When we first buy any software we try to explore, use, and learn as much and as early as possible. With prolonged use we excel in our workflows and output.
Some of us use third-party plug-ins (mainly referred to as everything which may or may not be shipped with the product, either free or paid) to achieve some of the outputs. These help us in saving time in manual steps.
In time you may end up using many additional plug-ins. Once in a while, a plug-in gets corrupted, and makes the parent software unstable, or may even prevent the software from starting. At that point you might think of existence of any magic key which would skip loading of all these plug-ins and still launch the product with full functionality.
Review the below steps to skip loading of optional and third-party plug-ins with Photoshop Elements (PSE) Editor while launching:
- Quit Photoshop Elements Editor if already launched.
- Double-click on desktop icon for Adobe Photoshop Elements which launches the Welcome Screen.
- Press Shift, and in the Welcome Screen click Edit ( or Editor for older versions). Keep it pressed until you see this message:
4. Click [Yes] and your Photoshop Elements Editor will be launched without any optional and third-party plug-ins.
If a plug-in is causing issues:
If you suspect a specific third-party plug-in is causing issues with running PSE, you can remove it from here (I would recommend you move the file from the location below to a different one, and restart PSE to see if the issue is solved):
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [Version Number]\ Plug-Ins\
- Mac: //Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements [Version Number]/Support Files/Plug-Ins/