Adobe Reader for Android (10.3.2) update

We recently released Adobe Reader for Android update, version 10.3.2, on the Google Play Store. This update includes a number of bug fixes, so we encourage you to go ahead and update. And as always, keep the feedback coming!

Gaurav Jain
Engineering Manager
Adobe Reader for Smartphones and Tablets

24 Responses to Adobe Reader for Android (10.3.2) update

1. sue hedges says:

It’s been a month since using acrobat reader, and I did the update to 10.3.2
    When I go to “PDF documents” it says there are none. When I went to folder view, it showed nothing. I have a Toshiba Tablet. It shows recent, but only after I separately go into my system’s file manager.
    How do I get all PDF to show. Before the upgrade I had no issue with getting all PDF to show thru Reader.
    I love the add text capability also the highlight-underline as well..

How can I get the highlight to highlight on specific words or phrases? It seems that it wants to do one line or all the words in between punctuation.
    Thanks for any pointers you can give

• Gaurav Jain says:

Hi,

Thanks for your query. Could you share a screenshot of the issue you’re facing with files not being listed in either view in Adobe Reader? Also, could you share a test file that we can use to investigate the highlight issue? You can post your test file at adobereader-android@adobe.com.

Thanks,
      Gaurav

2. Steve says:

Hi,

I have kind of the same issue.
    In “Documents”, in “all pdf” display mode i see nothing.
    But in folder view mode i see my pdf files.

Nexus 7, Adobe Reader 10.3.2

Thanks

• Gaurav Jain says:

Hi Steve,

Could you check with the latest Adobe Reader 10.4 update on the Android Play Store and let us know if you still see the issue you reported?

Thanks,
      Gaurav

3. NADIA SCHEWTSCHENKO says:

I am able to open and view an Adobe pdf file on my SAMSUNG FOCUS. I am unable to email this file as an attachment. Only to view, and delete. I go to ZUNE and only my other files appear…photo, documents, but no adobe pdf. This is most frustrating. HELP….

4. Phan says:

I’ve been using the reader and love it. I was using all the markup functions, especially the highlighting and freehand. Although, the highlighting function stopped working, although inconsistently from doc to doc. I updated to 10.3.2, and now i am unable to highlight on ANY doc.

would love to know if there is a bug, or if it is my settings or user error.

thanks!

• dgriffin says:

This shouldn’t be happening for you. The change we made in 10.3.2 was very minor, and unrelated to the commenting code.
      What exactly do you see happening? Is it only text highlighting that isn’t working?

You can send an email to adobereader-android@adobe.com describing the problem, and with a sample file as an attachment, and we can take a look into the issue.

Dennis

5. Paul says:

I’m using the latest update for Adobe Reader on my Samsung Note 10.1 and the problem I’m running in to is undoing an accidental highlight, as well as trying a single word highlight.

Thanks in advance!

• dgriffin says:

To undo an accidental highlight, you should be able to tap the highlight, and then choose “Clear” from the context menu that appears to delete it.

And we are looking at a bug regarding highlighting entire lines in some documents, but don’t have a date for when that fix will be available.

6. Rendering device: Motorola Razr MAXX running Android 4.0.4
    Adobe Reader: Ver 10.4.2 Build 69805

Problems: In text reflow mode, does not render or interpret correctly.
    Examples: Page breaks at unexpected places, loss of paragraph delineation at many places, font a very unpleasant scratchy something or other, and in general is unsatisfactory compared to the rendering that the pdf reader in the Quickoffice 5.0.109 app provides. Let me know and I will forward an example file for your tech folks to use.

7. Taylor Cannon says:

When using adobe reader on my Motorola Xoom I can highlight on some PDF files but not all. is there an update that I do not yave , currently I am running 10.5.

• dgriffin says:

In the files you cannot highlight, can you select the text? It may be that the PDFs you cannot highlight are scans of documents, rather than text.

8. Lisa says:

I downloaded this to my Nexus 7 recently and for some reason the default view is ‘page view’. I can toggle back and forth between that and ‘reading view’ but none of the other features show up (I can’t highlight, underline, etc). It only seems to happen when I access my pdfs via my file manager tho as everything is fine when I access them via adobe. Has my file manager selected a different viewing default? Or, more likely, did I without realising it at time? Any ideas on how to reset the default viewing option?

thanks!

9. Ly says:

Hello, I have a nexus 10 and downloaded the adobe reader app. I can do everything except highlighting. I am so frustrated and sad over this. When I click highlight, nothing happen. I try holding my finger… Nothing… Help me,please!

• dgriffin says:

You may have a document that is a Scan, not a text document. Or the document may be locked. We cannot add comments to Locked documents.

10. precious says:

Pls hw can I download adober reader on my phon

• rahulban says:

You should be able to download Adobe reader from Google play for Android device or from itunes store for iOS devices.

-Rahul

11. Ghania Sohail says:

I am using a 7-inch, android based midphone. I have installed Adobe reader on my midphine but when I open my PDF files it says “The document can not be opened because it is not a valid PDF format.” but I used to read the same PDF books in my mother’s HTC wildfire S and there was no problem. Please Help me.

12. Lee Busenbark says:

I need to be able to highlight non word items, such as a line or a box. The current versions only allow for text to be highlighted.

• rahulban says:

This is as designed and at this point we are not planning to add this capability to Adobe Reader for Mobile devices.