A little over a year ago we shipped Revel 1.0. In that time, we have learned so much about you and what you want from a photo app like Revel. One of the things we heard loud and clear was that a lot of you loved Revel, but you really wanted a free version of the app. There’s an old adage in show business to give the audience what they want, and that is exactly what we are doing today.
Here is a summary of the changes we are making to Revel:
- We are eliminating the 30-day trial and replacing it with a free version of Revel that you can use for as long as you like.
- You can still upgrade to Revel Premium as an in-app purchase in the Revel App.
With the free version of Revel you get:
- The ability to import as many photos as you want in the first 30 days
- After that you can import up to 50 photos every month
With Revel Premium you get:
- Unlimited photo import for US$5.99 per month – import as many photos as you want, anytime you want
- The ability to automatically import new photos added to the Camera Roll on your iPhone and iPad
Revel still lets you:
- Access your photos almost anywhere you go
- Back-up your photos to the cloud
- Organize, edit, and share all the photos you have
- Share beautiful web galleries that update automatically
We want to build the perfect photo app/service for you, and we think these changes are a big first step toward doing just that. Over the coming months, we’ll be paying very close attention to how many photos people are importing, and we’ll be fine-tuning the limits in the free version of Revel to make them as generous as possible.