Camera Raw 8.4 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.
The release for Photoshop CC provides new features including new preview controls, red eye correction for pets and updates to Local Corrections. In addition, this release also includes bug fixes, support for new cameras and new lenses.
As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes. The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC.
DNG Converter 8.4 is provided for customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.
Camera Raw 8.4 and DNG Converter 8.4 will not work on Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OSX 10.6.
Photoshop CS6 customers on Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) will not be affected and will continue to receive updated camera support through future ACR 8.x dot releases.
Features (Photoshop CC):
Updates to the Preview Controls. The main idea is a simple “Before/After” set of image settings. Details:
- The Preview checkbox has been replaced by three buttons in the bottom-right of the ACR main dialog. From left to right, they are:
- Mode: Click this button to cycle through left/right and top/bottom side- by-side and split-view modes. Click-and-hold this button to bring up a popup menu for directly choosing Preview modes and accessing the Preview Preferences. Keyboard shortcut: Press Q to cycle through the Preview modes.
- Swap: Click this button to swap Before/After settings. Keyboard shortcut: Press P to swap Before/After settings for the primary selected image only; press Shift-P to swap Before/After settings for all selected images.
- Copy: Click this button to copy the After settings to the Before settings. This is useful for establishing a temporary “checkpoint” for your image editing session. Keyboard shortcut: Press Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for the primary selected image only. Press Shift- Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for all selected images.
- The After preview image always reflects the current slider and tool settings (White Balance, Exposure, etc.).
- The standard single-image view always shows the After state.
- In the side-by-side and split-view modes, the Before settings are always shown on the left or top, and the After settings are always shown on the right or bottom.
- The Preview Preferences dialog supports customizing the Preview modes used for cycling and some drawing options.
- When using any tool other than Zoom and Pan (hand) in a side-by-side or split- view, changes are only allowed on the After view. Using the Crop tool will put you back into the standard single-image mode.
- Zooming and panning on one view will automatically zoom and pan the other. Pet Eye correction: The Red Eye tool can now correct bright pupils in animals. Details:
- Select ‘Pet Eye’ from the new drop down menu in the Red Eye tool to fix pet eyes.
- Add catchlights to Pet Eye corrections using the ‘Add Catchlight’ checkbox (enabled by default).
- Reposition catchlights to create a more natural look by dragging within the overlay that surrounds the catchlight.
Changes to Local Corrections:
- Added a mechanism to quickly reset all local correction sliders (Temperature, Exposure, etc.) to zero: right-click on a local adjustment pin and choose “Reset Local Correction Settings” from the context menu. Another way is to click on a local adjustment pin, and then choose “Reset Local Correction Settings” from the flyout menu.
- Added “Fill Image” to context menu for Radial Filter. Right-click on a radial filter adjustment pin and choose “Fill Image” from the context menu to resize the radial filter to cover the image area. (Shortcut: double-click inside the ellipse overlay for a radial filter adjustment to accomplish the same task.)
- Added “Check All” and “Check None” buttons to Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. These are shortcuts for checking all/none of the check boxes.
- Added keyboard shortcut: When using the Crop Tool or Straighten Tool, press the X key to flip the crop aspect ratio (landscape to portrait, portrait to landscape).
- Added explanatory note to Lens Correction “Profile” panel to indicate when built- in (metadata-based) lens profiles are automatically applied to the image.
Added context menu to Histogram pane. The context menu can be used to enable Lab color readouts, even when the Workflow Options are set to another color space (such as Adobe RGB). The context menu and also be used to toggle the shadow, highlight, and gamut clipping warnings.
Added Camera Matching color profiles (PROVIA/STANDARD, Velvia/VIVID, ASTIA/SOFT, MONOCHROME, etc.) for the following Fujifilm cameras:
- Fujifilm X-A1
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Fujifilm X-S1
- Fujifilm X-T1
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
- Fujifilm X10
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm XF1
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X100
- Fujifilm X100S
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.4
- Canon EOS 1200D (REBEL T5, KISS X70)
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II (*)
- Casio EX-100
- DJI Phantom
- Fujifilm X-T1
- Hasselblad H5D-50c
- Hasselblad HV
- Nikon 1 V3 (*)
- Nikon COOLPIX P340
- Nikon D3300
- Nikon D4S
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 (*)
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS40 (DMC-TZ60, DMC-TZ61)
- Phase One IQ250
- Samsung NX mini (*)
- Samsung NX30
- Sony Alpha a5000 (ILCE-5000)
- Sony Alpha a6000 (ILCE-6000)
* denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.4
|Apple||Apple iPhone 5c|
|Canon||Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM|
|Canon||Canon EF 200-400mm f/4 L IS USM EXT|
|Canon||Canon EF-S 18-55mm /3.5-5.6 IS STM|
|Canon||Canon EF-S 25-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II|
|Canon||Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM A013|
|Canon||Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 ZE|
|DJI||Phantom Vision FC200 (for raw files)|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 VR|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED|
|Nikon||Nikon COOLPIX P340|
|Nikon||SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013|
|Nikon||Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 ZF.2|
|Sigma||SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013|
|Sony E||Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS|
|Sony FE||Sony FE 24-70 f/4 ZA OSS|
|Sony FE||Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 20mm F2.8|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 24mm F2 ZA SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 35mm F1.4 G|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 35mm F1.4 G|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 50mm F1.4|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 50mm F1.4 ZA|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA|
Bugs Corrected in Camera Raw 8.4
- Fix bug that prevented opening Nikon D800/D800E raw images shot with a DX lens in Live View Video mode.
- Grain effect now varies from image to image to facilitate editing time-lapse and video frame sequences.
- When applying Grain, occasionally vertical artifacts would appear along the bottom edge of a photo.
- Occasionally Bridge CC would exit abruptly when browsing TIFF images.
- Enabled Mac 32bit support so APD in Bridge is now functioning
- Fix incorrect white balance behavior for Nikon D3100 raw files when using Camera Matching color profiles.
DNG Converter 8.4:
Share on Facebook