You must remove the change bars in a book before generating the final PDF for publication. Note that change bars appear again if you flatten the text insets in the book after clearing all change bars. For more information about using change bars in FrameMaker efficiently, see http://bit.ly/ju6xw.
To clear the change bars in a book, follow these steps:
- Select Format > Document > Change Bars.
- Select Clear All Change Bars | (No Undo) and then click Set.
To flatten the text insets in the book before setting out to clear change bars, follow these steps:
- Open the book file and open all files in it.
- Select all files in the book. Now, in the book view, click Edit > Find | Any Text Inset.
- Double-click the first text inset that you find and click Convert to Text.
- Repeat step 3 for all text insets in the book.
For information about searching text insets and other items in FrameMaker 9, see http://bit.ly/NpiOn. For information on how to manage your text insets best with FrameMaker 9, see http://bit.ly/XUTll.
Important: Flattening text insets involves book-level changes that are difficult to reverse. It is recommended that you flatten text insets only in a local copy of your content and not in the central copy administered through a version-control system.