Photoshop Blog

October 4, 2016 /Photoshop Elements /Product News /

Introducing Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15

The Elements team is excited to announce the release of Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15.

Over the years, the Elements products have emphasized easy photo and video organization, editing, creation, and sharing. Elements combines powerful behind-the-scenes technology magic adapted from our professional apps with a user friendly UI and modes for every level of user to deliver an ideal mix of power and ease-of-use for creating and sharing your special moments.

For this release we focused on further automating the organization and editing process so that Elements does the heavy lifting and you can focus on creating and sharing. We’ve also expanded our selection of Guided Edits so it is even easier to get started and continue to bridge the gap between photo and video editing by bringing familiar photo features and terminology to life in Premiere Elements

As you’ll see, there are a number of exciting new features and enhancements to make your photos as amazing as your memories.

Here’s what’s new –

elements2

Touch Enabled – Touchscreen laptops and desktops continue to grow in popularity, and our elements3Organizer and Quick Edit mode are now touch friendly so that you can simply tap to do all your finding, sorting, and quick enhancements.

Enhanced Search – Finding the right photo and video is always a challenge and with Elements 15 we’re making it a whole lot easier. Now you can find the exact photos and videos you’re looking for by searching on a combination of things, including places, events, and other favorite subjects.

elements4

Smart Tags – Elements now automatically tags your photos based on subjects like sunsets birthday, dogs, cats and more. As a result, you’ll spend less time tagging and more time creating.

Enhanced Instant Fix – And speaking of saving you time, we’ve enhanced the instant fix functionality so that you can quickly and easily edit a batch of photos at one time.

elements5

New Guided Edits – Guided Edits transform seemingly complex tasks into easy to follow step-by-step instructions that guide you to fantastic results. Photoshop Elements now offers 45 Guided Edits, including five brand new ones in this release.

elements6

• Photo Text: Now you can easily transform any photo into cool visual text and add an embossed look and drop shadows to really make it pop. It’s great for anyone creating collages, scrapbook pages, cards, signs, and more.

elements7

• Painterly: Convert your photos into unique works of art. Painterly teaches you how to paint an effect over your subject and then add textures and color themes—perfect for sharing on social media or as a printed keepsake.
  • Effects Collage: get artistic by adding multiple effects to a single photo. Tap into multiple templates and themes to choose one that suits your style.
  • Speed Pan: Don’t know how to or weren’t able to catch the perfect speed-pan action shot? No problem. This new guided edit adds a motion blur behind your subject to create the dramatic effect.
  • Frame Creator: A new way to create your own custom frames to complement your favorite photos and they can be added to the existing frame library.

elements8

Adjust Facial Features –. Turn frowns upside down, adjust squinting eyes, and make other quick tweaks so everyone in your photos looks their best.

Enhanced Filter Gallery – Filters are a great way to try on new looks and show off your creativity, and now it’s even easier to choose the best filter for your photo and fine-tune the details.

elements9

Layer Adjustment Guided Edit – Another opportunity to impress people with your editing chops. This new Guided Edit makes it easy to give your movie a signature look by applying effects across multiple clips or your entire movie at once.

elements10

Haze Removal – You loved it in Photoshop Elements and now we’re bringing it to Premiere Elements. New Haze Removal enables you to easily remove haze to make the background of your scenes as crisp as what’s up front.

Remix – We’ve eliminated the frustration of matching different length music files with your video clips. Pick any music file, and it can be easily remixed to match the length of your movie with a natural sound and transition so you never lose the soul of your audio.

Face Detection – We’ve added face detection to Smart Trim, Favorite Moments and Pan and Zoom, giving priority to footage of what matters most – the people in your videos – when suggesting places to trim. With face detection, you’ll get a great movie of friends and family without that unnecessary footage.

elements11

Video Collage – create dynamic collages with photos and videos that show many memories at once. A fun and creative way for sharing on Facebook, YouTube, and other social sites.

These are just some of the new and enhanced features in Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15. For a complete list of what’s new and improved, please visit here. Be sure to check out project tutorials here and follow us on Facebook.

We hope you’re as excited about this release as we are and look forward to your feedback.

– The Elements Team

Photoshop Elements, Product News

Join the discussion

• By Sue Holder - 5:06 PM on October 4, 2016

CMYK editing available?

• By Michael - 7:14 AM on October 21, 2016

It does not support CMYK. It has 3 color modes: RGB Color, Bitmap and Grayscale. You can’t create a new CMYK document. However, you could print to PDF/A (CMYK) if you have Adobe Acrobat.

• By Running Hedgehog - 2:40 AM on October 5, 2016

Has Google Photos been added to the list of shares? If so, then I would probably upgrade from my PSE version 12.

• By Charlyn - 10:57 AM on October 5, 2016

Is there a upgrade price?

• By TobyB - 10:13 AM on October 6, 2016

Does Premiere Elements 15 edit 360 videos?

• By Rich - 2:24 PM on October 6, 2016

is Elements 15 available for Mac?

• By Steven Toutant - 9:20 AM on October 27, 2016

• By Rich - 12:16 PM on October 11, 2016

If I just bought Elements 14, will there be an auto upgrade?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:53 AM on October 22, 2016
    • By BobArch2 - 10:04 AM on October 22, 2016

It is interesting that the link provided states that a complimentary update is available if certain criteria is met. On October 18, 2016 I asked Adobe online support that same question. The answer was no and after further prodding suggested I call sales. I did call sales and they stated that I could not get the update… even tho I met all the criteria. Since I purchased Photoshop Elements 14 and Premier Elements 14 on October 1, 2016 I had to request a refund as per their 30 day rule. I also had to uninstall v14. They are processing the RMA with the statement that it takes 5-7 business days to credit my credit card. When the credit appears I can then purchase v15. Makes no sense but that is what I had to do.

• By Alison - 2:18 PM on October 12, 2016

Does Elements 15 support CMYK for printing? I write books, available in ebook format and print (print on demand, via CreateSpace) and I want to design my own covers. I am concerned that print covers will not come out well regarding the colour. So, does it support CMYK?

• By Michael - 7:10 AM on October 21, 2016

It does not support CMYK. It has 3 color modes: RGB Color, Bitmap and Grayscale. You could print to PDF/A (CYMK) if you have Adobe Acrobat.

• By FA$TFREDDY - 8:39 AM on November 18, 2016

HEY WHAT KINDA BOOKS DEO YOU WRITE

• By Flo - 10:21 AM on October 13, 2016

Does anyone know how long the trial period for Adobe Photoshop Elements is?

• By Michael - 7:10 AM on October 21, 2016

30 days.

• By roman - 1:41 AM on October 20, 2016

How do you retrieve the photos in Flickr?

• By Kate - 6:49 AM on October 20, 2016

Great program with awesome functions.

• By oldgypsy - 10:01 PM on October 20, 2016

I just purchased PE15 but I have not installed it yet. I sure wish that Adobe would develop a program like Caricature Studio or Photamate Light in Clearlake Oaks, CA. Both of these programs are from the same company. Unfortunately it appears that the company is out of business now. I enjoy creating photos by placing heads on various bodies & doing caricatures of faces. That would sure enhance Photoshop Elements.

• By darren - 12:44 PM on October 22, 2016

I only purchased elements 14 3 months ago, now I find there is a new version for the same price. there was no indication that a new version was soon to be released, how deceiving of adobe now making me pay again to have their latest product!!!

• By Richard - 1:56 PM on November 1, 2016

I also purchased my version 14 (Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements) end of August. It is very unclear if could get a complimentary upgrade and I contacted support, who told me to call an Australian phone number, I am based in the Netherlands. Why doesn’t Adobe warn you that a new version is coming when you are buying their product?

• By Nick Michelli - 10:46 AM on November 2, 2016

I purchased Elements 13, and when I went to use it on a new computer I was denied access. What should I do besides switch from Adobe????

• By Jonathan Adler - 6:39 AM on November 7, 2016

I’m ready to upgrade from Photoshop Elements I. I don’t think my CRT monitor can handle it though.

• By J - 7:41 AM on November 7, 2016

Went through hell between Elements 14 & 15. Now with 15 I can “undo” the last step. No history. Anyone else having a problem?

• By Baron Gissendaner - 8:30 AM on November 7, 2016

Doe’s the new Elements 14 import images directly from the Macs “Photo” app like it did with the iPhoto app?

• By Kathleen Wahl - 11:32 AM on November 11, 2016

How do I install PS 15 downloaded from paid disk? There are 4 files and it is not clear how or what to do.
    I have the previous version (l2015) of Macbook Pro with the Yosemite software.
    I also have purchased the Adobe PDF pack today and I need answers about how to convert a PDF photo file to a .jpeg file.
    Please help I am so very frustrated!!!!!

• By Donna Brighton - 5:21 PM on November 11, 2016

If you are a photo enthusiast who seeks special effects goodness without the learning curve, Photoshop Elements is the ticket.

• By Jeffrey Mitchell - 1:19 PM on November 17, 2016

Is anyone else “peeved” at the way PSE has been displaying tool options since v12? They now take up about 20% of the “desktop whereas options used to be displayed in a small line at the top. If PSE 15 hasn’t corrected this, I will use Pshop CC / lightroom CC for 10 bucks per month !! anyone know if it’s been changed back?

• By Judy Skinner - 10:08 PM on November 22, 2016

Refine edge has changed to the tool used in Photoshop?

• By Steve Hilliar - 6:16 PM on November 23, 2016

Have the big problems with Premiere Elements 13 for Mac been fixed? I wasted my money buying it and now Adobe want another $99 for an upgrade from something that did not work originally. WHY?

• By Paul - 5:50 PM on November 30, 2016

Is there a version of Photoshop Elements 15 that will work on Windows 7 pro 32bit?

• By William Elfring - 2:21 PM on December 1, 2016

I’ve been a pse10 user and I just installed pse 15 and after a great effort was able to uninstall pse 10. I am getting to know pse 15 and I just found out that I can no longer down load my pse 15 albums on to my iPad. It appears that the current version of iTunes (12.5.3) does not connect to my pse 15 catalog. However, it will still connect to my pse 10 catalog. I’m using Windows 10 (64bit). Am I missing something? Can you help me?

• By Paul T. - 3:19 PM on December 6, 2016

Does Version 15 return the control of “Place” to the user? The old Pre-13 method worked great and I could set up Places, sub-places as I wanted. Since Version 13 at least, the Place tags are useless to me. I don’t need, can’t use, and don’t want the trouble of defining the location on a map and having the program put the tag in the wrong place ion the listings.

• By mark - 11:16 AM on December 12, 2016

I just got Adobe Premiere Elements 15 about a month ago. I see no haze removal option

• By Brian - 2:17 AM on December 27, 2016

It’s under the Enhanced menu. Also there is a shortcut: Alt-Ctrl-Z, or Alt-Ctrl-A for automatic haze removal.

• By Denny - 6:00 PM on January 1, 2017

Is the cross-platform issue fixed?
    Would need to share project files between MacOS and Windows as pre-requisite for purchase.

• By Patrick - 1:50 AM on January 2, 2017

Is one serial key from PSE 15 still valid for 2 systems? or do i have to buy 2 copy’s of CSE 15.