Say Hello to Adobe Captivate 5 and eLearning Suite 2: Now for Mac, too [VIDEO]

For weeks now, I have been hinting in my Tweets that new versions of Adobe Captivate and Adobe eLearning Suite were coming soon and that the new versions would introduce amazing new features.

Today, it is my pleasure to introduce Adobe Captivate 5 and Adobe eLearning Suite 2 for Windows, and now also for Mac!

tweetmeme_url = ‘http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez/2010/05/say_hello_to_adobe_captivate_5.html’;

There’s so much new functionality to Blog and Tweet about in these new versions of the products that it would be virtually impossible to effectively share everything in a single post, or a single video.

Instead, I will share short posts every other day and include a video, in an effort to highlight my favorite new features and get you ready to tackle these new versions, when the trial downloads become available in a few weeks.

The first video I want to share with you is an overview of the brand new user interface (UI) in Adobe Captivate 5, and the benefits it brings to our existing users. In fact, Captivate has been re-written from the ground up in order to reuse the same code across both platforms.

The new user interface in Adobe Captivate 5 looks and works the same way on Mac as it does on Windows. Also, with this new UI, Captivate now works like other Adobe products, for example Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and FrameMaker, which means that you should be able to comfortably go from any of these applications to the next without missing a beat.

Click the image below to launch the video in a new window.

Adobe Captivate 5 User Interface Video

Additional Resources:

More Adobe Captivate 5 videos:

Will share more videos of my favorite new features in the next couple of
days.

Please help us spread the word by sharing this post with your Twitter followers. Click the p
re-populated ReTweet button.

,,,

9 Responses to Say Hello to Adobe Captivate 5 and eLearning Suite 2: Now for Mac, too [VIDEO]

1. Wheat says:

Thanks for the overview, RJ! I’m really looking forward to Cp5.

2. Laraine says:

We just upgraded to Cp4 in our Training Department, didn’t know Cp5 was in the works. Otherwise would have waited. Can we upgrade to Cp5 then for no additional charge?

3. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Laraine, thank you for your comment and for using Adobe Captivate. The answer is yes, our policy is that customer who purchased a previous release within 30 days of Adobe announcing a newer version, qualifies for a free upgrade to the new version. Please contact our Customer Service to get the process started.Thanks again,RJ Jacquez

4. Bastian says:

We are about to make a purchase decision on TCS2 – when will Captivate 5 be rolled into the TCS suite, or if we buy TCS2 now, are we eligible for free upgrade to Captivate 5?

5. SherriD says:

My clients are PC and I am mac… are Cp5 files interchangeable? Or will I need to run Cp5 on a PC in order to work with them?Thanks

6. Chris says:

I’m excited to see Captivate for Mac has finally hit the streets (I think), after a long, long wait.Question: does Adobe offer cross-platform licenses? I do development for both Windows and Mac products on a single machine (Mac) and want both Mac and Windows versions of Captivate – which will not be used concurrently (obviously). But $1600 to buy a separate license for each OS is prohibitive. Is there any way to buy a combo Win/Mac Captivate license?

7. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Chris, yes indeed, Captivate 5 for Mac is here!With regards to your question, unfortunately the two licenses are sold separately and thus there isn’t a Win/Mac combo that can be purchased. Having said that, this is a good idea and something I will share with our Marketing Manager.Thanks,RJ Jacquez

8. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Sherri, thank you for your comment.The answer to your question is Yes. In other words, you can start a project using the Windows version of Captivate and then complete it later using the Mac version of the product.Thanks,RJ Jacquez

9. RJ Jacquez says:

Hi Bastian, thank you for your comment. With regards to your question, last week we started shipping Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2.5, which now includes Adobe Captivate 5 and Adobe Photoshop CS5. You can find more information on this blog post.RJ Jacquez