Sneak peeks into Adobe FrameMaker 10 and Adobe RoboHelp 9 are now out, courtesy RJ Jacquez, Adobe’s senior product evangelist.
- First Adobe RoboHelp 9 Sneak Peek: SharePoint & Cloud-based Reviews – visit this URL
- First Adobe FrameMaker 10 Sneak Peek: Rich Media – visit this URL
- [Edit: December 2, 2010] Second Adobe RoboHelp 9 Sneak Peek: How RoboHelp lets you publish directly to a Microsoft SharePoint workspace – visit this URL and scroll to the bottom (same URL as the first RoboHelp 9 sneak peek)
Hope you enjoy watching these videos. I’ll share more information about these exciting releases in the weeks to come. Stay tuned!
Nandini Gupta and I recently contributed an article on our favorite RoboHelp tips to Indus, the newsletter of the India chapter of STC. Check out the article here!
The May issue of Indus
carried an article on my favorite FrameMaker tips. Check that one out here!
Over the past few months, we have been in active touch with the community and power-users to understand the areas of improvement in the RoboSource Control documentation and address them.
The updated Help is now live at this URL. Please feel free to spread the word!
Here are a few major changes in this update that you will find useful:
- Additions to the introductory topics in the Help to make it easier for new users to adopt RoboSource Control as their source control system
- New topics on setting up a database for use with RoboSource Control. This was the number one area of improvement that the community and users suggested.
- Pointers to resources that will help you add your RoboHelp HTML projects to RoboSource Control and get started with using the version control features in RoboHelp
Do take a look at the updated Help. As always, your feedback is more than welcome!
The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect. Please reinstall printed documentation.
If you encounter the above error message while trying to generate printed documentation from a RoboHTML project, change the macro security settings in Microsoft Word.
Follow these steps to change the macro security settings in Word 2007:
- Click the Office button > Word options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings.
- Change Macro Settings to Enable all macros and then click OK.
- Generate printed documentation output from RoboHTML.
Peter Grainge has a useful page on his website
summarizing RoboHelp print issues. Do take a look!
Here we go! The Top Ten Acrobat Tips brochure is here.
Please feel free to print it and pass it on to your colleagues and friends. Your suggestions and queries are welcome!
My colleague, Nandini Gupta, has shared the Top Ten RoboHelp Tips brochure at her blog.
Difficult question, eh! Well, I work with Adobe Systems as a technical writer. The primary product I document is LiveCycle. I have, in the past, also contributed to the documentation of Adobe Technical Communication Suite and Adobe eLearning Suite.
Through this blog, I plan to share my experiences, “discoveries”, and tips about these products that I use extensively, both at work and at home.
Also, I tweet fairly regularly. Catch me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/samarthav.
I hope you have a pleasant time reading my musings. Keep visiting this blog often!