On the heels of a very successful eLearning session I did on the new User Interface in Adobe FrameMaker 9, I’m posting information about the next live eLearning session, this time on the new features in Adobe Captivate 4.
Whether you have already purchased Captivate 4 standalone, or as part of the new eLearning Suite, or version 2 of the Technical Communication Suite, or are testing the trial version, I’m confident you will find this session worthwhile, so I look forward to seeing you there.
In Adobe Captivate 4, we added a long list of new features and I’ve gotten a ton of emails from customers asking where they can find these new features, and thus the reason for this eLearning session, to help you understand the new functionality and to learn where these new features are.
As always, no registration is required, but please keep in mind that my Connect Pro room only handles 400 people, so please log in as early as 30 minutes before the start time and the Virtual Classroom doors will close promptly at 10am PST to avoid distractions.
Here are the specifics and what we will cover during this two hour live eLearning session:
When: Friday, March 6, 2009 at 10:00am Pacific Time
Login instructions: Please click the link above as early as 30 minutes before the start time, enter as Guest, type your Full Name and click Enter Room. For the audio portion of the meeting, you will need to turn on your computer speakers and adjust the volume appropriately. I will conduct a series of audio tests as participants begin to join. Click here to make sure your system is properly configured to participate in this eLearning session via Acrobat Connect Pro.
One more thing to do is to make sure you have the latest Flash Player installed, because the session will include practice simulation in the Flash format. Click here to install the latest Flash Player.
Duration: 120 minutes to accommodate questions, but it’s likely to end before. Right-click here and save this MS Outlook iCalendar of the meeting on your Calendar.
Session Description: This eLearning session will cover the following topics:
- Exploring the new Splash Screen and all the new Captivate Preferences
- Navigating the new Adobe AIR-based Online Help System
- Understanding the new Software Simulation Recording options, and the new Panning
- Working with the new Project Templates, Placeholders and Design Templates
- How to link PowerPoint files dynamically, and how to change them from within Captivate 4
- Sending Captivate 4 Projects for Review using Adobe AIR
- Understanding the new Text-to-Speech feature for automatically converting your slide notes to speech
- Implementing Variables and Advanced Actions into your Captivate 4 Projects and Templates
- What are Flash Widgets and how to use the included Widgets
- Adding a Table of Contents to your Captivate 4 projects
- Aggregating multiple Captivate projects into a single cohesive deliverable
- Understanding the new Expanded Output options, including publishing to .AVI and .PDF
- Importing native Photoshop (.PSD) files and animating each Photoshop Layer individually in the Captivate timeline
- Understanding the long list of new usability enhancements, including, right-click simulation, single-SWF publishing, inline editing of text captions, the new drawing toolbar and more…
- Understanding the extended functionality you get in the enhanced version of Captivate 4 in the Adobe eLearning Suite
I’m looking forward to this eLearning session and I hope to see you there!