July, 2011 Archives
We’ve recently added several entries to the Premiere Pro FAQ list.
- FAQ: How do I learn Premiere Pro?
- FAQ: What’s new and changed in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5?
- FAQ: How do I make Premiere Pro faster?
- FAQ: How do I submit a bug report or feature request or otherwise give feedback about Premiere Pro?
- FAQ: Why does audio not go to the track where I drop it?
- FAQ: How do I get rid of black bars around my movie?
- FAQ: Why can’t Premiere Pro import my file?
- FAQ: Does Premiere Pro use all of the CPUs (processor cores) in a multicore computer?
- FAQ: What computer and components should I buy for Premiere Pro?
- FAQ: What are the limitations of the free, 30-day trial version of Premiere Pro?
- FAQ: How do I choose the right sequence settings?
- FAQ: Why is playback stuttering when I preview within Premiere Pro?
- FAQ: Why do I have a red or yellow bar over my sequence, and how do I render previews?
- FAQ: What are CUDA and the Mercury Playback Engine, and how do I use them?
- FAQ: What are the best export settings?
- FAQ: How do I export a movie for YouTube, Vimeo, iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV?
We have an After Effects FAQ list, too.
Andrew Devis, Karl Soule, Robbie Carman, Jarle Leirpoll, and Jeff Sengstack have all been creating excellent video tutorials about color correction and color grading recently, so I thought that it would be useful to gather links to them together in one place for convenience.
Several of these tutorials go far beyond just showing the UI controls in a specific piece of software; they also give great advice that’s relevant to color correction with any tool, such as working in a room with constant lighting and frequently resetting your eyes to real-world neutral by looking away from the computer screen.
There’s more information about color correction in general and Color Finesse specifically on the Adobe website:
- “Color correction and adjustment” in Adobe Premiere Pro Help
- “Color correction, color grading, and color adjustment” in After Effects Help
- “Resources for Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse” in After Effects Help
Robbie Carman’s color correction and color grading webinar
Karl Soule’s color correction and color grading tutorials
- Basic use of the Three-Way Color Corrector in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Setting up the three wheels of the Three-Way Color Corrector in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Using the Three-Way Color Corrector as a secondary color corrector in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Color Finesse workflow: workflow from Premiere Pro to After Effects
- Color Finesse workflow: primary grading in After Effects (part 1)
- Color Finesse workflow: primary grading in After Effects (part 2)
- Color Finesse workflow: secondary grading in After Effects
- Color Finesse workflow: using a control surface
Andrew Devis’s color correction and color grading tutorials
- Primary color correction in After Effects
- Secondary color correction in After Effects
- The Vectorscope in After Effects
- The Vectorscope in Premiere Pro
- YC Waveform Graph in Premiere Pro
- Color correction 1: Brightness & Contrast
- Color correction 2: primary colour correction
- Color correction 3: vignette techniques
- Color correction 4: secondary colour correction
- Color correction 5: blending modes
- Color correction 6: the filmic blend technique
- matching colors from multiple cameras in After Effects and Premiere Pro
- matching colors from multiple cameras in Premiere Pro
Jeff Sengstack’s color correction and color grading tutorials
- Streamlining Color Correction in Premiere Pro (ProVideo Coalition website)
- Presenting the Premiere Pro color correction workflow (Lynda.com)
- Analyzing clips for tonality issues (Lynda.com)
- Adjusting color channels using RGB Color Corrector and RGB Curves effects (Lynda.com)
- Changing a single color: three approaches (Lynda.com)
Jarle Leirpoll’s color correction and color grading tutorial