With EPS, Ai, and other allied file-format support being dropped from Photoshop Elements 11 (PSE11) some of us are probably wondering about how to open such files. You may be looking for known workarounds which would make your life easy when you browse all those great files of yours.
So, leave aside your worries, as, yes, there is a quick and simple workaround explained below on how you can open such file formats in PSE 11 Editor.
Files of type: Photoshop EPS or EPS Tiff Preview
- Click File->Open As (Windows) or File->Open (Mac).
- Choose your EPS file.
- Choose Tiff from Open As dropdown (Windows) or format dropdown (Mac).
- Click Open.
Files of type: Generic EPS (AI3, AI4, AI5, AI6, AI7, AI8, PS, EPS, AI, EPSF, EPSP)
*Would require older PSE version installed on machine.
- Quit Photoshop Elements 11.
- Copy the file ‘EPS Parser.8BY’ (Windows) or ‘EPS Parser.plugin’ (Mac) from:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [Version Number earlier than 11]\Locales\[Your Locale]\Plug-Ins\Parser
- Mac: //Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements [Version Number earlier than 11]/Support Files/Plug-Ins/Parsers
3. Paste the file in:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Plug-Ins
- Mac: //Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/Support Files/Plug-Ins
4. Restart Photoshop Elements 11.
Note: If you have installed PSE 11 on some other drive please navigate to respective drive location and perform above steps.