In recent past, there have been an increasing number of requests from customers to provide a way so that they can restrict non-admin users to just use Analysis Workspace and they do not have to go through the complexity of searching for hundreds of pre-canned reports provided in Reports section.
We have introduced a new group Reports & Analytics Access in Summer 2016 release. Any non-admin user who is part of this group can access Reports section and all the pre-canned reports available under it. Admin users can remove a specific user from this group in order to restrict that user to just Analysis Workspace.
admin user Alice would like to restrict non-admin user Bob to not have access to Reports section
- Log on to Reports & Analytics as Alice
- Go to Admin > User Management
- Switch to Groups tab
- Search for Reports & Analytics Access Group (This would be a pre-defined type of group)
- Click Edit on this group
- Search for Bob in the group members
- Select Bob , Click Remove and Click Save Group [Now Bob will not be able to view Reports section and all reports under it are not available to Bob]