There’s never been a better time to become a Adobe Creative Cloud member because today, Adobe Photoshop gives Creative Cloud members exclusive access to more than a dozen exciting new features that will take your Photoshop workflow to the next level!
If you’d like to see some of these new Photoshop features for Creative Cloud members in action, check out this video from our own Principal Digital Imaging Evangelist Julieanne Kost, in which she shares her top 5 new features for photographers.
Here’s a closer look at what’s new in Photoshop CS6 (13.1) for Creative Cloud members:
- Retina Display Support: See more of the details in your images and in the Photoshop user interface when viewing on new Retina displays available on MacBook Pro.
- Smart Object support for Blur Gallery and Liquify: Enjoy the creative freedom to experience nondestructive editing with Blur Gallery and Liquify, now that both features offer Smart Object support. These effects can even be applied non-destructively to video layers.
- Powerful CSS support for web design: Quickly export CSS code for text and objects, and also import color codes from HTML, CSS and SVG files to your color palette to help you design incredible websites.
- Workflow improvements: Discover new user-inspired timesavers including Crop tool refinements, better naming of merged layers, the ability to quickly move a path anchor point using the spacebar and the option to see up to 100 items in your list of recently opened files. Easily create large images for signage, panoramas, and other large outputs by saving JPEGs of up to 65,000×65,000 pixels, more than twice the size previously supported. Ensure consistent type formatting across multiple documents by defining global styles, which are then available in any Photoshop document.
- Conditional Actions: Speed up image processing by creating Conditional Actions. These commands use logic to automatically choose between different Actions based on rules that you establish.
- New 3D options (available for Photoshop CS6 Extended):
- Improved 3D effects: Save time and steps with improved live (OpenGL) previews of shadow effects as well as reflection roughness and refraction. Also, get more control over illumination by using a 32-bit color picker to create amazing glow effects.
- Image-based lighting enhancements: Get enhanced lighting when you illuminate your scenes using 32-bit HDR images as light sources or create other image-based lights (IBLs).
- Enhanced details for textures: Improve the lighting of bumps and textures on 3D objects by automatically generating a normal map.
Note: With the exception of Retina display support, the new features listed above will only be available to Adobe Creative Cloud members. Retina display support for Mac is available to all Adobe Photoshop CS6 customers today, including customers who are not Creative Cloud members.
Creative Cloud for Teams
We’re also pleased to announce the launch of Adobe Creative Cloud for teams, which makes it easy for you to collaborate with colleagues inside and outside your organization and benefit from centralized administrative tools. It comes with 100GB of storage per person and direct access to Adobe’s expert support team. Creative Cloud for teams is available today and you can get more information in this detailed announcement or by visiting Adobe.com.
For more information on these new Photoshop CS6 features or to find out how to become a member of Adobe Creative Cloud, please visit Adobe.com.