Camera Raw 8.6 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC. This release improves performance when batch processing images, both through the Save button in Camera Raw and when converting images to DNG in the DNG Converter. DNG Converter 8.6 is provided for customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.
As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes. The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.6
|Canon||Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM|
|Canon||Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E|
|Canon||Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 – 5.6|
|Nikon||Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N|
|Pentax||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Phase One A/S||Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 28mm f/2.8|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II|
|Sony E||Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M|
Please note – the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release. The workaround is to:
- Manually select the profile and choose “Save New Lens Profile Defaults” in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
Camera Raw 8.6 adds camera matching color profiles for the following camera models:
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
Camera Raw 8.6 introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:
- Improved performance when batch processing images via the Save button (in Camera Raw) and when converting images to DNG (in DNG Converter). The performance improvements are available only on 64 bit systems.
- Fixed crash on launch in some cases on Hi DPI (Retina) systems.
- Fixed crash when opening some Sigma SD9 raw files.
- Fixed issue with JPEG images saved by Camera Raw not readable in some external applications.
- Fixed automatic lens profile selection for Leica M (Typ 240) when using most recent firmware version.
- Fixed issue with some Hasselblad H5D-50c and H5D-60 3FR raw images appearing slightly too dark. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review previously captured images for unexpected brightness changes.
- Fixed bug with converting Nikon D810 and Nikon D4S sRaw files to DNG.
- Tweaked and updated the Adobe Standard color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers that used Camera Raw 8.6 RC with the Nikon D810.
Please note – If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:
DNG Converter 8.6
Share on Facebook