By RJ Jacquez. Follow him on Twitter @rjacquez
tweetmeme_url = ‘http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2009/05/51109_weekly_wrapup_rjacquez_o_1.html';
tweetmeme_source = ‘rjacquez';
Two months ago, I joined Twitter
with much skepticism, and for a week or so, I decided to follow some people I admired and watched the masters at work, then I jumped in. Today I can honestly say that
Twitter’s simplicity, conciseness, and real-time approach to social communication has changed my life as an Adobe Evangelist.
Twitter has enabled me to have great conversations with my customers and in many cases answer their Adobe software questions in 140 characters or less. Throughout the day I can share useful tips and tricks about the products in my two suites, as well as answer questions pertaining to other apps.
I spend most of my days on the phone and in virtual presentations with our customers and whenever applicable, I send tweets about frequently asked questions and other useful lessons I learn from these conversations.
Twitter also allows me to share upcoming live eSeminars and useful how-to recordings, which enables our users to get the most out of our products.
And finally, I follow lots of smart people on Twitter and you’ll often see me Retweet (RT) useful information and resources, which I find beneficial to my followers.
Don’t get me wrong, I also enjoy blogging, but these are all things I could never have time to put on my blog, especially in real-time.
Having said that, if you find these tweets interesting, please consider following me @rjacquez, and I promise to make it worth your while.
Finally, I want to make the experience fun and rewarding, so I will be hosting a live Virtual Event when I reach 1,000 followers, where I will be doing a drawing and the grand prize will be a full version of one of the products (winner chooses) in my two Suites, eLearning Suite and Technical Communication Suite, for one lucky winner. I will announce more details as I get closer to 1,000 followers.
Here’s a weekly wrapup of what happened the week of 5/11/09:
News and Announcements:
- Times Reader 2.0 is now live, http://bit.ly/zIO0f. I beta tested it and it’s simply awesome! Time permitting, I may do a video review later.8:42 AM May 11th from TweetDeck
- Inspired by Times Reader 2, I updated my own Adobe AIR-based Help sample app via RoboHelp, pls download & send feedback, http://bit.ly/ils0C2:10 PM May 15th from TweetDeck
- Just did a short video tour recording (14min) of NYT Times Reader 2.0 based on Adobe AIR, here’s the link and please RT, http://bit.ly/SB3B012:34 PM May 11th from TweetDeck
- Here’s the form if you are interested in participating in the Beta program for Adobe Captivate for Mac, http://bit.ly/dw9BT4:07 PM May 13th from TweetDeck
- Huge performance boost in Flash CS4 10.0.2, noticed Learning Interactions in eLearning Suite much faster, http://bit.ly/XKZgv. Help>Updates9:30 AM May 14th from TweetDeck
- Have started Twittering in Spanish, too @rjacquezEspanol. Para seguirme en Twitter en Español usa @rjacquezEspanol.3:11 PM May 11th from TweetDeck
- New Post “NYT launches Times Reader 2.0,” http://bit.ly/13PO7a. See also “Building AIR-based Help in Adobe RoboHelp,” http://bit.ly/EvH1b8:38 PM May 11th from TweetDeck
- For those wanting a tutorial on the new features in Adobe Captivate 4, here’s a recording, http://bit.ly/JqOPK10:21 AM May 14th from TweetDeck
- For those needing a tutorial on the new interface in Adobe FrameMaker 9, here’s a recording, http://bit.ly/3hlDf6about 9 hours ago from TweetDeck
- As an alternative to emailing the Adobe Captivate 4 Reviewer app to Reviewers, send them to this download page, http://bit.ly/bcFPJabout 24 hours ago from TweetDeck
- If you are creating AIR apps and need a quick way to generate icons for it, use Icon Generator, http://bit.ly/1e93t4:04 PM May 14th from TweetDeck
- For those who attended my Webinar this am and asked about getting the Map (swf) I used in Connect Pro, here you go, http://bit.ly/687F43:40 PM May 13th from TweetDeck
- RT @EB_Arts: Review: Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2 | Adobe has been at the forefront of media…http://tinyurl.com/djkfqz8:37 AM May 13th from TweetDeck
- Lots of questions on where’s the Text-to-Speech Captivate 4 feature in the trial? It’s the link below language menu, http://bit.ly/JHkfQ2:58 PM May 12th from TweetDeck
- Just on the phone with someone who asked about PDF data Collections via Forms, here’s a great how-to video tutorial, http://bit.ly/nZnvN.2:04 PM May 12th from TweetDeck
- Excellent post by Ashima Gupta, on “Automating style checks using SDL AuthorAssistant in Adobe FrameMaker 9″ http://bit.ly/IsjZI8:10 PM May 11th from TweetDeck
- Great review by Geetesh Bajaj on the Adobe eLearning Suite, http://bit.ly/a5WZY. C also Introducing eLearning Suite vid, http://bit.ly/A5anl4:09 PM May 11th from TweetDeck
Tips & Tricks:
- Tip: when delivering Online Presentations, use two computers, the second one for VoIP, recording, C what people see and, switching layouts.11:14 AM May 12th from TweetDeck
- @ron_miller By default, Paste is set to OLE. Change the maker.ini file so that RTF is first for “ClipboardFormatsPriorities= RTF…” entry3:41 PM May 14th from TweetDeck in reply to ron_miller
- As Best Practice, when sharing your screen Virtually, always set your resolution to 1024 x 768, it gives your viewers the best experience!2:55 PM May 14th from TweetDeck
- People always ask me how to add XML data in Captivate using Flash? Check out this post by Mark Fletcher, http://bit.ly/CUoEI. Kudos, Mark!6:18 PM May 11th from TweetDeck
- Personal Tip for new Twitter users, sign up, follow people you admire, sit back and learn from them, then jump in and Tweet away.2:30 PM May 14th from TweetDeck
- Customer asked if possible to change default syntax for auto-text captions in Adobe Captivate. Yes, edit “CaptureTextTemplates_English.rdl”1:16 PM May 14th from TweetDeck
Compelling ReTweets (RTs):
- RT @captncaptivate: Captivate 4 Variables defined! This will save some time. http://bit.ly/4KOSYabout 22 hours ago from TweetDeck
- Amazing Indeed! RT 29 Updates, 10,011 Followers – To take up twitter at 104! Amazing @IvyBean104 !!! (via @mfubib)about 1 hour ago from Twitterrific in reply to mfubib
- RT @barbbinder: Yay @peachpit/Adobe Press! Adobe FrameMaker 9 Classroom in a Book 08/17/09. Way easier 2 sell classes when we have books.about 22 hours ago from TweetDeck
- RT @Stevehoward999 -Job: Atlanta: Instructional technologist. Need someone to code eLearning – Authorware/Flash/Flex experience preferred.9:49 AM May 16th from TweetDeck
- Awesome! RT @ron_miller: happy to report that the Frame/RoboHelp integration is working great and I’ve built a nice little help system. Yay!2:04 PM May 15th from TweetDeck
- For daily news, it doesn’t get any better than “News in Pictures” in the Times Reader. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand wordsabout 23 hours ago from TweetDeck
- Very impressive how STC.org has embraced Social Media, first Twitter during #stc09, now YouTube channel, http://bit.ly/9sqQk. (via @CharJTF)9:37 AM May 13th from TweetDeck
- Have you tried Twoogle, which searches both Twitter and Google side-by-side? Pretty cool! http://twoogle.browsys.com/7:27 PM May 12th from TweetDeck
- To @NYTimesComm, Times Reader 2.0 Feature Request: I’m enjoying the experience, but please consider “highlight search results.” Thoughts?9:17 AM May 12th from TweetDeck
- @mfubib life is exceptionally great in Adobe land, wouldn’t want to be anywhere else 16 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to mfubib