Jayan Kandathil has posted a really useful troubleshooting protocol for PDF Generator ES2 at the LiveCycle Product Blog. Here are the questions that Jayan suggests you consider while troubleshooting PDFG issues:
- Is the operating system Windows?
- Is the hardware sufficient?
- Is the memory sufficient?
- Is Microsoft Office installed (Windows only)?
- Did you start Microsoft Office applications after the install and dismiss all dialogs?
- Is Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 installed (Windows only)?
- Is OpenOffice.org installed (Linux or Solaris only)?
- Is the ‘Print Spooler’ service running?
- Is the ‘Adobe PDF’ printer set as the default printer?
- Did you start Acrobat Professional after the install and dismiss all dialogs?
- Which Windows user’s credentials is PDF Generator running with?
- Does the PDFGen.api file exist in the \Acrobat\plug_ins\ folder?
- Is the System Readiness Tool happy?
For the complete blog post, visit this URL.