If you have not already got a chance to explore the various uber cool features of the all new Correspondence Management Solution 3.0, here are my top 10 ones that you should look out for…
1. With the all new Create Correspondence (aka Document Composer) UI, composing Letters was never so easy! . The new interface provides an easy, intuitive way of composing Letters. With a lot more controls available, such as indentation adjustments, new line, free text, one can design/create a Letter exactly as required.
2. Highlighting of the currently selected asset in the PDF Preview when composing a Letter. Wouldn’t it be a great composing experience if selecting an asset on the flex app. automatically takes you to the respective page, exactly where your content lies within the PDF!? …and then highlight the selected content as well as the target in which the content lies, so you don’t have to search/scroll-over for your content within the PDF. The solution now brings along this amazingly convenient experience for the users.
3. Working on multiple assets at a time. With the all new Manage Assets interface, one can now work on multiple assets (possibly, related to each other) at a time, by virtue of each asset/editor being opened in a new tab in the Editors view. Of course, you can also switch between tabs when working with multiple assets. Here’s a snapshot:
4. Content Preview is yet another amazing addition to the asset authoring experience, wherein you can hover over your asset (in all views that present a list of assets) and see a Preview of the asset content and metadata, be it Texts, Images, Lists, Conditions, etc. So, you no longer need to go back and open the asset editor to see what’s in it. Use the Preview experience to identify the desired asset!
5. Creating numbered and bulleted list content. You can now easily design numbered and bulleted content, by authoring List assets using the List Editor. You can control indentation on paragraph(s) (or even images), specify custom prefix/suffix characters, and much more…
6. The all new Rich Text Editor, that has great text formatting capabilities that includes styling such as Bold/Italic/Underline, Font controls, letter Spacing, line height, Margin controls, Alignment controls. The editor also allows creating advanced bulleted and numbered content, using the appropriate toolbar controls.
Spell Check (English) is another great feature that enhances the text authoring experience.
7. Ability to Publish assets and enhanced version management, with the ability to create different versions of an asset, view previous versions, revert back to last published version, etc. See this post for more on publishing assets.
8. Import/ Export of selective assets is now possible using CM 3.0 via the Manage Assets interface itself. One can select the assets to be exported and simply press the “Export Assets” button. The exported ZIP can then be imported on any other system, using the “Import Assets” action on the Manage Assets interface.
Import/Export of all assets is also now possible right from the Manage Assets (Admin) interface itself, with a single click of a button (rather than the cumbersome steps in Contentspace, as in ES 2.5).
9. CM 3.0 introduces the ability to author Tables (dynamic or static) within your correspondence.
Here’s the Fund Allocation table in the Welcome Kit letter (that is part of the CM sample assets).
10. The Asset Dependencies Browser is an excellent tool/interface to view the dependencies of an asset, and be able to generate a report out of the same.
Note : Users can further drill down into the related assets by double-clicking on the asset, which will then show the dependencies for that asset. One can switch back-n-forth using the breadcrumbs on the top bar.
These are just 10 key features that you just cannot afford to miss. There is a lot more to the solution, the details of which can be seen on this post.