This is a good time to install updates for CS6, CS5.5, and CS5 video applications, since several significant updates have recently been released.
The best way to check for updates is by closing all Adobe applications other than Adobe Bridge, and choosing Help > Updates in Adobe Bridge; this ensures that all processes related to Adobe video applications have been quit and can be updated safely.
Here are links to details of the most recent updates for each version of the Adobe professional video and audio applications:
- After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) update
- Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2/6.0.3) update
- SpeedGrade CS6 (6.0.4) update
- Audition CS6 (5.0.2) update
- Adobe Prelude CS6 (1.0.2/1.0.3) update
- Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (6.0.2/6.0.3) update
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.2) update
- After Effects CS5.5 (10.5.1) update (requires manual download and installation)
- Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5 (5.5.1) update
- Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.4) update (Mac OS) or Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.3) update (Windows)
- After Effects CS5 (10.0.2) update
- Adobe Media Encoder CS5 (5.0.1) update (Mac OS and Windows)
- After Effects CS4 (9.0.3) update
We have also been working with several providers of plug-ins, codecs, and hardware devices to assist them in updating their software to fix some errors and crashes. Please take this opportunity to download and install updated codecs, plug-ins, and drivers from these providers, as relevant to your work.
Updates are cumulative. If you install an update, you get all of the fixes and features in previous updates for the same version of the application.