Photoshop Blog

February 18, 2016 /Inspiration /Photoshop /

25 Creative Tips from the #Ps25Under25 Artists

As our 25th year of Photoshop draws to a close (our 26th birthday is tomorrow… hint, hint), I want to take a moment to celebrate the creative minds who helped make this year so inspiring. Many of you followed along as we introduced 25 artists under the age of 25 on our Instagram channel.

This group represents such a diverse set of young creatives: illustrators, photographers, graphic designers, textile artists, animators, 3D artists and everything in between. They’re from all around the world: from right here in California, to Germany, South Africa, Canada, Indonesia, and other places I can only dream of visiting.

To reflect on last year’s creative journey, we checked back in with each of these artists to further pick their unbelievably creative brains:

What is one thing you hope to accomplish creatively in 2016?

I hope to transpose all the ideas and imaginations that are going through my head. I want to meet more creative people, get inspired by them and grow as an artist. And of course I hope 2016 will also be a year full of spontaneous journeys. – Mehran Djojan, Age 20, Germany

There’s always a lot to learn and experience, that’s why I love to travel around the world, that’s why my dearest project for 2016 is the creation and weekly publication of a comic based on my adventures, experiences and persons I met during my travels in South America and also about the ones that are coming. – Christian Benavides, Age 23, Colombia

As I am currently pursuing my Masters in Textile Design at Philadelphia University, I want to gain every single bit of knowledge that this field has to offer and absorb my learning in my day to day practice as a designer as well as an individual. I wish to continue learning new things, find new inspiration, travel to the utmost and most of all keep designing. – Insiyah Shahpurwalla, Age 24, India

I’m still exploring different styles and want to find the one that represents my personality in the best way. Graphic design is a never ending journey for me – and that’s the thing that I love most about this industry. – Peter Tarka, Age 22, Poland

I hope that my solo exhibition will be held in China in 2016. – Teddy Kang, Age 24, Canada

What do you do when you hit a creative block to get back to your creative zone?

I usually just look at other artists’ work with a pencil and paper in my hand. I find that I get really inspired to draw when I see other illustrators’ creative output. Sometimes if the block is too big to get around, I just stop and take a break. I go out for a run, take a nap, watch a movie or read a good book.  – Geraldine Sy, Age 23, Philippines

The most important and most difficult thing we have to do every day is to take a step back and have a new look at our work. Maybe by doing something totally different for a moment, you can then appreciate what you’ve done with new eyes. I also like to ask someone who’s not familiar with the project at all to know what is their first feeling and if it’s what I wanted to transmit. – Alice Bouchardon, Age 23, France

When I hit a creative block I usually go for a walk, and when I come back I start drawing in my sketchbook with no rules, no limits. That sense of freedom helps me see new ways of exploring things that I am trying to achieve and I can then transfer that mindset to my projects. – Fredy Santiago, Age 24, USA

For inspiration, I mostly look around, wherever I am, observing various little pieces of typography that catch my attention, like shop logos, old newspaper headlines, etc. – Mark van Leeuwen, Age 16, Italy

If I got this question in my early days as an illustrator, I would have said: “Get out of your workroom and read some books for a while.” But my present self would answer, “Push your limits.” For me, creative process in illustrating is like taking part in a marathon run — once I decide to slow down and walk when the pain comes on, my rhythm would unravel. So, don’t stop, but don’t be too hard on yourself. – Evan Raditya Pratomo, Age 24, Indonesia

Who are your favorite artists right now?

No doubt, the guy who inspired me from the beginning was Erik Johansson. I even managed to talk with him. He told me that if I do things with love, I receive that love back. Besides him, I have followed the trajectory of other #Ps25Under25 artists, eventually becoming friends with some of them. They inspire me a lot and I plan to meet them all one day. – Thiago Garcia, Age 15, Brazil

There are many artists that I like right now, I don’t want to miss anyone, but I can mention Flora Borsi. – Ahmed Emad Eldin, Age 18, Egypt

A lot of the other 25 under 25 artists have become real inspirations creatively, but designers such as Tobias Van Schneider still take the biscuit. – Tom Anders Watkins, Age 20, UK

One of the most inspiring for me right now is Tim Burton. A giant catalog of his drawings is sitting on my shelf, ready to get picked up whenever I need some inspiration. You can clearly see his influence in my recent illustrations. – Martin Schneider, Age 19, Germany

I really love Geoff McFetridge’s and Moonassi’s work. I find them both so inspiring and I love the way they treat their subject matters in their illustrations. – Jocelyn Tsaih, Age 22, China

What piece of your work best represents you and why?

Probably my photo “crash“.  Model aviation is another passion of mine, and the spectacularness of the failure in the picture somehow seems representative. – Zev Hoover, Age 16, USA

The piece that represents me the most is a multiple exposure I did of my friend. It utilizes one of my favorite art forms and art that uses original photos is a lot closer to me as a whole. – Brandon Saunders, Age 15, Cayman Islands

I think the piece I did for the #PS25under25 project is a good representation of who I am. The brief was to look inward and to create something that truly represents you as a creative; as tough of a challenge as that was, that’s what I tried to achieve. – Sonia Dearling, Age 23, South Africa

The pieces that best represent my work are the ones that show travel. Theme-wise, I like playing with the idea of being lost and found. – Leonard Peng, Age 23, USA

This portrait gets close – it’s open, but somehow strong in it’s vulnerability. I feel like that’s very me. – David Uzochukwu, Age 16, Belgium

What’s one piece of advice that you’d give to other young creatives?

Make a lot of art. Make a lot of art that you love. It has to be fun, and it should mean something to you. Simply enjoying it is meaning enough. Don’t sacrifice your comfort in your art for something superficial. Stick to what you love doing. – Reylia Slaby, Age 22, Japan

Start with doing things almost on a daily basis. Find your niche, learn new techniques, develop your style and practice what you enjoy the most. – Rron Nushi, Age 23, Netherlands

Don’t give up, it takes time to make it to the top. If you are really interested in this occupation you will never be satisfied with your work, but that doesn’t mean your work is not good enough. Give time to yourself. – Flora Borsi, Age 21, Hungary

Watch other people work, ask yourself which technique they have used, why they picked the colors they use, lighting, details, etc. And learn. Find your own techniques, experiment and have a lot of fun. Then share it with the world and have a good time! – Bram Vanhaeren, Age 24, Belgium

Take risks. Practice as much as you can. Step out of your comfort zone. Have a personal manifesto – it will get you far and establish your core values, abide by it. Another thing that I would always recommend is doing personal projects. They always kept me motivated and moving forward. – Shaivalini Kumar, Age 24, India

Inspiration, Photoshop

Join the discussion

• By cuoc dua ky thu 2016 - 7:55 AM on February 20, 2016   Reply

Từ khóa: cuoc dua ky thu 2016, giới thiệu cuộc đua kỳ thú 2016

• By Download ShowBox App - 7:41 AM on February 21, 2016   Reply

Very informative information, thanks for shared.

• By MovieBox - 8:13 AM on February 21, 2016   Reply

Different kind of knowledge, thanks for shared and enjoyed to reading this post.

• By Nuno Carriço - 2:40 AM on February 25, 2016   Reply

Muito informativo, obrigado por compartilhar.

• By saad do - 4:53 AM on February 25, 2016   Reply

Great Tips

• By 5s online tap 567 - 5:33 AM on February 25, 2016   Reply

Đón xem 5s online tập 567 bản năng sinh tồn vào lúc 21h ngày 25/02/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By vietnam got talent 2016 tap 8 - 9:18 AM on March 2, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Vietnam got talent 2016 tập 8 vào lúc 21h thứ 6 ngày 04/03/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By Biju - 12:12 AM on March 3, 2016   Reply

I’m very glad to meet some artists there in this post!!!

• By Pixel Hero - 2:52 AM on March 8, 2016   Reply

Some great artists here and its great to see young designers doing such amazing work

• By Blavou - Photographers & Artists - 10:47 AM on March 22, 2016   Reply

“what piece of work best represents you and why”..

A hard question to ask and answer, have been asked this so many times and my answer is always changing!

• By song dau tap 4 - 9:35 AM on March 25, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Song đấu tập 4 vào lúc 20h thứ 7 ngày 26/03/2016 phát sóng trực tiếp trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (Tại đây)

• By Brasas - 11:02 AM on April 4, 2016   Reply

Great type

• By jessikaca - 9:48 PM on April 11, 2016   Reply

Very useful experience. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

• By jorinakayer - 9:30 PM on April 16, 2016   Reply

great experience.

• By kayersmith - 9:32 PM on April 16, 2016   Reply

outstanding experience

• By tabletbindertdp - 5:39 AM on April 22, 2016   Reply

nice creative tips. Thanks for sharing it.

• By blinkz - 5:12 AM on April 23, 2016   Reply

Awesome tips. I like so much.

• By googleplayredeemcodes - 8:58 PM on April 28, 2016   Reply

fantastic!! Outstanding!!!

• By Panda Antivirus Pro 2016 - 4:12 AM on May 4, 2016   Reply

SImply, liked it! Thanks for the post!

• By tim kiem tai nang viet nam 2016 chung ket 2 - 9:27 AM on May 5, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Tìm kiếm tài năng việt nam 2016 chung kết 2 – vietnam got talent 2016 chung kết 2 vào lúc 21h ngày 06/05/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By Angelina veronica - 1:26 PM on May 5, 2016   Reply

In one word i liked it all are so excellent.

• By Ruberd D Burdisk - 4:04 AM on May 6, 2016   Reply

Creative tips. I’m satisfy to see you tips .

• By californiadentist - 11:36 AM on May 6, 2016   Reply

nice post. I like it

• By californiadentist - 11:37 AM on May 6, 2016   Reply

Awesome post. It is very useful to all.

• By Hội quán tiếu lâm mùa 2 tập 13 - 9:00 PM on May 13, 2016   Reply

Mời khán giả đón xem những câu chuyện hài hước trong chương trình hội quán tiếu lâm mùa 2 tập 13 phát sóng vào lúc 21h chủ nhật ngày 15/05/2016 trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (Tại đây).

• By dau truong tieu lam tap 6 - 7:08 AM on May 16, 2016   Reply

Mời khán giả đón xem chương trình đấu trường tiếu lâm tập 6 vòng song đấu trực tiếp lúc 21h45 thứ 3 ngày 17/05/2016 và được cập nhật nhanh nhất trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (Tại đây).

• By haihoailinh.net - 11:08 PM on May 16, 2016   Reply

Xem những clip hài mới nhất 2016 với vô vàn những clip hài được tổng hợp công phu, đầy đủ và nhanh nhất tại haihoailinh.net

• By Stt hay về tình yêu - 11:23 PM on May 16, 2016   Reply

Đến với những Stt hay về tình yêu và để những dòng Status hay là tiếng nói từ sâu thẳm trái tim bạn nhé. Vào sttcamxuc.com để xem những dòng cảm xúc chân thành nhất nhé

• By 5s online mua 3 tap 18 - 7:16 AM on May 19, 2016   Reply

Đón xem 5s online mùa 3 tập 18 món quà khó đỡ phần 3 vào lúc 20h ngày 19/05/2016 được cập nhật mới nhất trên kênh video ovuinhi.com.

• By Đấu Trường Tiếu Lâm Tập 7 Full HD - 9:34 PM on May 19, 2016   Reply

Đấu Trường Tiếu Lâm Tập 7 khi sự ganh đua của các giám khảo đã lên cao trào, sự lựa chọn của các thí sinh thật là một điều không dễ dàng. Hãy cùng đón xem để chọn được con đường nào khi đứng giữa 4 sự lựa chọn nhé.

• By tubemate for windows - 10:53 AM on May 20, 2016   Reply

thanks for the tip! great help, keep up the good work and really like the discussion.

• By Vong Chong - 2:22 AM on May 25, 2016   Reply

I’m very glad to see those useful tips . Thank you so much for sharing such tips with us .

• By projectsdeal - 9:19 AM on May 30, 2016   Reply

It is really fantastic!!!

• By Stt - 9:37 AM on June 2, 2016   Reply

Chuyên trang tổng hợp những Stt buon ve tinh yeu, hay nhat, ý nghĩa nhất cho bạn.

• By new mp3 song free - 1:10 AM on June 4, 2016   Reply

good tip, thanks for sharing friends. 🙂

• By hoi quan tieu lam mua 2 tap 16 - 9:05 AM on June 5, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Hội quán tiếu lâm mùa 2 tập 16 vào lúc 21h ngày 05/06/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com (tại đây).

• By cinemabox - 2:31 PM on June 8, 2016   Reply

watch movies at cinemabox!

• By londonrubbishltd - 9:55 PM on June 8, 2016   Reply

I am really glad to see this precious tips. Thanks admin

• By little Dick - 2:51 AM on June 12, 2016   Reply

hx801b What as up, I read your new stuff daily. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you are doing!

• By gift baskets christchurch - 5:14 AM on June 15, 2016   Reply

Thanks again for the blog article.Really thank you! Want more.

• By cuoi xuyen viet 2016 tap 4 - 11:22 PM on June 16, 2016   Reply

Đón xem Cười xuyên việt 2016 tập 6 chủ đề Nóng vào lúc 21h ngày 17/06/2016 được trực tiếp full hd trên kênh video ovuinhi.com

• By Chinese voice talent - 5:40 AM on June 17, 2016   Reply

Very informative blog post. Fantastic.

• By Digital Agency Belfast - 7:24 AM on June 17, 2016   Reply

I really like and appreciate your blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

• By event coordinator - 6:10 AM on June 20, 2016   Reply

Muchos Gracias for your article.Much thanks again. Much obliged.

• By Clipping Crowd - 1:19 PM on June 20, 2016   Reply

Sounds and great! As a photo editor, I have to use various tools to enhance and manipulation images but it’s quite hard to remember a great tool without Photoshop! I have to process thousands of images per day and Photoshop is my best solution, as well as Creative Suite, is the great package forever as a one stop solution for us all graphic design need, that’s why I love Adobe -thanks again.

• By jual alat scanner mobil - 8:03 AM on June 23, 2016   Reply

Major thankies for the blog article.Really thank you! Really Cool.

• By toko alat bengkel - 9:10 AM on June 23, 2016   Reply

I cannot thank you enough for the blog.Thanks Again.

• By land development - 5:33 AM on June 24, 2016   Reply

I appreciate you sharing this post. Really Cool.

• By family day event company singapore - 6:02 AM on June 24, 2016   Reply

I loved your blog article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.

• By Eric - 2:15 AM on June 25, 2016   Reply

Industrial supply offering various equipment, component and MRO parts in industry. Trusted quality and convenient delivery on thousands products.

• By vietnam idol kids 2016 gala 4 - 9:19 AM on June 25, 2016   Reply

than tuong am nhac nhi 2016 gala 4, vietnam idol kids 2016 gala 4 full hd, video than tuong am nhac nhi 2016 gala 4 full hd

Join the discussion