Creating a final, print-quality PDF from FrameMaker documents can be an involved, multi-step process. We thought it would be useful to capture all relevant considerations and steps in a single handbook that could be immediately put to use in real-world situations.
- Relevant scenario
- Important considerations
- Equip yourself with relevant details
- Stage 0: Prepare the content
- Stage 1: Clean up the source
- Stage 2: Prepare the book and create PDF
- Stage 3: Test the PDF
- Stage 4: Prepare the PDF for publication
- Stage 5: Optimize the PDF in Acrobat
- Appendix: Best practices for using conditional text
- Appendix: Keeping track of content changes across versions in a collaborative environment
And yes, feel free to share it with your colleagues and friends!