A Sneak Peek of Adobe Captivate for Mac

I’m currently in San Jose, CA, attending Adobe Learning Summit 09 and DevLearn 09 and yesterday, in one of my sessions, I showed a sneak peek of the much anticipated Adobe Captivate for Mac software. The session went really well and I wanted to share publicly the same demonstration I provided.

tweetmeme_url = ‘http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2009/11/a_sneak_peek_of_adobe_captivat.html’;
tweetmeme_source = ‘rjacquez’;

I hope you like it and incidentally, I have announced on Twitter that I will be giving away a free copy of Adobe Captivate for Mac when it becomes available to one of my followers, which I will randomly pick when I reach 2,000 followers.  To participate, all you have to do is follow me @rjacquez. If you are already following me, no need to do anything else.

Click the image below to launch the recording:

,,,,,

12 Responses to A Sneak Peek of Adobe Captivate for Mac

1. sime says:

Any chance the captivate for mac will be able to export as an iphone app (with or without the use of Flash CS5 – http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashcs5/appsfor_iphone/ ) Be cool to be able to create learning interactions/demos as an app.

2. I’m thrilled to hear Captivate for Mac is alive – with the beta tester solicitation announced way back in May the lack of recent news had me worried.I really want to see this preview, but I can’t get the recording to play in either Safari or Firefox. Anyone else having any luck?

3. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment and I’m glad you are excited, too.I just tested the recording in both browsers you mentioned and both worked. Please make sure you have the latest Flash Player and try again. You can get it here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/RJ

4. Wheat says:

This is a really great peek at the new UI. It looks like a very big improvement over the current version. And, as someone who uses Windows and Mac, I’m very excited about seeing a Mac version in the near future. Thanks for the preview!

5. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Wheat, thank for watching the sneak peek and I’m glad you are excited about the UI, too. We are working really hard on this version of Captivate. Thanks again for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it.RJ Jacquez

6. k laird says:

I’m really looking forward to this coming out soon. I develop a ton of training videos for courses I teach using software for the Mac. The interaction provided with Captivate for Mac will increase the learning scale for my students ten fold.

7. kerina says:

I’m also looking forward to this release! So exciting! Glad to see it moving forward!

8. Clint Blasingame says:

This is so awesome. I can take windows off my mac now! I love the new UI that matches the other ADOBE apps.

9. Jim says:

I’m a latecomer but can’t wait for this to come out. This whole Parallel/Windows thing is driving me batty. The video was a great preview!

10. Brian Stevenson says:

I have been excited for this since I saw the announcement back in May. I’d love to get my hands on this asap!

11. tj says:

Will this be coming out as part of CS5 in the next 18 days?

12. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi TJ, thanks for your comment. At this point, all announcements and news are specific to Adobe Creative Suite 5 and not related in any way to Adobe Captivate. Thanks again.RJ Jacquez