While printing with Photoshop Elements at times you face issues like ‘Unable to detect printer..’, ‘How to get borderless prints’ etc. and solving them without any clue might turn into nightmare for you. We have come up with a more enhanced Knowledge base (KB) article ‘Print FAQ | Photoshop Elements – Adobe‘ which addresses most of the common issues with troubleshooting issues and solutions to make sure our easy to use product helps you to achieve best print output.
This article on printing addresses some common issues faced while printing an image using Photoshop Elements like:
- Unable to detect printer or print command goes to scanner instead of printer
- How to get borderless prints
- How to change and customize print size for your prints
- Image is cropped/cut off from sides when printed
- How to get your image printed on full paper
- ICC profile errors (for example, ICC profile not found, ICC profile is corrupted or not matched)
- Photo package doesn’t fill the entire print area, or there’s white space within the print zone?
- Print Preview screen shows no gaps between images, or shows gaps, but does not print the same. Or, a vertical black line appears in print preview, but does not print.
- Caption, Date, and Filename information is cut off when chosen to print with the photo
- Caption, Date, and Filename information doesn’t automatically rotate when the image is rotated in the layout
- Controls for the Epson printer Easy Print Module doen’t appear in the Print dialog box
- When you use one of the embedded Easy Print Module printer controls, the ink color setting resets to Color
- Automatic adjustments that the printer driver offers for fixing red eye and contrast, and for enhancing digital flash don’t work in Photoshop Elements
- Crop marks don’t appear on photos that fill the entire page
- When I select CanoScan 8400F in the Photo Downloader, I see a “Connecting to Device…Wait” message, but nothing happens. Why is that?
For more information on color management settings while printing, such as Color Handling, Rendering Intent etc. please review Color management settings for the best print output.