In addition to all the great features in this week’s release, many bugs were also fixed in the July 10th update. Here is a summary:
- H.264 444 video files are incorrectly decoded as 422. One manifestation is green artifacts.
- Some XDCAM 422 QuickTime clips fail to import on Mac, and imports only audio on Windows.
- hang on quit if project contains SonyRaw Format clips imported via Media Browser
- Crash on dragging an empty bin from Media Browser to the Project panel, with error message “[..\..\Src\ProjectActions.cpp-2653]”
- Growing file sometimes becomes media offline while editing
- Growing file sometimes goes offline while editing
- When capture codec is set to DNxHD 145, clips captured at 1080i setting are created at 1080p.
- If Capture panel and Edit to Tape panel are open at the same time, Capture panel will fail to capture video.
- Capture Device in the capture window becomes Offline after closing the Edit to Tape panel
- Crash on batch capture with tape deck connected via SDI. Error message: [..\..\Src\ManualRecorderUtilities.cpp-348]
- [FCP XML Export] No audio with clip if track is muted at export with XML
- OMF Export does not trim audio properly if audio comes from multicamera sequences
- FCP XML’s sometimes lose the correct output assignment and panning information on import.
- Sequence previews are used during movie export regardless of the “Use Previews” Export Settings option being selected or not.
- Some muxed h264 CBR exports are longer than the original source material
- Duration of H264 encodes is shorter than the source by up to a second.
Smart Render: Media from some decks does not smart render properly
- Faders on control surface do not work with an adaptive clip in a multichannel sequence.
- Some control surface faders for Clip Mixer are not updated when switching between sequences for Clip Volume value of 0.0
- Toggle Control Surface Clip Mixer Mode button assignment provides no visual feedback.
- Mute Buttons do not update correctly for some control surface interfaces
Edit to Tape
- Edit to Tape Panel: after edit is complete, edit data remains stored in deck, and deck often remains in Insert or Assemble mode. Causes tape export failure on some decks.
- Edit to Tape panel: “Delay Movie Start by [x] frames” is not properly honored in some case
- Audio tracks in Edit to Tape panel do not default to A1 through A4 when switch from “Insert” to “assemble,” then back to Insert
- Export to Tape panel: when switching from Assemble to Insert, all audio channels are selected, even when the channels are unsupported.
Transmit: Occasional crash on toggling Transmit during timeline playback [Mac only]
- After external I/O device is disconnected, CTI sometimes fails to move
- after stopping playback, AVC-Intra and DVCPro HD files take 15 – 20 seconds to render frames for playback
- Some XDCAM QT MOV clips show Media Pending graphic for extended period and exhibit poor scrubbing and playback
- Various issues interfacing with audio drivers on Mac that could result in failed audio recording or playback, issues connecting to audio devices, audio issues upon the computer waking.
- Poor quality audio when using some USB microphones in conjunction with a capture card
- Audio distortion with audio enabled on some capture cards
- Adaptive clips exported to Audition lose audio when channels are remapped.
- Channel mapping of 5.1 clips exported to Audition is sometimes incorrect
- Only the first audio channel of SonyRaw plays clips play when loaded into the Source monitor from Media Browser
- Crash with error message “[..\..\Src\Content\AudioSequenceContent.cpp-903]”
- Timecode for some DPX clips is not handled properly
- Premiere does not read correct start timecode from .mp4 files from some cameras
Merged Clips: “Reveal in Project” does not work with Merged Clips
- Media not relink-able after converting a project from CS6 to CS7: Error message “Cannot Link Media: The selected file cannot be linked because it has 2 audio channels and the clip was created with 1 audio channels”
- “Log Note” in Clip Metadata is lost after relinking
Sequence Settings: New Sequence from Clip: Some stereo clips yield a sequence with audio set to 10 Channel Mono
- The Timeline panel does not redraw correctly after audio keyframes are deleted.
- Relevant menu options are unavailable when an empty timeline has focus.
- Record Voice Over does not work when an Out point is set in Timeline
- New audio tracks initialize at minimum track height in cases where they should be expanded
- Crash on undoing a razor edit with with multiple clips selected, with error message “../Src/Sequence/PersistentGroup.cpp-108” or “../Inc/Sequence/TrackItemGroup.h-215”
- Upon flattening a multicam sequence, transitions are applied on the wrong layers. Can lead to crash with error message […Src\Sequence\Action\SequenceAddTransitionAction.cpp-57″.]
- “Extend Previous Edit”: command can result in incorrect media being used.
- Duplicate frame indicators are shown in Multicam edits where clips from different cameras have overlapping timecode
- When a given multicam sequence is already loaded in the Source monitor, the Match Frame command does not auto-select the correct camera
- Multicam project lost all multicamera source synchronization after re-recording cuts then save/reopen project
Sync by Audio
- When syncing by audio fails, user receives no notification
- If a track in the Timeline contains multiple copies of a source clip, then Synchronize by Audio can sync to wrong clip
- Syncing by audio can move audio track items that are on the same track in the Timeline but not selected
- When one of the selected track items is a nested sequence, Syncing by audio always moves other A/V clip.
Effects and Transitions
- Color at edges of crisp mattes is inverted (GPU acceleration only)
- Effects Panel: the Accelerated Effects badges are not displayed (Windows only)
- Error in the way dissolves are rendered with Composite in Linear Color is enabled
- Three-Way Color Corrector does not handle Levels correctly in GPU playback mode
- Clipping occurs with some color correction plugins at values greater that 1
Insert Sequence as Clips: If a sequence contains a layered PSD, App crashes upon inserting it into another sequence as clips [KEM roll]
Metadata: Crash during metadata refresh
- On tabbing with an uncommitted edit in the Markers panel, the Text Edit Control sometimes loses focus
- When playhead is on a clip marker, Clear Current Marker can instead delete a sequence marker
- Quicktime exports with embedded captions can have frame size problems when viewed in QT player 7 and Premiere
- if the project contains captions, project file size grows with each save.
Creative Cloud: CC Authentication is not remembered in some cases.