Photoshop Blog

November 30, 2015 /Photoshop /Product News /

Photoshop CC 2015 and Fuse CC (Preview) Available Today With Bulked Up Offerings for Designers

For those of you who’ve been with us a few years, you know that Photoshop has undergone a tremendous reinvention for designers, who represent about half of all our Photoshop customers. This has been a two-year+ metamorphosis during which we added Artboards, Linked Assets, Creative Cloud Libraries, improvements to Layer Styles and Guides; major renovations to our font and type features with Font Search, a Glyph Panel and more. We’ve deeply integrated Adobe Stock, created a whole new way for you to export assets, added the ability to print in 3D, connected you to the cloud and each other through CreativeSync, fixed a zillion small bugs and other nuisances you pointed out to us…and much more.

A few weeks ago at the Adobe MAX conference, we announced major updates to Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 and the new Adobe Fuse CC (Preview). Photoshop product manager Zorana Gee and product marketing manager Chantel Benson teased you in the MAX keynote with demos of just a small sample of the new features.

Today you can get your hands on them!

The 2015 update to Photoshop is a major release with:

• New Artboard capabilities
  • Direct import of SVG files that you can rescale in your designs
  • A touch interface to enable you to work directly on the screen with a stylus or your finger (with the right hardware of course)
  • Creative Cloud Libraries improvements that speed up your asset access and management workflows

Plus with this new version we are making Design Space (preview) available to more customers and in more languages. This is a new space inside Photoshop to address the workflows of today’s web, UI and app designers.

Download the latest version of Photoshop here.

(If you are an existing Photoshop CC subscriber, update instructions can be found at the end of this blog post.)

Adobe Fuse CC (Preview)

FuseCC

In June, we acquired the company Mixamo, and Winston Hendrickson laid out his vision for the future combination of Mixamo and Photoshop. Today we release Adobe Fuse CC (Preview), a new product with an integrated workflow into Photoshop that marks the beginning of our next phase of unlocking the power of 3D design, one of the most in-demand skills in our rapidly changing landscape.

This integration is an early step toward our goal of delivering designer-focused 3D capabilities (along with other exciting new innovations) to give you significantly greater design flexibility and creative options, beginning with Fuse connected to Photoshop. We start this journey with a focus on 3D human characters, but with a little imagination you can envision many future possibilities.

Make custom 3D characters for any creative project

Adobe Fuse CC (Preview) is a desktop application that enables artists of any level or background to easily build 3D human characters in minutes. Designers with no previous 3D experience can quickly assemble unique combinations of existing body parts, clothing items and endless texturing options to make 3D characters to use in projects for graphic design, images and more.

Save your 3D characters directly to your CC Library and access them in Photoshop by simply dragging them into your document. Use the updated 3D Properties panel in Photoshop to choose from thousands of poses and animations to apply to your character. With this new workflow you can:

• Build the unique character of your dreams in Fuse and work with a totally non-destructive workflow so that any modifications to size, shape, color or texture of the character will be applied in real-time
  • Create thousands of types of characters of all shapes and sizes to use as a featured image or as crowds in the background of compositions
  • Pose your character in Photoshop by choosing from a library that has close to 3000 options for any type of action or position you might need, then customize your chosen pose with a few sliders
  • Realize the flexibility of tweaking the position and perspective of the character at any point in the creative process
  • Take advantage of automatic updates to lighting, as you see shadows and highlights automatically adapt to changes made to your character
  • Adjust facial expressions, conveying the mood and personality you want by on your 3D character’s face, or adjust head placement
  • Get layouts approved before shooting a live model by posing a character in Photoshop and getting clients to sign off on the exact composition in advance

Try it out here. Fuse is free to all digital or analog humans who have an Adobe ID. The application is in English-only at release, and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Here are a couple tutorials to get you started:

Create 3D Characters with Fuse CC

Composite Fuse 3D characters in Photoshop

Photoshop CC 2015

Let’s get to what’s new in Photoshop CC 2015…

Design Space (Preview)

If you do any kind of UI, web or app design, you must try out Design Space. Design Space is a workspace with new interactions and design-focused features that reduces clicks, mouse movements and clutter for designers – particularly those who are working on UI, mobile apps and websites. It is created by designers, for designers and is the result of two years of deep and thorough customer research, some of which you can read about here.

We’ve been sharing our source code and progress on this feature here on Github in case that’s your thing.

We also have a very active community around Design Space, which we are introducing as a preview because we want your feedback – so hit us up and let us know what you think:

Artboard Improvements

Now you can sort layers by artboard, use guides contained within artboards to precisely place elements, quickly add new artboards to a document, and access additional artboard preferences for a customized look and feel.

Customizable Toolbar

That’s right…you’ve been asking for this for years, and today that dream comes true.

Beautiful, Modern, Touch-Enabled Interface

Touch Enabled Interface

The Photoshop interface has been updated with a modern look that provides a more consistent experience across the latest operating systems (OS X Yosemite and Windows 10). The new, higher-contrast UI makes images stand out and makes text more legible.

In addition, Photoshop now delivers a great experience on touch devices, including Surface Pro. The new touchable interface offers larger tab targets, the ability to swipe to scrub Undo/Redo/History, two-finger scroll lists, five-finger tap for full-screen, a larger Preset option, and easy access to soft keys for CMD, Option, Shift, and more.

CC Libraries Improvements

Creative Cloud Libraries offer a more intuitive drag-and-drop experience; the ability to bulk import common content into a library; and the ability to add brushes directly from Photoshop. You can search for an element within a Library, and also search Adobe Stock assets and browse your search results directly from Photoshop.

And more…

We have also added the following:

• Font Favorites: quickly find the font you need by flagging individual fonts as favorites
  • An improved Asset Export experience with support for all file formats (along with many other enhancements to this new feature area)
  • Expanded SVG support: now you can open and place native SVG content in your Photoshop designs
  • Glyph panel improvements so you can see your most recently used glyphs, choose to sort by Unicode value or Glyph ID, drag a glyph to generate a new type layer, create a vector path with Option-drag, and maintain a selected glyph when switching fonts

Download the latest version of Photoshop here.

How to get the update (for existing Photoshop CC subscribers):

1. Look for the update in the Creative Cloud application and click “Update”. (Sign out and back in to the Creative Cloud desktop applicationif you don’t see the update)
  2. If you don’t have the Creative Cloud application running, start Photoshop 2015 and choose Help > Updates.
  3. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 and choose Update.

So friends, Photoshop users of all stripes, I cannot be more excited about this release, and our shared future ahead – artists and technologists continuing to make the world a more beautiful place together. I hope you are too.

As always, I look forward to hearing what you like best about the latest release.

Enjoy,

Pam Clark

Director of Product Management, Photoshop

Photoshop, Product News

Join the discussion

• By tin - 10:00 PM on November 30, 2015   Reply

Hello
    how do I enable touch features?
    thanks!

• By al - 5:21 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

the touch features like swiping are auto enabled, but to get the touch toolbar, Window —>> Modifier Keys

• By sidahmed - 2:06 PM on January 9, 2016   Reply

bounjour je mappel ayadzeddam sidahmed

• By sidahmed - 2:08 PM on January 9, 2016   Reply

the touch

• By WriterGuy - 10:05 PM on November 30, 2015   Reply

The big question is: does this new update fix some of the problems with Photoshop CC and El Capitan?

• By Josip - 11:40 PM on November 30, 2015   Reply

It says “The download appears corrupted”…

• By Will - 1:23 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

On Mac update (El Capitan), liquify puts a white inverted like box around the area of the image where the filter was used. Pretty much making it unusable. I’ve seen one other post with the same problem. Is this a known issue (or about to become a known issue)?

Thanks–especially for bringing back Oil Filter. Hopefully I can delete my copy of Photoshop CC now 🙂

• By Chris - 2:18 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

In Preferences > Performance try bumping it up. Also hit the Advanced Settings and make drawing mode Advanced.

• By Steve - 6:29 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

Yep, I’m getting this as well. I’m using a top spec MacBook Pro with El Capitan. It’s not a performance issue.

• By Gina - 6:30 PM on December 1, 2015   Reply

Same happening to me.. Can’t use like this for sure..

• By Gina - 6:33 PM on December 1, 2015   Reply

I tried the fix.. didn’t work. And I need to use it tonight. If I had know this would mess up I wouldn’t have updated it.

• By juno - 8:23 AM on December 2, 2015

i have the same problem,but if you cacel the Graphics Processor,it will be oK

• By juno - 8:20 AM on December 2, 2015   Reply

i have the same problem,but if you cacel the Graphics Processor,it will be oK

• By Catherine Vibert - 8:40 AM on December 6, 2015   Reply

I am having the same issue with the liquify tool, and I have not yet upgraded to El Capitan.

• By Desmond R - 3:08 PM on December 17, 2015   Reply

Not a remedy, but a quick fix that worked for me. I made the modifications with liquify. Closed the file with out saving it, reopened the file, and clicked ctrl-f to reapply the last filter. It reapplied my adjustments without the white square!

• By Mattew - 7:29 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

Is there a way to export Fonts with the package option or export libraries without the creative cloud share?

• By Kai - 8:48 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

the “quick export to Jpg” is not working…I select but nothing happens

• By irina (Adobe) - 11:09 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

does Export As work? if it doesn’t, please try restarting Photoshop and try it with saved document

• By konrad - 10:27 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

any news on 10Bit support for osx 10.11?

• By Darshan Gajara - 11:33 AM on December 1, 2015   Reply

The best in the business just got even better.

• By John McAssey - 12:55 PM on December 1, 2015   Reply

The new CC 2015 update broke the JSX Launcher Extension and has not fixed the ScriptUI problems.

• By John McAssey - 3:07 AM on December 2, 2015   Reply

• By Philipp - 1:44 PM on December 1, 2015   Reply

Yay, 30-Bit support in ElCapitan!

• By Rene Alex - 1:55 PM on December 1, 2015   Reply

Please don’t block the full screen toggle in the youtube videos.

• By Max Rockbin - 11:52 PM on December 1, 2015   Reply

Isn’t embedding color space info in JPGs completely new in Export As & Quick Export? My JPGs in the previous version didn’t seem to have any color space info, so I had to use Save for Web to get that. (So it’s not just that the sRGB option is new, but saving the color space info of your photo (sRGB or whatever your photo is in) in a JPG is new.

• By Wil - 12:03 AM on December 2, 2015   Reply

After update on Windows 10 Photoshop does not work any more Droplets don’t work any more again.
    This is again the next disastrus update of Photoshop CC!!
    I want to make photo production not interested in IT-problems.

• By juno - 8:06 AM on December 2, 2015   Reply

i update the Photoshop 2015.1 Update (11/30/2015) ,when i use the liquify tool,Please look at the picture I uploaded,Feathering over image will appear clear black side, there will be significant liquefaction after the white edge!!!!!!!!

• By jose - 9:10 AM on December 2, 2015   Reply

Hi, I recently update photoshop but, dont recognize my video chipset form my laptop (intel i5). Do you any patch or any solution for this? It’s kind of urgent…

• By Notebook - 1:46 PM on December 2, 2015   Reply

This is awesome! Adobe always getting better, love that great work..

• By Christopher - 6:22 PM on December 2, 2015   Reply

Finally can arrange the toolbar menu.

Adobe must add the ability to scale the brush size with a mouse wheel or tablet.

• By Mike Milich - 7:45 PM on December 2, 2015   Reply

Okay. Fine. Appears to be okay. A bit slower. A bit different. Thanks for all your efforts. I know you mean well. If there is a problem, it’s probably my fault for not being adaptive.
    Here is the thing that Adobe Marketing doesn’t seem to get- Year End is my busiest time of year. I don’t have time to decipher the nuances you like to introduce in your products. I don’t want a different interface, I don’t need a different look. I need an unchanged workflow to get my holiday deliverables out.
    I don’t know what your internal metrics are for success, but your management needs to re-evaluate them. First the Lightroom debacle and now this?
    Deliver your updates in January or February. If I want a present out will be a new lens. I don’t need to figure out the changes in your program. I shouldn’t have to think about your program when I am trying to deliver finished product. Your program is good, but it’s a TOOL!
    It appears that you have lost touch with your customers. Having a steady subscription revenue has distanced you from your users. Come on, folks!

• By Jerry Witt - 3:36 PM on December 6, 2015   Reply

Why couldn’t you just wait to upgrade until February? Are you saying everyone else should wait until you are ready?

• By Brian Nelson - 9:23 PM on December 2, 2015   Reply

I can’t for fuse to come out, plus i love how you can customize the toolbar now.

• By Ilnur Nazyrov - 10:07 PM on December 2, 2015   Reply

Hello! When i select Marquee Tool and try to move selected layer with Cmd key its selected the layer under cursor, like if i choice the option Auto-select in Move tool, but it’s not. In previous version it not be like that. Sorry for my English.

• By Ilnur Nazyrov - 1:48 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

It’s something wrong with Avto-Select checkbox.

• By Ilnur Nazyrov - 2:01 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

And i can’t select layers in different groups. For example:
    Group1
    -layerA
    -layerB
    -layerC
    Group2
    -layerX
    -layerY
    -layerZ

i can’t select layers A,B and Y,Z at the same time.
    It’s annoying.

• By PETER PATERSON - 2:52 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

Since updating PhotoshopCC to new version i am getting problems when using crop tool and when coming to 100% and back to print size the trouble is that i get blank square areas appearing in the image sometimes black and other times white did not have this problem until updating i am using a late 2013 iMac 27 inch screen running El Capitan ??

• By Marie Jackson - 4:15 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

I’m not really against the new 3D character building, but how useful will this really be in the real world? I can’t think of any purpose I would use a 3d model for. I do like the simplicity of the concept and it opens doors for new ways of creating 3d models.

• By Christopher - 7:26 AM on December 3, 2015   Reply

Custom Character designs, for web or print is what you probably can find some use for Fuse3D.

• By Jonney Shih - 9:41 AM on December 4, 2015   Reply

Hi, huges updates for a point release but when are we gonna have stroke width/pattern tool in photoshop like illustrator? been waiting for years:(

• By Jen - 1:51 PM on December 4, 2015   Reply

I have tried updating to the newest Photoshop but I am stuck on 16.0.0.88. It appears that all of the other applications have updated but not Photoshop. I even uninstalled and re-installed it but to no avail!

• By Kenneth Lloyd - 4:31 PM on December 4, 2015   Reply

Updated PS via CC 7 days ago, but news features not showing. Contacted Adobe Help Desk. Got the run around from all the techs I got transferred to. One say I have a CC problem, next tech said features will not be available until 2016 update.

• By Abeelhalim Wahid - 1:48 AM on December 5, 2015   Reply

I Update photoshop in My computer and do not have “Start” workspace in Photoshop

• By Bell - 7:15 AM on December 5, 2015   Reply

I select “Export As” option and the menu apear after a couple of minutes and stays in grey, I can export any of my pictures!

• By ProDesignTools - 12:40 PM on December 5, 2015   Reply

Hi, thanks so much for the update.

You say above, “Fuse is free to all digital or analog humans who have an Adobe ID.”

But on the linked Fuse page, it says: “For a limited time, Fuse is available as a free preview to Creative Cloud members.”

Could you please give a little more detail on what the story is? Thanks!

• By RANSBIZ - 9:41 PM on December 12, 2015   Reply

I also wish to get an explanation for this. I had a similar issue

• By Steve - 4:00 AM on December 6, 2015   Reply

Yet another reason not to upgrade from CC 2014 🙁

First the botched healing brush update which, although it’s now much better in this release, still requires a fiddly config file to allow us to use the legacy healing brush (a feature that was promised would be switchable in the UI in this forum)… and now this!!!??

Seriously Adobe, your assurances that you test your software before releasing it to the public are ringing pretty hollow these days. Any proper regression testing would have spotted this problem with Liquify in 16 bit IMMEDIATELY.

Very disappointing 🙁

• By Sean Thomas - 7:55 AM on December 8, 2015   Reply

i agree, im a tech. and CC 2015 releases have been a nightmare for me.
      ie. Lightroom freezes when videos are encountered in directories.
      ie. Photoshop 16 lags w/large HOSTS files.

and now Photoshop 16.1: Extensions don’t load.

• By Muhammad Subel - 7:59 AM on December 6, 2015   Reply

That’s great article. Thanks for share this…

• By tesfahun - 10:27 PM on December 6, 2015   Reply

I need use

• By John McAssey - 10:31 AM on December 7, 2015   Reply

The scriptUI probem reported solved is not solved please update the Adobe feedback site to reflect that. Event handler are not beeing triggered for the event. ie addEventListener (‘keydown’, KeyboardHandler );

• By robert - 11:56 AM on December 8, 2015   Reply

lolololololololol

• By robert - 11:57 AM on December 8, 2015   Reply

your mum is so fatt!

• By RANSBIZ - 9:38 PM on December 12, 2015   Reply

Thanks for this article. The possibility to open and place native SVG content in my designs had been what i really need to make my photoshopping rock. Thanks for the innovations

• By Ethan Hunt - 4:18 AM on January 8, 2016   Reply

Great content.

• By amad - 5:30 AM on January 9, 2016   Reply

Hello my friend..
    I just want to share how i use a software to edit my picture.
    That is I use Trick Photography And Special Effects E-book.Become Unique, Creative, And Artistic By Taking Breathtaking Photographs That Blow People’s Minds Away! Dozens Of Rare Trick Photography Ideas Are Included In This 295 Page E-book, Along With 9 Hours Of How-to Photography Video Tutorials. Click this link to download the ebook http://trickphotographyandspecialeffect20.blogspot.my/

• By amad - 5:37 AM on January 9, 2016   Reply

Hello guys..
    T just want to share how i edit my picture by use a simple software.Get this Trick Photography And Special Effects E-book on my blog.

• By Buat Android - 12:51 AM on January 15, 2016   Reply

finally i find it. thanks a lot

• By Shohag Islam Sourav - 11:01 PM on January 18, 2016   Reply

Awesome article thanks for the share

• By mazen - 10:26 AM on January 20, 2016   Reply

This is a nice program

• By Hamza Guerri - 2:38 PM on February 5, 2016   Reply

Best Article Thank you Blogadope Really great

• By Kurumsal SEO Danışmanlığı - 5:57 AM on February 16, 2016   Reply

• By Kurumsal SEO Danışmanlığı - 5:58 AM on February 16, 2016   Reply

finally i find it. thanks a lot

• By Rajib - 4:09 AM on February 23, 2016   Reply

I just use the awesome photoshop

• By danh hai dat viet tap 43 - 6:24 AM on February 23, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Danh hài đất việt tập 43 vào lúc 21h ngày 24/02/2016 được cập nhật mới nhất trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (Tại đây).

• By Muhammod Tanvir - 3:17 AM on March 7, 2016   Reply

yes i think it will be pretty helpful for my next project. tnx

• By Gerrit - 1:10 AM on March 9, 2016   Reply

• By dan ong phai the tap 20 - 9:04 AM on March 10, 2016   Reply

Mời khán giả đón xem Đàn ông phải thế tập 20 vào lúc 21h thứ 6 ngày 11/03/2016 trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (Tại đây)

• By 5s online tap 581 - 5:09 AM on March 16, 2016   Reply

Đón xem 5s online tập 581 bí mật của sếp tổng vào lúc 21h ngày 16/03/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By طراحی سایت - 10:39 AM on March 28, 2016   Reply

Hello
    Photoshop to achieve a world beyond human imagination.
    A world full of tools that every day we find a corner of it …

• By Roshan - 11:36 PM on April 8, 2016   Reply

wow awesome aricle of adobe photoshop cc. I am new in graphic design … it will help me a lot. tnx

• By Septian Rishal - 6:28 AM on April 18, 2016   Reply

Photoshop is the best editor for design! My LOGO (www.septian.web.id) design with photoshop

• By Jeni - 4:23 AM on May 6, 2016   Reply

Better post . Everybody benefit here .

• By Angelina veronica - 2:45 PM on May 12, 2016   Reply

Photoshop CC is great software i have used most of the time.

• By Đấu Trường Tiếu Lâm Tập 6 - 2:05 AM on May 19, 2016   Reply

Đấu Trường Tiếu Lâm Tập 6 với những diễn biến vô cùng thú vị với nhiều màn thể hiện ấn tượng khiến toàn sân khấu hồi hộp và thích thú bởi những bất ngờ xảy ra. Cùng những màn đấu khẩu, giành giựt thí sinh của các huấn luyện viên là Trấn Thành, Trường Giang, Thu Trang – Tiến Luật, Đức Thịnh.

• By درب ضد سرقت - 4:27 AM on June 2, 2016   Reply

nice site tanx for text

• By خريد درب ضد سرقت - 4:29 AM on June 2, 2016   Reply

amazing .i like soo much

• By Androidpureapk - 6:56 PM on June 6, 2016   Reply

Hello
    Photoshop to achieve a world beyond human imagination.
    A world full of tools that every day we find a corner of it …

• By زراعة الشعر في تركيا - 4:00 PM on July 10, 2016   Reply

amazing .i like soo much

• By زراعة الشعر في تركيا - 1:04 PM on July 24, 2016   Reply

Thank you, but are there explanations in Arabic?

Join the discussion