Photoshop CS4 (11.0.1) Update (and Plug-in) Available
Adobe has released an update for Photoshop CS4 [via John Nack]. Some of the issues that have been addressed include:
- A number of issues that could cause slow performance have been addressed.
- Pen barrel rotation with Wacom tablets now works correctly.
- Photoshop now correctly recognizes 3D textures edited by a plug-in.
- The quality of the results of Auto-Blend Layers (Stack Images) has been improved.
- A problem that could result in a crash when pasting formatted text has been fixed.
- A crash that could result from a corrupt font no longer occurs.
Disable Canvas Rotation Via Trackpad plug-in
On MacBook Air and recent MacBook Pro systems, Adobe Photoshop CS4 can use a multitouch gesture to enable rotation of the document canvas. You may have found that the canvas gets rotated accidentally through inadvertent use of the gesture on the trackpad. This plug-in disables the multitouch gesture for canvas rotation, as well as the gestures for zooming and flick panning. Canvas rotation remains available through the Rotate View tool, and Photoshop is otherwise unaffected by the plug-in. [Download the plug-in]