In the previous post, I started a conversation on how Adobe Captivate 5 is integrating and leveraging the free services of Acrobat.com for sharing projects with others, as well as for publishing, reporting and tracking Quiz results without the need for a Learning Management Systems (LMS).

tweetmeme_url = ‘http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2010/05/publishing_tracking_and_report.html’;

In this post, I’d like to continue the thread by share with you the fundamentals of how Adobe Captivate 5 users will be able to deliver eLearning courses and track the Quiz results through Acrobat.com, using a free Adobe AIR application.

Furthermore, because Adobe AIR applications work on PCs, Macs and Linux boxes, to make it interesting, I used a PC with Captivate 5 to create the course and then switched to a Mac to show how to track the Quiz results.

In case you haven’t, I highly recommend that you watch the previous video on Acrobat.com 101 for Adobe Captivate users first before yo watch this new one.

I hope you enjoy this new feature and do share with me if you are planning on using this new functionality. Please send me a Tweet @rjacquez.

Click the image below to launch the video (12min) in a new window.

See Also:

If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your Twitter followers by clicking the
pre-populated ReTweet button.

22 Responses to Publishing, Tracking and Reporting Quiz Results in Adobe Captivate 5, no LMS required [VIDEO]

1. This would be great it is wasn’t for the fact that the end user has to login to Acrobat.com in order to submit the results. That should be optional. There is no technical reason for requiring this!While I need an LMS-less option, I would never run my users through having to create an account on a third party website in order to complete a course.

2. Claudiu says:

To @rjacquezI like very much your prezentation about Captivate 5 and other eLearnng tools. I am looking to your blog start from 1 May and I didn’t miss any prezentation. Great. All the best.Claudiu M.

3. gavin says:

Niceone! just watched your presentation. one question – does the report include which questions you got wrong?thanks

4. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Gavin, thank you for your comment and regarding your question, the report ‘does’ show correct and incorrect answers. Someone also asked on Twitter and I replied with this screen shot: http://yfrog.com/fvvdmgThanks again,RJ Jacquez

5. Marjorie Torres says:

Great video! Two questions:1. The user needs an Adobe account to access the quiz and also for their name to appear in the report. Is this correct?2. Is there a limit to the number of users that can take the quiz?

6. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Marjorie, thank you for your comments.You are correct, the learner needs to be identified and thus needs to enter his/her Acrobat.com ID and password. As for the number of learners that can participate, there’s no limit.Thanks again,RJ Jacquez

7. Wanda Simpson says:

Are you able to run customized reports like per course or per student? We have an LMS, but I like the flexibility of Acrobat.

8. RJ Jacquez says:

Thanks for your comment, Wanda. The Quiz Analyzer app allows you to export the results to a .CSV format, which means that it’s easy to customize the data into various types of reports, including courses and students, too.Sincerely,RJ Jacquez

9. RJ Jacquez says:

Thank you for your positive feedback, I really appreciate that, Claudiu!RJ Jacquez

10. RJ Jacquez says:

Colin, thank you for your comment. As I have replied to similar comments before, we needed a way to identify the learners in the Quiz Analyzer application, so this is why the Learner is required to use their Adobe ID and password.RJ

11. Nicole says:

RJ, this is great exactly what my client is looking for. Is it possible for the administrator to create Adobe.com accounts for the individuals who will take the quiz? This way the admin can better track the users activity if they are required to use a specific sign in. Loved your video, great stuff!

12. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Nicole, thanks for your comment.This is definitely possible and your Admin simply has to share the Adobe ID and password with each learner for them to use after they complete the Quiz.Thanks for your positive feedback regarding the video I’m publishing. I really appreciate it.RJ Jacquez

13. Joel Phillips says:

Great job on the video…hope to see many more…I see you say that the administrator can create Acrobat.com accounts for the individuals who will take the quiz…Where exactly do I go to do that? In Acrobat.com…In Adobe.com or in Adobe Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer…Thanks for your time.

14. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Joel, thanks for your comment and positive feedback.Regarding your question, you can open free Acrobat.com accounts for your learners any time directly in Acrobat.com.Using any browser, go to Acrobat.com and click the “Sign Up” button, provide information and an account will be created. Repeat as needed.Thanks,RJ Jacquez

15. Joel Phillips says:

In Adobe Captivate 5
    I have created an eLearning document with questions
    Under Quiz Preferences I have checked Enabled Reporting for the project.
    Then clicked on Acrobat.com and Configure
    Entered the appropriate Adobe ID, Password, etc.
    Clicked on Save
    And then published my eLearning document using Flash HTML.
    However, when someone views the eLearning document and tries to post their results they cannot click on the Create Adobe ID link and when someone who does have an Id and password tries to sign in they are unable to do so…a message appears saying …Signing In…and never goes away.

Any clues…I tried to contact support and they indicated they this may be a problem for everyone? Is anyone experiencing the same problem I am? And if not does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

• RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Joel, I haven’t seen this issue reported from my end. Have you tried taking the Quiz I posted and publishing your results to Acrobat.com? Also, can you share what build number you have installed? Check Help > About in Adobe Captivate 5.

RJ Jacquez

16. RJ Jacquez says:

RJ Jacquez

17. Joel Phillips says:

Thanks for the speedy response

I am using version 5.0.0.596

I tried the link to you quiz

However, it was empty

• RJ Jacquez says:

Sorry about that, Joel. We have migrated our Blogging platform, which hasn’t been a great experience, and thus the SWF missing.

I have notified our admin and will let you know once the page is back up. Btw, may I ask where you are publishing your Quiz?

RJ

18. Joel Phillips says:

Oh that is OK…As far as my “eLearning with quiz” I have published it to an organization wide PUBLIC shared folder.

• RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Joel, can you please try the Quiz now? Just tested it and it’s working. Btw, is your public shared folder in the list of “trusted” Flash folder locations? If not, can you please add it and try it again?

RJ

19. Joel Phillips says:

I tried the quiz and it worked perfectly! Do you have any advise as to where I need to publish my “eLearning with quiz”. Do I need Adobe Acobat Pro?