I think we have all had this experience – you go to a party, everyone is taking pictures and maybe a few are shared on Facebook but what happened to the rest? A lot of us here at Adobe can really relate to that- and that’s why we introduced Adobe GroupPix, a new mobile app for iOS. When you and your friends use GroupPix on your iPhone, all the pictures that everyone takes are saved to one shared album. During the event you can add comments, ‘like’ your faves, and view the photos as they’re being snapped. After the event’s over, you can add more pictures and view them on your iPhones or computers. GroupPix means you’ll never miss another great shot! Check it out. Download GroupPix to your iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-grouppix/id591490672?mt=8
Color Management while Printing has been one of the challenging areas which has been discussed a lot over user forums and has been a painful area in terms of clear understanding while taking print outputs.
Here is an easy-to-understand KB (Knowledge Base) article ‘Color management settings for the best print output’ to help you get the best from your printers using PSE and bridge that knowledge gap.
This article explains color management in Photoshop Elements, how to get better prints, and addresses some of the following issues like horizontal/vertical streaks in print output, too dark or too light print output, ICC profile problems and Color differences between prints from PSE and other applications.
The key section of Color Management in Editor (File->Print->More Options) includes:
For more information on other printing related issues, such as the printer is not detected or how to select paper type, and their troubleshooting steps please review Common issues and troubleshooting steps for Print.
Adobe® recently released Photoshop® Express on Windows 8 tablets, and is now available for download via Windows Store. Adobe® Photoshop® Express is a little app that packs big fun into every photo you take with your smartphone or tablet. Use easy editing options to fix flaws in your photos. Add some creative juice with eye-catching looks and effects. Upload to Adobe® Revel or share on Facebook.
Coupled with power pack features like basic editing, auto fix, effects there are two premiun features available to try and buy as in app purchase. The most exciting feature is import and export with Adobe® Revel making your photos accessible anywhere anytime acrosss all your devices.
Currently the app allows import of photos from Pictures Library, Adobe® Revel or directly from Camera.
Once you open the photo you would have access to array of great editing features:
Crop which includes Crop, Rotate, Flip, Straighten…
Correct which includes common adjustments like Contrast, Exposure, White Balance…
Looks which has a very cool collection of effects to give that wow to your photos. An addtional set of effects available as an in-app purchase…
Reduce Noise which minimizes unwanted grain and speckling in your photos available as an in-app purchase…
Upload to Adobe® Revel with power to import or export your photos with Photoshop® Express. Share to Facebook…
For more info visit Adobe® Photoshop® Express.
Today’s update to Creative Cloud is packed with features, reimagining the creative process through a new set of “CC” desktop applications and enhanced cross-device collaboration and publishing capabilities . Adobe also announced that the company will focus creative software development efforts on its Creative Cloud offering moving forward. More details info on press release here.
Also there have been major updates to Cloud in terms of :
- Desktop, Web and Mobile Access
- Integration With The World’s Leading Creative Community
- Synchronize, Store, Share and Collaborate
- Seamless Publishing
There have been host of new feature additions in other flagship products like Illustrator etc. For more info click here.
Adobe’s desktop apps, including Photoshop, were previously known as Creative Suite® (CS), and will now be branded CC to reflect that they are an integral part of Creative Cloud. Adobe Photoshop CC will be available, exclusively to Creative Cloud members, in June. The detailed press release can be found here.
New Features in Photoshop CC
- A fleet of new tools introduce the most advanced deblurring and sharpening technologies, new Camera Shake Reduction tool, all-new Smart Sharpen tool effects while producing high-quality results. With intelligent upsampling users can increase the size of an image – large enough for a billboard – without pixelating the image.
- Adobe Camera Raw 8 brings three new photo-editing capabilities to Photoshop CC. The Advanced Healing brush, new Radial Gradient and the Upright tool. Camera Raw edits can also be made to any layer or file within Photoshop CC.
- For designers, improvements to rounded rectangles add the ability to adjust corner radii at any time. Users can also now select multiple paths, shapes and vectors at once, providing a faster, easier workflow for working with multiple objects.
- Post files directly to Behance (Behance is the world’s leading online creative community, with over 1.4 million members) from Photoshop CC first Adobe desktop app to include the ability
- Photoshop CC includes all the Photoshop feature innovation delivered exclusively to Creative Cloud members over the last year, including: Smart Object support for Blur Gallery andLiquify effects, Conditional Actions, and CSS support for faster web design.
- Many more exciting features and details available here.