Photoshop Blog

September 24, 2015 /Photoshop Elements /Product News /

Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Premiere Elements 14

If you’re like most people, there’s a lot going on in your life. In addition to work and other day-to-day activities, you’re busy with back-to-school events, weekend outings, sports, hobbies, holidays and gatherings with friends and family. And since you always have your smartphone or tablet with you, you’re probably taking more photos and videos than ever before.

It’s great that you can easily capture these moments, but since you’re living the moments, too, you don’t want to have to worry about things like lighting, composition and trying to get the perfect shot or video. That’s why the Elements team is excited to announce the release of Photoshop Elements 14 & Premiere Elements 14. We built this version with the goal of helping you stay in the moment, enjoy your memories and make the most of your precious time. Elements 14 software uses content intelligence, automated features and a friendly interface to help you effortlessly turn your quick snapshots and video clips into amazing photos and movies.

We’ve created some great new features and we’ve enhanced existing ones to make them better and easier to use. Here’s a quick look:

What’s new in the Elements Organizer

Find and organize with ease: We’ve revamped the Elements Organizer so you can more quickly find the photos and videos you need. The enhanced People view does an even better job recognizing the faces in your photos, and it stacks them by person during import so it’s easy to find photos of specific people later.

The enhanced Places view makes it easier to assign locations to your photos and videos, and view them right on a map based on where you took them. And in the Events view, your media is clustered by date range making it easy to apply an Events tag to that cluster.

What’s new in Photoshop Elements 14

Bye-bye, camera shake: We call Shake Reduction “your selfies’ best friend,” but it’s great for any photo shot with a handheld camera. Just click to remove the camera shake blurs that come from unsteady hands.

Never a hazy day: Ever notice that, when you take a photo of an outdoor landscape, moisture in the air can cause the background to look hazy? Now you can use Haze Remover to make the background as crisp as what’s up front. De-haze in one click, or use sliders for more control.

Speed Guided Edit for action shots: Whether your photo captures a ball in flight, a bike zipping by, or some other cool moment, now you can get step-by-step help amping up the action by adding cool motion blurs.

Resize in seconds with a new Guided Edit: Want your photo to fit a certain picture frame or spot on a website? With step-by-step help, resizing has never been easier.

Select hair in a snap: It used to be a real chore to select hair, pet fur and other fine details in photos. Now you can just paint loosely over the area you want to select, and Elements detects the edges and does the rest with the Fine Detail Selection option.

Get custom looks to fit any photo: Want to give a photo some extra style, but not sure which effect will look best? Elements analyzes the subject, color and lighting and Smart Looks gives you five effects that fit perfectly.

Quick edits made easier: Quick Edit mode is now even friendlier and easier to use, letting you rotate photos and make quick fixes faster than before.

What’s new in Premiere Elements 14

Tell dazzling stories with motion titles: When you’ve made a great movie, why not start it off right? Grab attention with new, professional-looking motion titles. Premiere Elements makes it easy to animate text and graphics using built-in presets.

Color Pop Guided Edit for instant wow: Color Pop for photos was a big hit last year, so we added a Guided Edit for Premiere Elements this year. Create some visual drama by popping one or more colors in a scene and pushing everything else to black-and-white. You can fine-tune for hue, saturation and luminance, too. Elements walks you through it step by step.

Play with time using Guided Edits: Get step-by-step help creating slow-motion effects that add emphasis, suspense or drama. Or, get guidance with adding fast-motion effects that speed up your story and create energy, excitement or fun.

Go beyond HD with 4K: If you’ve got a 4K Ultra HD video camera and/or TV, you know what all the fuss is about. Now you can use Premiere Elements to edit and view 4K movies for the ultimate cinematic experience.*

Sound your best: Audio sets your movie’s mood, and now it’s easier than ever to fine-tune your sound. We’ve brought all of the audio features together in one place so they’re easy to find, and a new toggle screen lets you focus on just audio or video parts of a clip as needed.

Easily export optimized movies in multiple formats: Now when you’re ready to export your movie, Premiere Elements recommends settings for you. That way you get a movie that looks great on whatever device or screen you choose, from iPads, iPods and other smartphones to big-screen 4K and HD TVs.*

Follow us on PSE Facebook, PRE FacebookTwitter  and Pinterest and for more updates and information, and catch videos about the new features on our YouTube channel.

We want to hear from you! Get Photoshop Elements 14 or Premiere Elements 14 today and head over to our Facebook page to tell us about your favorite features.

* This product may integrate with or allow access to certain Adobe or third-party hosted online services (“Online Services”). Online Services are available only to users 13 and older and require agreement to additional terms of use and the Adobe Privacy Policy (seewww.adobe.com/go/terms). Online Services are not available in all countries or languages, may require user registration and may be discontinued or modified in whole or in part without notice. Additional fees or subscription charges may apply.

4k supported cameras include GoProHero 4 Black, Sony XperiaZ3V, SONY FDR-AX100 4K HANDYCAM, Panasonic DMC-GH4 (MP4 and MOV), Motorola Moto X (2014) and Xiaomi Mi4.

Photoshop Elements, Product News

Join the discussion

• By Esther Delurgio - 6:24 AM on September 25, 2015   Reply

When can we buy Elements and Premier 14? How much does it cost?

• By Reg Brown - 9:14 AM on September 25, 2015   Reply

I purchased Premier Elements 13 & Photoshop Elements 13 earlier this month, now I now see version 14 available! Is there going to be a fee for upgrading?

Also I want to upgrade my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, are there any known problems with the Adobe product during the upgrade

• By Mark - 10:46 AM on September 25, 2015   Reply

Same here!

• By Dave - 9:22 AM on September 26, 2015   Reply

Full price is what they told me last night

• By Eric - 10:29 AM on September 26, 2015   Reply

Same here, I upgraded to 13 only days ago. I’m FURIOUS!

• By Rzm - 9:50 AM on September 25, 2015   Reply

Has menu font size scaling been fixed for hi res displays?

• By Julie - 8:23 PM on September 27, 2015   Reply

I just bought the 13 series this month, not knowing that a newer product was coming out. I am really upset.

• By kaum - 2:51 AM on September 28, 2015   Reply

I upgraded from Elements 13 to 14 but I am disappointed by the face recognition part. Formerly marked faces are not properly recognized. I have the most problems when two or more faces are in one picture. Only one face is recognized.

• By CMG - 8:08 AM on October 2, 2015   Reply

I missed the free upgrade by 8days. This has happened to me before. It’s infuriating!

• By Ian F - 10:52 AM on October 2, 2015   Reply

I downloaded Photoshop Elements 14 and cannot find the panaromic tool. It was available on Elements 13 so where is it on Elements 14. I did follow the instructions with out luck.

• By Anita - 9:58 AM on October 6, 2015   Reply

Stick with 13, I can’t find panoramic either and the guided mode has changed and I have to keep flipping back to quick or expert mode to move on to the next edit.

• By Larry Cole - 11:03 PM on October 16, 2015   Reply

I sell palm trees and would like to show a home owner or business what a palm tree would look like on their property. To do this I would take a photo of the property and remove the background from where I wish to place the plant and place the palm tree there, seamlessly.

QUESTION: Can Adobe Elements do this?

• By Ellen - 10:11 AM on October 26, 2015   Reply

I have an iMac OSX Yosemite version 10.10.4. Is photoshop elements 14 compatible with this computer? Do I need any extra upgrades or programs to run photoshop elements 14 on this computer?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 2:57 PM on October 28, 2015   Reply

Elements is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

• By Kris Kelley - 5:31 PM on October 26, 2015   Reply

I’ve never used Photoshop before, though I’ve played around with Paint & Picture Manager quite a bit. I’d like to take advantage of a discount at Costco and purchase Elements 14. Where do I start to shorten the learning curve?

• By Doug Vann - 7:58 AM on October 28, 2015   Reply

I have a desktop that stays here and laptop that goes with me on the road. Can it be installed on both computers or do I have to purchase it twice….?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 2:56 PM on October 28, 2015   Reply

You can activate on two of your personal computers.

• By Kathleen Tauer - 12:26 AM on October 29, 2015   Reply

I have (OLD!!!) Elements 6. What would be the best upgrade for me at this time, not wanting a monthly charge like Lightroom or CC? PS– I am a photographer, but didn’t use to edit much. Now I want to get more into it and shoot raw more. My current version won’t open raw files… I downloaded a program but haven’t tried it, seems like a hassle…

• By Bryn - 8:20 PM on October 30, 2015   Reply

Anyone tried with windows 10?

• By Susanne Petersen - 11:11 PM on February 5, 2016   Reply

I put Windows 10 on one laptop. Photoshop works fine on it, but other sites don’t. I’m pretty much computer illiterate, but I find it difficult, and would not do it again. I’m not putting it on the other laptop.

• By Catherine - 9:16 PM on November 7, 2015   Reply

I have upgraded from Photoshop Elements 10 to 14 and am having trouble with the font sizing. is there a fix?

• By Carol - 12:59 PM on November 8, 2015   Reply

I would like to buy Photoshop Elements 14 but is it compatiable with Windows 10??? Please let me know asap thank you.

• By Richard - 12:33 PM on November 9, 2015   Reply

How do I get canon studio pro plugin to work with Photoshop elements 14?

• By Edward - 4:03 PM on May 16, 2016   Reply

I was informed by Cannon they have not upgraded Studio Pro to accept release 14. I wish I had know prior to buying Photoshop Elements 14! I purchased a large Cannon format printer assuming I could use this plug-in. Very disappointed from lack of information. Cannon said they are working on the software, but don’t hold your breath.

• By Francene - 7:32 PM on November 14, 2015   Reply

I purchased the Elements upgrade to 14 two weeks ago, and can’t get it to open the organizer. The support group told me, via skype, to uninstall both the 12 that I had previously used, and the 14; and then reintall 14. Now I have nothing; all the thumbnail photos are gone, and I still can’t get it to work. I’ve reset PREFERENCE so many times, I can’t even count them. Wish I’d never gone this path.

• By Penni Rubin - 1:10 PM on November 16, 2015   Reply

I bought Elements 14 at Costco last week and when I typed in the serial # it said it was not valid for Elements 14 and I cannot figure out how to use it. What do I do?

• By Francene - 2:17 PM on November 16, 2015   Reply

I also noticed that Costco was selling a very discounted edition of Elements 14, so I stopped in to check it out. There were completely sold out, I was told; and to try Costco online. Which also shows out of stock.

• By ovuinhi.com - 5:56 PM on November 20, 2015   Reply

awesome. I enjoyed

• By Lane - 1:44 PM on November 21, 2015   Reply

Downloaded Elements 14 on Windows Samsung S2 tablet. 14gb remain free, but it does not recognize application. The question is posed, but after much research, unable to locate solution.

• By Joan - 6:14 PM on December 8, 2015   Reply

Is Photoshop Elements 14 compatible with Windows 7? Thank you.

• By Jeanne - 4:47 PM on December 9, 2015   Reply

I have adobe photo elements premiere version 12 and have not been able to use it on my new Dell XPS with hi resolution touch screen monitor, because the menu displays in too tiny a font. Should I return this new computer, and get one without a high res screen, or does the latest adobe photo elements premiere version 14 display the menus properly?

• By Joseph - 6:57 PM on December 16, 2015   Reply

Why don’t YOU People except my Email address

Joseph

j-jgelling@midco.net

• By Joseph - 7:03 PM on December 16, 2015   Reply

I would like to Upgrade back to photoshop 10. I have been in the graphic Arts Business over 40 years & this
    stuff you are sell today is plain crap.

Plus you will except my EMail add’s when I try to buy from you

• By Nick Bashford - 10:03 PM on December 26, 2015   Reply

Does Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 14 work with windows 10.

• By Ron - 7:42 PM on December 30, 2015   Reply

I purchased photoshop elements 14 installed it and it worked fine, then I downloaded the camera raw update an now the photo editor will not open. the organizer and premiere work fine is there a fix for this………….

• By Catherine - 1:06 AM on January 11, 2016   Reply

My photoshop elements 14 when I open it says – default catalogue can’t be found. I am not over savy with the computer what do I do.

• By A - 12:39 PM on January 15, 2016   Reply

Is the Adobe premiere and Photoshop elements compatible with Mac os x v10.11?

• By tom labriola - 3:41 PM on January 15, 2016   Reply

I installed adobe photoshop elements 14 with no internet connection, it asked to sign in or register within 7 days, I am not sure where to do this, I did make a account but am not sure if this is what I need to do. I am not very good with computers info

• By Jim - 8:41 AM on January 17, 2016   Reply

I recently bought Adobe Elements 14 from Costco. The “free rotate” option is grayed out. Is free rotate not available in this version of the software?

• By Hugh Odneal - 8:39 PM on January 22, 2016   Reply

How can I use video from my Sony Handycam in Premiere 14?

• By Paul W - 8:10 AM on February 6, 2016   Reply

I have started to use Elements 14, everything worked great until I tried to return the adjusted photo to the organiser.
    It arrives in the organiser next to the original as a grey thumbnail with a ? In the middle.
    I have tried several way round the problem but nothing seems to work
    I have used Elements 12 for 2 years so I have an idea of what should happen,

• By Eino Lilback - 10:43 AM on February 23, 2016   Reply

Is Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 available for trial use vs. full cost purchase?

• By hoi quan tieu lam mua 2 tap 1 - 5:20 AM on February 25, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Hội quán tiếu lâm mùa 2 tập 1 vào lúc 21h ngày 21/02/2015 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By Lucius - 6:14 AM on February 29, 2016   Reply

HI
    Is the Time Stretch and Reverse Speed tool removed from ver. 14??? There is not that tool in menu at the place it was in 13 ver.

Luc

• By Jerry - 12:57 PM on March 2, 2016   Reply

I have been using PS Elements for years and it is great, currently on PSE 12 but having bought a Canon EOS7D MK II if find it will not open the RAW files. No problem opening RAW files taken with my Canon EOS5D MK II and both are .CR2 Can someone Please Help

Jerry

• By 5s online tap 573 - 4:12 AM on March 4, 2016   Reply

Đón xem 5s online tập 573 những gia sư rất hư phần 1 vào lúc 21h ngày 04/03/2016 đượct trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By Ivey Jackson - 3:45 PM on March 4, 2016   Reply

UsedPS successfully for years, but this PS 14 is giving me big prop\blems. Worked fine from 1/10/16, but now when I go to open 14, it goes no further than introductory Rectangle. Today, I deleted it, then reinstalled. Worked fine 1st time, but not the 2nd time. Then all digital negatives are lost in Observer. Help.

• By Bill Floyd - 5:35 AM on March 5, 2016   Reply

I cannot Open Adobe Prem Elements 14 ANYMORE.
    I must open Photoshop first.
    Then when I Delete Photoshop, A. P. Elements appears Behind Photoshop.
    However, when I upload my latest 55 minute Video, it has “TRIAL VERSION”
    as a Title running thru every frame. How can I delete “Trial Version” from
    my Video film? THANK YOU.
    Bill

• By Pat - 2:31 PM on March 9, 2016   Reply

I have Photoshop CS5, I use a Nikon D300s RAW files, they open fine. I have just purchased a the new Panasonic Lumix TZ100 which has RW2 [raw] CS5 does not support this, does anyone know if Elements 14 will open these files. [as yet I do not think Adobe has put this camera on their list]

• By Anabelle - 5:02 PM on March 15, 2016   Reply

I am trying to find…Create slideshow with adobe premier elements 14, or adobe photoshop elements. Too many . I don’t know if I should choose the eLive, Guided,Quick or Export.
    Could you help .
    Would appreciate…..Annabelle..

• By Mark - 6:09 AM on April 10, 2016   Reply

Do you know if Adobe has any plan to reintroduce dark interface theme in Elements product series? Like in Photoshop Elements 10. I’m used to dark interfaces, and lack of this feature, at least for me, is a blocker to buy Photoshop Elements.

• By PC Guardian - 6:43 AM on May 1, 2016   Reply

I recently purchased a Dell P2715Q 4K monitor and discovered that most software does not scale on it. Does the latest Adobe elements have the x2 gui option so it can be used on a 4K monitor?
    Thanks

• By Kimberly - 7:55 PM on May 3, 2016   Reply

Can anyone tell me does elements 14 support RAW files from the new Canon 80D? Currently have elements 12 and it will not read RAW files from my new camers :(.

• By Mike - 12:59 PM on May 10, 2016   Reply

Downloaded Elements 14 in Windows 10. Constant stopage (program not responding); constant and very slow reloading of images when scrolling in either direction. Had no problem with Elements 12. Cannot work with 14!

• By Carol - 5:33 PM on May 22, 2016   Reply

I just want to make sure that this software will allow me to work on Raw NEF files. Thanks you.

Join the discussion