FAQ’s for Adobe Reader on Android

Q) Since the update to 10.4. , I am not able to see any page after first page , I see grey content after the content

A) This is fixed in our latest update , if you are still facing the issue please update Adobe Reader.

Q) How to delete previously viewed PDF files that are no longer needed?

A)  Launch Adobe Reader  -> On the File Browser “Documents” list , locate or “search” the PDF File you wish to delete -> Long press on the PDF file name and you should now see the option to delete.

Q) The app description on market says , Adobe Reader supports App to SDCard  but I cannot move reader to sdcard on my phone. What the heck!!

A) Adobe Reader does support app to sdcard . If you are unable to move it to sdcard , then it is quite possible that Adobe Reader was part of your system application ( or pre-bundled applications) . System applications or their updates cannot be moved to sdcard , this is by android design.

Q) How can I “GoTo” particular page? I don’t want to scroll through hundreds of pages in order to see the 900th page.

A) Once you open any document, touch on the screen of your phone and this should bring up a slider at the bottom of the screen.  This slider can be used to scrub to a particular page. The  image below demonstrates the

Q)  I don’t see a slider on touching the screen.

A)  Slider comes only for documents having more than 5 pages. If your document has more than 5 pages and you still don’t see it, report it to us at adobereader-android@adobe.com

Q) Market description says , your app supports  password protected document , but it does not allow me to enter username / password  to view my pdf.

A) Adobe Reader supports password protected document but not the DRM (Digital Rights management) protected ebooks. Your pdf ebook might be DRM protected and hence cannot be viewed in Adobe Reader.

Q) My query is still unresolved, what should I do?

A) Please write to adobereader-android@adobe.com

Android app on Google Play

45 Responses to FAQ’s for Adobe Reader on Android

1. kiz says:

Love the app. When is, Honeycomb/ICS optimization coming?

2. Robert says:

I don’t understand why the reader is missing the most important feature it could have: The ability to remember or bookmark a page. The application would be great for reading e-books, but if every time you leave the document it forgets what page it was on, then it’s of marginal use at best.

• Gaurav Jain says:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your request. This is one of the features we’re considering for a future update. Please stay tuned to this blog for updates.

-Gaurav

3. Adam says:

Its quite annoying and/or depressing to know that ‘Reflow’ functionality has been removed with the recent update. No one seems to care what users say about that in Android Market comment section so I’ll try here: any chance to bring it back? And why is it missing?

• vaibhavp says:

We do monitor android market comments and appreciate your feedback. We realize that reflow is an important feature for users and are trying our best to incorporate it in our next release. Thank you again for writing to us and rest assured that this request is one of the top priorities for us.

-vaibhav
      Adobe Reader Team.

4. Robert says:

Hi,
    I have bought a subscription on some e-magazines (encrypted format is PDF (Openfile)/DRM) and can’t read this magazines in my new android tablet with Adobe!
    There is no Openfile-plug in for android, what can I do?
    Regards
    Robert

• Gaurav Jain says:

Hi Robert,

Adobe Reader on Android does not support DRM. However, it does support other PDF protection features, such as password protected files and Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management.

Thanks,
      Gaurav

• Gia Murphy says:

Does Adobe have an Android App so I can read DRM ebooks? The Digital Editions supported devices page has some listed but not clear if that is that Device only or Android Application

I want to be able to read ebooks on a mobile device like I used to. Otherwise why bother buying in Adobe format. Will be forced to go to Kindle

5. simo says:

This application should reopen documents at the last page read. It’s annoying not being able to access a page directly by entering the page number. The slider gets much too sensitive with big documents.

6. Stan Ames says:

Documents to go will not read documents on my SD card. With android tablets having only minimal internal storage the SD card is bound to be where most documents are stored. What were the DTG developers thinking!!!
    Will android Adobe reader handle pdfs on the SD card?

• dgriffin says:

Yes, it should. Download us for free, give us a try, and let us know if anything doesn’t work for you!
      Dennis Griffin
      Adobe

7. Sean Y says:

Q) I can see several of my personal PDF files on the previous file list but cannot find it in “Temperoary Internet File” folder on a company computer running Win7. How can I DELETE the personal files from Adobe Reader X?

I tried the your suggestion and since I could not find the files it did not work. PLEASE HELP!!!!

————————————————————–

Q) How to delete previously viewed PDF files that are no longer needed?

A) Launch Adobe Reader -> On the File Browser “Documents” list , locate or “search” the PDF File you wish to delete -> Long press on the PDF file name and you should now see the option to delete.

————————————————————–

• dgriffin says:

Hello Sean,

From the text of your message, it appears that you are running Windows 7 on your desktop, and want to know how to delete files on Windows, but the FAQ you are reading is for how to manage files on Android.
      If you are on Windows, Adobe does not “keep” any PDF files at all, and you will need to locate the files in the Windows Explorer to delete them. To find out where the files are located, you can open one from the Recents list, choose file > properties, click on the Description tab, and you’ll see the location displayed.

Dennis

8. Sandeep says:

When I use Adobe Reader on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) and highlight or make any comments etc, if I copy the file to my computer, i do not see the changes. Is this how it is supposed to behave? If not, please let me know how to fix it.

• dgriffin says:

This is not how it is supposed to behave. I will follow up directly to get more information.

9. Don Kellett says:

I tried to delete pdf’s as described above, and it does not work on my Android 4.0 device, FInally had to use a file manager to get rid of the dam things! Not very slick. \I couldnot find any way to delete files in Adobe reader.

• dgriffin says:

Are you able to see the “Manage” option at all when you select “Documents” in the left hand side of the screen?
      What happens when you tap Manage?

10. amanda morgan says:

When I “long press”no option is given to me, when I finally let go it just opens the file like a regular tap! I need to delete some files, to much memory is being used up!plz help

• dgriffin says:

To delete documents, go to the “Documents” list, tap “Manage”, then you can select documents you want to delete, and tap the trashcan to delete them.

11. Phil Nathan says:

I know how to delete items on my android tablet, but for some reason the long pressure on adobe reader-documents – specific pdf doc, does not bring up “delete” on my Asus eee pad TF100. Not able to delete. Can you suggest solution? Thanks.

• dgriffin says:

Deleting documents is not done by long press.

12. Julio says:

Hi
    When I password edit-protect a pdf on my computer and send it to my android, I am not given the option to remove the password protection that stops me from editing the pdf. Any idea if this option will be out soon?

Thanks

• Gaurav Jain says:

Hi Julio,

The option to change security settings in a PDF are not planned currently in Adobe Reader on Android since we consider that to be an advanced option. Having said that, if and when we do consider that option, we would certainly keep you posted on this blog.

Thanks for your query.

Gaurav

13. Adee says:

This is a must have app . I want to know how to delete or modify recent document list which is coming on start up?
    Regards

14. Gin says:

I can’t delete pdf files on my htc inspire phone. I tried long press and nothing comes up for me to delete the files. I also don’t have the option “manage” on my document list. where can i find a way to delete pdf documents?

• vaibhavp says:

You would see the “manage” option in “Documents” list. Probably you are in “Recent” list and hence you are not seeing the option to delete. Ensure that you are on Android Reader version 10.3.2 , and trying to delete the documents from “Documents” list and not from Recent list.

15. Kevin Cole says:

Is there a way to have the Adobe Reader to have an icon on my phone’s home screen? As of now, the only way I know on how to open a pdf is to go all the way to my email, find the email with the attachment, then redownload the pdf just to view it. Or, I would use a file manager to find the file and open it up. I would like to have some sort of icon that opens Adobe Reader and to have it show all the pdfs I have so I can view the,. Thanks

• Gaurav Jain says:

Hi Kevin,

Adobe Reader does install an application icon on Android devices. Is the icon missing for you even in the Applications List, along with the Home Screen? If it is visible under Applications, you should be able to drag/drop it into Home Screen (for any app, btw) to create a shortcut.

Let us know if that works.

Regards,
      Gaurav Jain
      Engineering Manager, Adobe Reader for Smartphones and Tablets

16. c bradshaw says:

I have the same issue. It does not show up on my application list nor on my home screen. I can only find the app by searching my phone for it.

• dgriffin says:

It appears that some carriers are modifying the configurations to remove the App Icon from the applications list. We are working with them and our OEM partners to stop this, since it is causing problems for our users. I cannot predict when this will be resolved. We are, however, changing our OEM licensing terms to disallow this specific installation configuration for future bundles.

17. Sara Garib says:

Unable to delete from pdf file on android

18. Merideth says:

How can i rotate pdf files in samsung notebook GT N8000

• dgriffin says:

Reader for Android does not include options to rotate the document, but some devices allow you to quickly lock orientation, allowing you to rotate your device.

19. monica says:

I erased a file on Adobe reader on my android phone.. I believe it was “dcim”… The point is now I can’t see my pictures.. files are missing… I could only see downloaded pictures? Did i delete them permanetly? How can I get them back? Please help.. I’m dying :(

• dgriffin says:

I think that what you actually did was selected and deleted the folder that your camera uses to store pictures.
      I don’t know how to get deleted files back from your device.

20. Elena says:

Hi, I’ve just installed Adobe Reader in my Android and I want to delete the desktop shortcut on the desktop, but I’m not able. I can delete any other shortcut except for this one, can you help me? Thanks.

21. Sudhanshu says:

Is there an option of persistent highlight, or a quicker way to start highlighting? Currently it takes 3 taps to start highlighting and it shuts off after one single highlight.

22. Rex says:

Hi,
    I am using an Samsung Galaxy Tablet (android) with Adobe Reader V 10.5.2
    Sometimes highlighting the sentence is challenging and you make a mistake. I haven’t found a way to undo this.

Maybe I am missing something but I see no way to erase highlighting or to “undo” for that matter.
    Any help?
    Thanks,
    Rex

• dgriffin says:

If you tap the highlight, you should see a context menu that allows you to clear the highlighting