Cairngorm Plugin Available

The Cairngorm Plugin is now available as a public beta on opensource.adobe.com. Please click here for details on how to install the plugin.

I am looking for people to join the Cairngorm Plugin project team, if you are interested please email at pmartin@adobe.com.

Enjoy!

12 Responses to Cairngorm Plugin Available

1. Glenn Williams says:

Hi Peter,Great news. Thanks for the heads up.glenntinylion development uk

2. Benz says:

Finally the wait is over! Thanks for the hard work!Benz

3. Nishant Kyal says:

Hi,There’s no documentation on installation of Cairngorm 2.2.2Codegen-beta. I’ve downloaded it all but can’t get eclipse to download the plugin as this dependency remains.Nishant

4. Peter Martin says:

Hi Nishant,I have amended the documentation (http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/cairngorm/Plugin) to be more specific.There is no explicit dependency between the plugin and cairngorm2_2_2beta-bin.zip, you simply need to download the ZIP and extract it. The plugin does not require it to install.I hope this helps.Peter.

5. Yann says:

I’m happy to see that a beta is available but it’s too bad that it’s not currently possible to add a Cairngorm nature to a Flex library project 🙁

6. Peter Martin says:

Hi Yann,Thanks for that, I have changed the plugin so the next release will allow you to add the nature to any ActionScript-based plugin.CheersPeter.

7. Adnan Doric says:

Is this some kind of replacement for cairngen or am I missing something ?

8. Peter Martin says:

Hi Adnan,The intent of the Cairngorm Plugin is the same as Cairngen except it is a plugin for FlexBuilder.CheersPeter.

9. Daniel Kustrin says:

The url for the plugin download now gives “The requested URL /pub/opensource/cairngorm/plugin/ was not found on this server.” Is there another URL i could use?thanks!dan

10. Peter Martin says:

Hi Dan,The server won’t let you browse to the URL (you will get a 404 not found). It will work though if you configure a remote update site under Eclipse.CheersPeter.

11. peter says:

What should be added as ‘Cairngorm location’? I tried specifying the cairgorm plugin location or the cairngorm location..both didn’t work. I keep getting the error “Config not found for Cairngorm location or invalid path” .Please helpPeter

12. Peter Martin says:

You need to download the Cairngorm 2.2.2 beta: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/opensource/cairngorm/plugin/cairngorm2_2_2beta-bin.zipExtract the zip on your local hard disk and point the location at the root Cairngorm 2.2.2 folder.