Today I have been scheduling the sessions I want to see while I am at MAX and I am bitterly disappointed. There is so much good stuff!! It has not been easy to prioritise and I wish we had more time to see more. How about making MAX five days next year? My choices this year are leaning towards AIR, plus a few other things on the side. So here are my top picks for MAX 2007:
- Working with Persistent Data in in Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR)
- Customizing the Flex Framework
- Flex on Rails
- Advanced LiveCycle Data Services For Developers
- Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) Tips and Tricks
- Flex Roadmap
- Boot Camp for Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR)
- Building Stunning Flex Applications with Flex Builder and Creative Suite 3
- Building Rich Internet Applications Cairngorm and LiveCycle Data Services – so good I am going to it twice
- Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) Security
I will be speaking "Building Rich Internet Applications Cairngorm and LiveCycle Data Services". If you are interested in LiveCycle Data Services please make sure you also check out Jeff Vroom’s talk on "Advanced LiveCycle Data Services For Developers" – I’ve seen his presentation and it looks good. Be warned though, Jeff is also presenting at the same time as me on the Wednesday (who did the scheduling?), so make sure you make it to his first session on the Tuesday (9:15am). Jeff is "Mr Data Services" to the point I have named a section in my presentation after him. So if you want hear some "Vroomisms" please make sure come along to both our sessions.
My final recommendation would be Steven’s Webster’s talk on "Design-Led Innovation: Creating Disruptive Experiences". I would go myself, but why go to Chicago to hear Steven speak when I see and hear him most days in Edinburgh (and I have heard it many times before)? Joking aside, this will be an engaging session and Steven will blend Flex, AIR and LiveCycle to show how you can deliver compelling solutions the Adobe Consulting way.