Twitter for Technical Communicators: Recording now Available

Yesterday (11/03/09) Christie Fidura and I hosted an eSeminar entitled Twitter 101 for Technical Communicators, and I’m happy to report that we had a great turn out and it went very well.

tweetmeme_url = ‘http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2009/11/twitter_for_technical_communic.html’;
tweetmeme_source = ‘rjacquez’;

I started the eSeminar making a case for why Twitter is the perfect platform for Technical Communicators.  Here are some reasons I listed:

• Twitter is the perfect platform for you to become an Information Facilitator
  • Twitter gets you closer to your end-users
  • Twitter gives you unbiased feedback about your products and services
  • Twitter enables you to drive traffic to your documentation
  • Twitter can raise your corporate visibility
  • Twitter enables you to follow conferences without being there
  • Twitter is an essential business tool
  • Twitter enables you to discover new information
  • Twitter is Simple: Anyone can follow you and you can follow anyone else
  • Twitter is FUN

I also shared my personal reasons why I use and love Twitter.

If you missed Twitter 101 for Technical Communicators, or want to watch it again, heres’ the recording.

TIP: I typically set my desktop resolution to 1024 x 768 for best recording results, however because I was showing apps, which require high resolution, you will notice some distortion in the demonstration part of the recording. Something you may want to try is to click the “Scroll” button at the bottom left of the Connect Pro window, which will help you zoom in closer and follow the action around the presenter’s mouse.  To the right is what the button looks like in all Connect Pro recordings.

Related Blog Post(s):

,,,,

8 Responses to Twitter for Technical Communicators: Recording now Available

1. Ed Martino, PhD says:

Very interesting presentation and creative use of Twitter. I have forwarded the link and some additional Twitter info to senior management for their review. Thanks RJ!

2. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Ed, thank you for watching it and I’m glad you found it useful. Let me know what your management thinks of these ideas.Sincerely,RJ Jacquez

3. Monika Gause says:

Thanks so much for this presentation. It was very helpful.

4. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Monika, thank you for watching this recording and for taking the time to leave a comment. Glad you found it useful!Sincerely,RJ Jacquez

5. Sujith says:

Thanks for this excellent presentation. I personally believe that Twitter is going to play a very important role in TC. If any of my TW friends ask me what Twitter is, I will point them to this link. Thanks RJ!Regards,Sujith

6. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Sujith, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and I agree with you regarding the impact Twitter is and will play on Technical Communication. I’m glad to see so many TWs embracing Social Media.Sincerely,RJ Jacquez

7. Michael Opsteegh says:

I finally got around to watching this recording. Wish I had done it last month. Thanks for all the useful information and insights, RJ!

8. Hi RJ, currently I’m working on my bachelor thesis on TC in Germany and the UK. One of the main topics will be “social media” in TC. I’ve seen that you gave a presentation at last year’s TCUK: What’s your assessment? To what extent will it affect TC, espacially in the UK?Sincerely,Katrin