option Exportation/Enregistrer pour le web/Metadonnées/Copyright

Le fichier crée n’efface pas les données de l’appareil ni la prise de vue.

L’ancienne version le faisait bien.

Comment je fais maintenant pour partager mes photos sur le web sans partager les données de mon appareil?

Changer de version à chaque fois c’est pas pratique.

Comment procéder pour signaler l’erreur ?

merci de m’aider, c’est important pour moi

• By Lumigraphics - 8:24 AM on June 19, 2015   Reply

I hope you have been following the discussions on your Get Satisfaction and Adobe Forums pages regarding this update.

Especially the impending removal of Save for Web and the installer bugs on Windows.

The program is “PHOTO”shop and you need to remember that its used for photo editing and not primarily as a design tool. As a fulltime professional photographer, I’m disappointed at the cluelessness exhibited by the product team.

Adobe is obviously being run by marketers, when “Share on Behance” and “Search Adobe Stock” are top-level menu items but save/export features are in a sub-menu.

Your new Export feature is currently worthless. Getting content out of the program is one of the most basic functions and should be the most polished feature in the program.

Oh and as a Getty contributor, gotta say- thanks for the competition. Didn’t you learn anything the last time you tried selling stock photos?

Start treating your software as production tools and not marketing vehicles and people will be a lot happier.

• By John B - 5:43 AM on June 20, 2015   Reply

I agree regarding the Save For Web option, I liked it where it was and the fact it is deprecated is a bit disheartening. I liked it was a single click to get to the dialog window to save the file, now it is more involved.
      As far as “Photo”shop mainly for photo editing I disagree, I use it mainly for digital illustration and rarely for photo editing. Not that it can’t be used for both types of applications but to say it is primarily a photo editing software is no longer true. I think it is only a matter of time before Adobe ends up rolling both Illustrator and Photoshop into a single application as each iteration makes either one more like the other.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 3:51 PM on June 20, 2015   Reply

Hi John B, Save For Web is still there and supports all the workflows it always has. It’s not going anywhere unless it’s replaced with something new and improved that supports all the more important workflows that Save for Web now handles.

• By Don - 8:16 PM on June 19, 2015   Reply

Just upgraded to newest version of Photoshop cc.
    Where did the “Save for web” command go that was under FILE?

• By julien - 12:31 AM on June 20, 2015   Reply

Design space using CSS? only very partially: no padding nor margin for elements, no color/tilles or image backgrounds for text blocks. Elements within groups still resize and no way to assign relative position of element within a group. It would be nice to simulate responsive design.

• By biro jasa sim - 3:47 AM on June 20, 2015   Reply

thank your information i very like it photoshop cc 2015 so GOOD 😀

• By John B - 5:37 AM on June 20, 2015   Reply

Mouse scrolling when used to pan is buggy, Windows 7 OS on an ASUS laptop. Will start panning up or down with scroll wheel but it continues to scroll up or down even after I stop using scroll wheel and won’t react to other mouse clicks or key presses while scrolling. I disabled the Flicks option which seemed to help (laptop doesn’t have a touch screen) a little, but still occurs occasionally.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 3:46 PM on June 20, 2015   Reply

If you hide the rulers does it work normally?

• By John B - 8:25 PM on June 20, 2015   Reply

Yes, removing the rulers makes the scrolling much more responsive. However, I didn’t have this issue with CC 2014 and I use rulers by default because I use them.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 8:03 AM on June 22, 2015   Reply

This is a known issue. The team is working on a fix.

• By Aaron - 4:23 AM on June 21, 2015   Reply

I am realy happy this version has a device preview, it is going to be much easier to design for tablets and smartphones. The the new asset export looks quite good aswell, especially SVG is going to be the norm for web design and user interface design projects.

• By Marco - 12:50 PM on June 21, 2015   Reply

I’m running the 32 bit version and the technology preview isn’t working. Is it only available for the 64 bit?

• By Marek - 6:11 AM on June 22, 2015   Reply

After update Photoshop CC 2015 strips files of their labels/ratings after they are saved. Other metadata, including Creator and Copyright is still there. Anyone else has that issue? Tried to reinstall, but it did not fix the problem.

• By Marek - 6:11 AM on June 22, 2015   Reply

Running on Windows 7 (64bit)

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 8:02 AM on June 22, 2015   Reply

What file format are you saving the files as? What method are you using to save the files? (Save for Web, Export as, Save as?)

• By Marek - 10:24 AM on June 22, 2015   Reply

Jeffrey,

I merge all the layers after edit is finished and save as JPEG using either “CTR +S” or “CTR + Shift + S” (“Save” or “Save As”). Settings on the save dialog for JPEG don’t matter.

I did two more tests:

1. If I save a .psd file, the rating/label does not get stripped, even if document is flattened and saved into a .jpg

• By Marek - 11:05 AM on June 22, 2015   Reply

Thank you for taking a look Jeffrey! (By the way)

• By Marek - 7:33 AM on June 24, 2015   Reply

Hi Jeffrey, I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to figure out what an issue might be. If not, is there a way to roll back to CC2014? Thank you!

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 8:36 AM on June 24, 2015   Reply

I can’t seem to reproduce. I start with a multilayered PSD that has a label and star rating applied in Bridge CC. I open the PSD in Photoshop, merge all the layer, and do Save As… and save it as a ,jpg file. The resulting JPEG has the same label and star rating visible when viewed in Bridge CC. Let me know if your steps match mine.

• By Marek - 8:35 AM on June 30, 2015

Jeffrey,

Here is my process:

1. Rating is applied to a jpeg image.
            2. Image is opened in Photoshop CC2015.
            3. Adjustment is made in Photoshop and document is flattened.
            4. Document is saved with “Ctr+S” option.
            5. Rating disappears in Bridge (and any other software).

I tried to reinstall (including removing preferences) and that didn’t help.

Thank you again for taking a look at it.

• By Jeff Schaefer - 5:32 AM on June 26, 2015   Reply

I have the same issue. When I save files from PS the start rating and color labels are removed. But, they are not removed when I do Photoshop > Image Processor in Bridge. I’m on Win 7.

• By Jeff Schaefer - 8:24 AM on June 26, 2015   Reply

I take that back. Using Photoshop through Image Processor does remove the ratings and labels.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:14 PM on June 27, 2015   Reply

What OS are you on? What save path are you using? Save As? Save for Web? What file format are you starting with and what format are you saving to?

• By Nicole - 2:55 PM on July 2, 2015   Reply

I’ve got the same problem like Marec en still struggling with it. My whole work flow is nothing worth anymore. I really do think to downgrade CC2015.

• By Nicole - 2:57 PM on July 2, 2015   Reply

I’ve got the same problem like Marek en still struggling with it. My whole work flow is nothing worth anymore. I really do think to downgrade CC2015.

Does someone find the solution for this problem??

• By Marek - 9:09 AM on July 6, 2015

I still wasn’t able to find a solution. :/ Can you answer Jeffrey’s questions about OS and when the problem presents itself on your end? Hopefully he will be able to find a pattern and figure out what the issue is.

• By Nikhil - 9:54 AM on June 23, 2015   Reply

Thanks for adding each and every details of newly released Photoshop CC.. 🙂

• By Adam - 8:39 PM on June 23, 2015   Reply

How do I roll back to 2014? The new 2015 release has been a disaster for me. Constant crashing with GPU accel on (literally every time I zoom in/out with the mousewheel after using the line tool), tons of graphical glitches with GPU accel off (and still some crashes), randomly failing to save files (I save them but they don’t show up on disk), or saving corrupt files (twice as big as expected and won’t open in other apps)…

I didn’t have any of these problems at all with 2014, and I really want to go back to it…

• By Caner - 7:12 PM on June 25, 2015   Reply

Thank you for the nice article. This Photoshop version is really good, I just can recommend it 🙂

• By Lyra Beaumier - 8:54 AM on June 27, 2015   Reply

The design space looks so beautiful—can’t wait to use it!

• By DENISE - 6:56 PM on June 27, 2015   Reply

I have Photoshop Elements 9 & premiere 9. my computer crashed last week. Had to get everything reinstalled. I know this is not a good program any longer, BUT all my photos are gone that were in Photoshop. I try and sign on and get ERROR 400. any ideas???

• By Alex - 12:56 AM on June 30, 2015   Reply

Hi Adobe,
    There seems to be a real ‘marmite’ effect with the way the healing brush now works, and a lot of people are now asking for it to be reverted back the the traditional healing process.

I personally find it interesting the way it works!

Is the any chance we could have a ‘tick box’ at the top of the menu bar and call it ‘active healing’ which would allow the user to switch it on and off depending on their preference?

Thanks,
    Al

• By Nazmul - 1:51 PM on June 30, 2015   Reply

Wow. What a great feature is coming. I am really excited. Thanks photoshop for nice update. I am being mad……

• By Rosie - 2:11 PM on June 30, 2015   Reply

what are we supposed to do now that the oil paint filter is gone? I hadn’t used it in a while and downloaded CC 2015 and now it is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• By Phil Brown - 11:42 AM on July 1, 2015   Reply

CC 2015 has some really nice enhancements.

Issue I am having is the brush FLOW control.

1% looks like about 15%-20% – all other flow settings 10% – 100% all look like 100%.
    This kills photoshop for me where flow is one of the most important aspects of brushes.

Same if I use a mouse on the pc or my Wacom Intuos 4 so it’s nothing to do with the Wacom board or pen (tried 2 different pens).

Using Win 7 64 bit pc, 128GB Ram.

Would appreciate any advice you can offer, thanks.

Phil

• By Matthew - 5:43 PM on July 1, 2015   Reply

I really love the new 2015 update, but it seems to have some bugs. At least I experience the following:
    1. Sometimes I try to save a document, and I get an error that it’s not possible to save as .PDF for example, or experience problems when trying to export to .PNG. In most instances this happens when trying to save to Dropbox or any other cloud storage, except Creative Cloud Storage. I then need to close Photoshop completely and restart it.
    2. When trying to export artboards to .PDF, I get the following “Error: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.”

Haven’t really had problems so far running Photoshop or any other programs concerning crashes, but the bugs at some times can be quite annoying. Not complaining though, the updates are great!

• By ngmi horam - 10:10 PM on July 3, 2015   Reply

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 series laptop with Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000; Intel (R) core i3-2348M; 64 bit W8 and photoshop cc2015 installed. The Problem:- I can’t see the 3D panel in the menu bar even after re-installing photoshop ’15. Why is it so? and how do i enable the 3D to work/show in the menu.

• By Bobs Graphics - 12:02 PM on July 5, 2015   Reply

I am running Windows 7 and have been using Photoshop CS4 for several years. I have a Nikon D810 and I shoot in RAW (NEF). CS4 does not support the Camera Raw version that I need to process my photos, so I decided to try the trial versions of Photoshop and Lightroom CC 2015. Neither of these trial programs are recognizing my D810 NEF files. Should the trial version work with my files or do I have to buy the program to get them to work?

• By Bobs Graphics - 12:07 PM on July 5, 2015   Reply

Missed the letter p in my website address in my first post.

• By Tyran - 1:50 AM on July 7, 2015   Reply

Photoshop 2015 is as buggy as F#$%!!!!
    Text sizes fk out, layers jump to the top of folder when duplicating, everything beachballs… issues issues issues!

Downgraded back to 2014 & now my machine just lags. USELESS!
    Up your game Adobe, c’mon!

• By Graeme - 5:09 AM on July 8, 2015   Reply

When will the Photoshop CC 2015 JavaScript PDF documentation be released (Reference and Guide)? The Illustrator documentation is already out.

• By Mike - 8:14 AM on July 9, 2015   Reply

Awesome new features, I’m very pleased.

• By J'nel - 8:05 PM on July 11, 2015   Reply

I recently updated PS CC 2014 to PS CC 2015, and am now having issues with accurate colors when I import those Jpgs to Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 on my MacPro (using Mavricks 10.9.5). I imported the video and most of the images prior to the update, and all those look great, but all the new images that I added after the PS CC 2015 download look terrible – washed out and overly green.

I reworked each image in PS 6 thinking that might solve the problem, but it didn’t. PS 6 was also updated at about the same time.

The images look fine except in FCP.

I’m in the middle of editing a wedding video and I have another to do as soon as I’m done. So, I’m starting to panic. Can anyone help?

• By J'nel - 7:25 PM on July 12, 2015   Reply

Well, Lighroom saved the day. I had to Import and Export each image into and out of LR and then re-import into FCP, but it worked. I am still hoping that PS CC 2015 can be fixed so I don’t have to add the extra steps.

• By Bruce - 4:31 PM on July 13, 2015   Reply

After upgrading from CC 2014 PS to CC 2015.2 I’m having huge performance issues. I will be working and my cursor will change to the spinning balls and I can’t see clearly to work. Is it trying to auto save in the background or something?
    It’s moving majorly slow and I have tried to make changes to preferences with no success.
    This recent update to 2015.1 came immediately after the initial release. Apparently Adobe is having many issues with it. Have they changed the internal workings a great deal on this latest release or what? This is extremely irritating because it is severely slowing my production time down which COSTS MONETY!

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:18 AM on July 29, 2015   Reply

Are your rulers showing? If you hide them, does it work correctly?

• By Shayari - 8:58 AM on August 1, 2015   Reply

I am truly upbeat this form has a gadget sneak peak, it will be much less demanding to outline for tablets and cell phones. The new resource fare looks great also, particularly SVG will be the standard for web outline and client interface configuration ventures.

• By Biju - 1:33 AM on August 13, 2015   Reply

Adobe always reads the designers minds. It is one kind of revolutionary changes by Adobe.

• By Felipe - 4:05 PM on August 24, 2015   Reply

I am very, very disappointed with Adobe Photoshop updates.

It scrapped my older versions, and many of the plugins, shortcuts . . .

What are you guys thinking of?

I am wasting my time installing everything, again!!!????

Such a shame, ADOBE.

Best wishes,

Ferugon

• By andy - 11:22 AM on September 2, 2015   Reply

i don’t like the new photoshop. can’t rasterize layers in the layer palette now. making selections from paths is the inverse selection of things now. please go back adobe. you are creating nightmares left and right. illustrator has weird artifacts when zoomed out – can’t tell if you boxes have outlines or not, the rounded rectangle handles get in the way of using rectangles as rules which is super common. cursor keeps shaking near text. adobe you really have no idea how people actually use your software. please stop making changes that are stupid.

• By Photo Editor - 11:10 PM on September 8, 2015   Reply

Save for web images is removed 😉 I really like to get back to the previous version.

Best 32 Professional Photoshop Tutorials

• By baju princess anak - 5:03 AM on May 12, 2016   Reply

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article.

• By Zero Degree - 5:06 AM on September 18, 2015   Reply

Great, All new features are very useful. Thanks for your awesome article. Its very informative and more helpful.

• By Tyler - 11:57 AM on September 21, 2015   Reply

1. Loving the art boards, but everything is lagging a lot now. I only have 6 art boards going for a pretty simple interface design but i keep getting loading circles at every other turn. Its killing my productivity. Any advice?

2. Every time I do anything to a layer, that the layers panel UI bounces to that layer is the at the top of the window. This is very very annoying as it eliminates the ability to quickly select different layers while i work. Is this a bug? I can’t imagine it’s helpful to anyone.

• By Josh Kostreva - 3:05 PM on January 23, 2016   Reply

Depending on the power of your computer you should be able to go under preferences and then Performance and change the amount of available memory usage allocated to Photoshop. If you can increase the amount of memory this should substantially increase your performance.

Josh

• By John J - 9:00 AM on September 28, 2015   Reply

When i saw that sub-standard loader image my heart sank! Who approved it? too much lag now. How this version is an improvement? Mismanagement.

• By Jonson - 11:40 AM on November 30, 2015   Reply

I tried to install this initial run and after that installation failed. Please help me how to install Adobe CC features.

• By j - 7:39 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

This release in very buggy! Smart objects have issues. since when does an AI file need to be saved in order to copy and paste smart objects into PS?

• By Doug Abbott - 6:55 PM on December 6, 2015   Reply

This new adobe photoshop is junk, all the tools won’t remember settings, I can’t lock the iconic panels on the rights side of desktop, I un-check the box in preferences so I don’t get that awful Start menu (it’s a piece of crap), but when I reboot it’s back again. None of my filters that I’ve spend a lot of money on work, etc. They won’t let you go back to the June release of 2015, which was excellent. I repeat don’t download it, it’s pure junk. I called customer service and the answer was too bad, we’ve changed things and you can’t reverse back to the earlier release.I’ve bought and owned every version of Photoshop over the years, but that’s it for me, I will be using ON1 Photo Suite from hear on. No more money will be spent on Photoshop.

• By Josh Kostreva - 3:03 PM on January 23, 2016   Reply

You can save settings for each tool in the top left hand corner as a preset. The start menu thing is likely a bug Adobe will need to fix when they come out with there next release.

Josh

• By تجربتي - 9:09 AM on January 27, 2016   Reply

thanks for the helpful tip!

• By new movies - 8:24 PM on April 24, 2016   Reply

Really i appreciate for your nice tips. Thanks a lot

• By karzann - 7:35 AM on December 19, 2015   Reply

kkk

• By Rob Bertke - 12:55 PM on January 14, 2016   Reply

How do i go back to the last version of Photoshop?
    This new version is AWFUL!

I need to be able to drag elements off of the canvas and still see them.
    I have indesign and Illustrator for page layout.

Someone really screwed up

• By Josh Kostreva - 3:00 PM on January 23, 2016   Reply

Unless you have it saved in your applications you are pretty much stuck with the latest version of CC. But Adobe was nice enough to not uninstall the last version when they update CC automatically. So unless you deleted it from your applications you should still have the last version.

Josh

• By Sarah - 12:23 PM on January 19, 2016   Reply

Since we have gotten the Adobe Suite package, my Photoshop 2015 tools reset to default every time I close every document in Photoshop. I switch between tools by using my keys and when it is always resetting back to default, it is frustrating and slows down my work pace.

• By Karenn - 2:12 AM on January 30, 2016   Reply

I agree. This version is THE WORST. I can’t tell you how many times I have set up the stupid tools menu to have the tools positioned/nested where they should have been in the first place, but every time I close out of Photoshop, the tools goes back to default. The default option is NOT on in preferences; I checked and quadruple-checked. It resets my marquee fixed ratio every time I close the program.

I can’t view large versions of the fonts. I have a high res monitor, so the fonts display on the menu so small I can barely see the preview to determine which font I want. I have to rely upon font name.

The edit menu now displays so long that it spills off the bottom of the screen. I have to rotate my screen to portrait in order to see all the menu selections.

I am THISCLOSE to canceling my Adobe subscription and going with a less robust application. At this point I think even MS-Paint would be less frustrating to deal with.

• By nu gratis seks - 11:02 PM on March 4, 2016   Reply

Wil jij ook wel genieten van gratis sex afspraakjes? Maak dan je account en profiteer van gratis sex in jouw provincie!

• By Zaira - 5:58 PM on March 8, 2016   Reply

• By Noyon - 11:30 AM on March 15, 2016   Reply

Adobe always working with it’s user and think about its user. It make awesome PC software . I always use it’s app like photo shop, flash player. So great. Thank adobe corporation for such wonderful work

• By home garden - 2:08 AM on March 18, 2016   Reply

wooww… thx for informartion Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.

• By civil engineering - 4:17 AM on May 2, 2016   Reply

You are most welcome. You should use latest version adobe photoshop

• By jasa lukis dinding - 2:36 PM on March 24, 2016   Reply

wow remarkable indeed adobe, provide a variety of convenience for me as his special painter now mural is growing in Indonesia. Thx Adobe For U

• By hoi quan tieu lam mua 2 tap 8 - 11:25 PM on April 9, 2016   Reply

Mời khán giả đón xem Hội quán tiếu lâm mùa 2 tập 8 vào lúc 21h chủ nhật ngày 10/04/2016 và cập nhật nhanh nhất tại kênh video ovuinhi.com (Tại đây).

• By 5s online tập 600 - 8:13 AM on April 20, 2016   Reply

Đón xem 5s online tập 600 giá của thảo mai vào lúc 21h ngày 20/04/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By mural - 12:33 PM on May 5, 2016   Reply

I am pleased to be able to read what you have to say. Greetings and success always for me and you.
    Do not forget to see also or follow me

• By Mr . Jack - 4:49 AM on May 8, 2016   Reply

Great article and very interesting . it’s also helpful .

• By iMural - 3:17 PM on May 9, 2016   Reply

what exactly is the mural?
    find answer here

• By Hasan - 11:14 PM on May 15, 2016   Reply

Really awesome article. Can you give a Haze removing vedio tutorial link?

• By Odelia Mcquain - 1:06 PM on June 1, 2016   Reply

You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart. “Every man serves a useful purpose A miser, for example, makes a wonderful ancestor.” by Laurence J. Peter.

• By Aaron J. Cunningham - 11:37 AM on June 9, 2016   Reply

I’m excited to see how this changes my workflow. 🙂

• By Mural Ccafe - 8:47 PM on July 11, 2016   Reply

nice for info and it’s since 2016 work adobe photoshop?. Thx fr u ^_^

• By Ward Lucis - 4:37 AM on July 28, 2016   Reply

Enjoyed examining this, very good stuff, regards . “The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.” by Archilocus.

• By Israel Faurot - 4:46 AM on July 28, 2016   Reply

Some genuinely fantastic posts on this website, thank you for contribution. “Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling.” by Walt Whitman.

• By Sunni Schnetter - 6:20 PM on July 28, 2016   Reply

F*ckin’ awesome issues here. I’m very happy to look your post. Thanks a lot and i’m having a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

• By it disposal service southampton - 7:27 PM on July 29, 2016   Reply

Good blog post. Some tips i would like to contribute is that laptop or computer memory must be purchased should your computer is unable to cope with everything you do by using it. One can mount two RAM memory boards of 1GB each, for example, but not one of 1GB and one having 2GB. One should always check the maker’s documentation for one’s PC to make sure what type of storage is necessary.

• By it asset recycling birmingham - 7:28 PM on July 29, 2016   Reply

One thing I’d really like to say is the fact that before buying more laptop memory, have a look at the machine into which it is installed. When the machine can be running Windows XP, for instance, the memory threshold is 3.25GB. Putting in a lot more than this would basically constitute a new waste. Make certain that one’s mother board can handle your upgrade volume, as well. Great blog post.

• By free it recycling portsmouth - 7:30 PM on July 29, 2016   Reply

Thanks for the guidelines you have discussed here. One more thing I would like to express is that computer system memory needs generally rise along with other advancements in the technological know-how. For instance, when new generations of processor chips are made in the market, there’s usually a related increase in the dimensions preferences of all personal computer memory as well as hard drive room. This is because the software operated by these processors will inevitably increase in power to use the new technological innovation.

• By computer recycling southampton - 7:32 PM on July 29, 2016   Reply

Interesting blog post. The things i would like to bring about is that computer memory must be purchased when your computer cannot cope with whatever you do along with it. One can deploy two good old ram boards containing 1GB each, by way of example, but not certainly one of 1GB and one of 2GB. One should make sure the maker’s documentation for own PC to ensure what type of storage is required.

• By recycle laptop newbury - 7:34 PM on July 29, 2016   Reply

Thanks for the guidelines you have provided here. Something important I would like to state is that laptop or computer memory requirements generally rise along with other advances in the engineering. For instance, as soon as new generations of processor chips are brought to the market, there is usually a related increase in the scale demands of both the laptop memory plus hard drive room. This is because the software program operated simply by these processor chips will inevitably surge in power to benefit from the new technologies.

• By Jasa Mural - 5:27 AM on August 3, 2016   Reply

Do not forget to see also or follow me jasamural.com or my web other http://www.lukisandindingmural.com

• By small house design - 5:44 PM on August 15, 2016   Reply

Useful information. Fortunate me I discovered your web site by accident, and I am surprised why this twist of fate didn’t took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

• By Xavier - 2:04 PM on August 21, 2016   Reply

if possible overlay pictures with Photoshop?

• By KLG - 4:45 PM on August 21, 2016   Reply

Do not forget to see also or follow me muralcafe.com

• By Low Calorie Foods - 6:52 PM on August 22, 2016   Reply

I wish to express my admiration for your kindness in support of visitors who really want assistance with this one field. Your real commitment to passing the solution all-around came to be quite invaluable and has permitted others just like me to attain their dreams. Your insightful publication implies a great deal to me and substantially more to my fellow workers. Thank you; from everyone of us.

Join the discussion