We’ve just published two new articles in the CQ best practice series:
A list of the five articles published so far is at this URL. In the days to come, we’ll post more best practices, tips, and tricks that you can apply to your work.
When the storeContent operation for Content Services 9 is invoked with more than 30 threads, the WebSphere application server may stop responding.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- In WebSphere Administrative Console, click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers and then click a server name.
- In the right pane, click Thread pools under Additional Properties.
- Click WebContainer and, on the Configuration page, increase the value of the Maximum Size field by double the number of threads that you need to run. For example, increase the value of the Maximum Size field by 80 if you want to run 40 threads.
- Click Apply or OK.
- Click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Restart the WebSphere application server.
You can disable content indexing to improve Content Services ES2 performance. However, keep in mind that disabling indexing will also disable text-based search within new content. To disable indexing:
- In the adobe-contentservices.ear file, navigate to
LiveCycle Content Services.ear/contentservices.war/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/model and open the contentModel.xml file for editing.
- Locate the following line:
- Set the index enabled and tokenized properties to false.
- Change <index enabled=”true”> to <index enabled=”false”>.
- Change <tokenized>true </tokenised> to <tokenized>false </tokenised>.
For additional performance improvements, you can disable the conversions required for indexing. To disable conversions:
- In adobe-contentservices.ear, browse to
- Preserve a backup of the custom-metadata-extractors-context file.
- Delete this file from the EAR.
Simon Bate has posted his top ten FrameMaker conversion tips over at the Scriptorium blog. Pretty interesting stuff! Do take a look.
As for our FrameMaker tips that he refers to in his post, you can download the PDF from this link.