The Correspondence Management solution lets you add new actions to the Manage Assets UI for a particular asset type. The following broad steps are involved in this process:
- Modify the asset FML
- Extend the asset handler
- Register the modified asset handler
- Rebuild and redeploy the solution template
Details, including code snippets, are available here.
Correspondence Management 9.5 now lets you conveniently move active assets from one system to another. You can export the selected assets from the source system as a ZIP package and import the ZIP package into the target system.
This functionality is useful in several scenarios; for example, when you’re moving assets from a development environment to a production environment.
Some important considerations to keep in mind:
- Only active assets can be exported. Further, all the assets to be exported must be on the same Correspondence Management system.
- For optimal performance, select a maximum of 100 letters for export and ensure that the exported ZIP package size does not exceed 50 MB.
- The export operation fails if one or more dependent assets for a selected asset are in the archived state. To resolve this issue, refer to the log and modify the selected asset such that it is dependent on the active version of the offending asset instead of the archived version.
You can access the documentation for this new feature here.