We’re on the hunt once again for the Next Photoshop Evangelist. The last winner was Gavin Hoey, who flew from his home in the UK to hang with the product team at Photoshop Orlando and showcase his favorite features in Photoshop at our booth. Gavin’s enthusiasm and energy were definitely characteristics of a great evangelist, who passionately provides engaging ways for people to learn more about Photoshop.
In case you’re unfamiliar with the coveted title – Adobe Photoshop Evangelists are folks like Russell Brown, Julieanne Kost and Bryan O’Neil Hughes who travel the world “preaching the Photoshop gospel” and educating the masses with tips and tricks for the software. The popular Adobe TV series of tutorials from Russell Brown and Julieanne Kost, along with the “Photoshop Hidden Gems” series on our YouTube channel are a great example of that special instruction.
We’ve just launched a contest to give YOU the opportunity to shine as the “Next Photoshop Evangelist” and show us your favorite Hidden Gem in Photoshop CS5 via a video submission. Hidden Gems are lesser-known features or new uses for commonly used tools that people may not already know about.
How to Submit:
1) Visit our Next Photoshop Evangelist tab on our Facebook page.
2) Upload the 1-2 minute video by clicking “Submit a Video” and follow the instructions.
3) After it’s been reviewed, your video will appear in the Submissions Gallery.
4) You can submit as many videos as you want—just make sure that your content is original and doesn’t feature any copyrighted material.
5) Remember: your submission must reveal a “Hidden Gem” and mention the phrase to qualify for the contest.
What You’ll Win:
A panel of Photoshop Evangelists will select five finalists. Once the finalists have been chosen, Facebook community votes will determine the grand prize winner, who will receive:
- A trip to attend Photoshop World
- Time with the product team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your Hidden Gem live at Photoshop World
- A copy of Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- Potential promotion via Adobe.com & Photoshop.com
Be sure to check out our official contest rules before entering and submit before 11:59 p.m. PST on March 5.
Good luck! If you’re not vying for the evangelist title, you can still participate by “liking” and sharing out the videos, as they appear on our Facebook tab. Get your friends to join in on deciding who is worthy of the next spot!
We’re looking forward to seeing what you come up with.