Ever wondered how to give your images an artistic look with single click, within seconds. You can do this With the three new cool Cartoon Filters available in Adobe Photoshop Elements 11
Found in Filter menu > Sketch category are three new filters namely Comic, Graphic Novel and Pen & Ink, which can transform your normal images giving them an artist`s brush touch and all this without hassle and no professional learning giving even real artists a run for their dimes.
So, what are you waiting for? Launch PSE Editor and explore this cool new feature and share your hidden artistic talent with your friends and family. Some quick tips to add ‘wow’ to your final outputs:
- Resize your images to small size (Image->Resize-> Image Size or Alt + Ctrl/Cmd + I) preferably 1024*768 as the strokes thickness and effect really comes out well here.
- Convert your background image to layer. Duplicate layer and then click on one of the fliters to launch filter window.
- There are a host of settings to play around with and customize the effect. Once you are done with customization of various sliders, just before clicking OK, hit on Smooth (not available in Pen and Ink) to add a more clean polished layer on top of your output.
- After clicking Ok on the filter dialog box, try playing around with types of blending modes as shown below
- You can also try couple of other filters (Filter->Filter Gallery) over and above these to play around with your wild imagination of your artistic instincts.
- When done save (File->Save/Save As or Ctrl/Cmd + S) in your desired format and your artistic dream is ready to share.
Here are some of the ‘cartooned‘ outputs to give you glimpse of powerful yet easy to use feature:
Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco (Comic with Comic preset)
Mangi-Tungi Hills, India (Comic with SunnyDay preset)
(Comic with Comic preset)
(Graphic Novel with Painted Gray preset)
(Graphic Novel with Painted Gray preset and Luminosity blending mode)
17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA (Graphic Novel with Painted Gray preset and Luminosity blending mode)
Yosemite National Park (Comic with Comic preset)
Yosemite National Park (Graphic Novel with Painted Gray preset and Dissolve blending mode)