As promised in my previous post, you will find details below to run the MAX 2009 lab titled ‘LiveCycle for Service Orchestration’ on your own environment. Obviously this requires some preparation on your end and we assume your environment is Windows 2003 (the lab has not been tested and/or deployed on any other environment):
- Install LiveCycle ES2 JBoss Turnkey on your environment. Visit the Adobe prerelease site in case you don’t have the prerelease version
- Install Acrobat 9.x on your environment
- Install Eclipse (the ‘Ganymede’ version)
- Install MySQL 5.x Tools (note that the MySQL database server itself comes with the LiveCycle ES prerelease)
- Install Baretail in case you want to monitor your log files
Share on Facebook
After you have installed all required software, take the LabFiles.zip and unzip the contents to your C:\ drive. You will see a MAX09L34 folder containing all the required lab files and a medicalcheck.sql file that you can use within MySQL Browser (part of the MySQL Tools) to create the database used in the lab.Finally, you need the the LiveCycle ES for Service Orchestration Lab Instructions.pdf.Warning: you might run into issues one way or another; there is no way we can control the lab environment as we did for MAX 2009. But in case you’re stuck, let me know and I will try to help you out.