LiveCycle Correspondence Management is certified on four different languages (English, French , German & Japanese)
Out-of-the-box deployment of Correspondence Management permits usage of characters of asset names to 0-9 A-Z & a-z via keyboard typing but any language characters can be used in description and comment properties and as part of actual text content as well.
A user can type the characters in description and comment but no in the Name field. An easy way to use such characters for asset names is to type it in description field , copy the word and paste it in Name field but in any customer environment if the organization wants the asset authors to allow usage of such characters for asset names the below steps can be followed to allow users type such characters for asset names.
- Log on to CRXDE Lite http://<hostnameOrIPAddress>:<port>/crx/de/index.jsp as administrator
- Navigate to content/cm/ and double-click tbxeditor-config.xml on left hand side panel
- tbxeditor-config.xml file opens in edit mode on right hand side panel
- search for customAssetNameCharset tag
- Include the special characters that you would like the users to use for asset names, Eg. If you would like to allow users to use Ф in asset name , then include this character in tbxeditor-config.xml file and save it
- In case there is a range of characters that you would like to allow, then specify starting charset and ending charset separated by a hyphen, similar to 0-9
Now the users are allowed to type new characters that are specified in tbxeditor-config.xml
This blog is just an extension to our online docs about this topic which is
available at click here
In case of any confusion or more questions feel free to post your query on LiveCycle community forums
First version of LiveCycle Correspondence Management solution was delivered along with LiveCycle ES2 service pack 2.
Based on the customer feedback and requirements from various existing and prospective customers lot of new features have been added and existing features have been improved in Correspondence Management solution.
If you are an existing customer of Correspondence Management but are on LiveCycle version earlier to ES3 , Here are the 20 reasons why you should consider upgrading to LiveCycle ES3 Correspondence Management.
If you are a LiveCycle ES or LiveCycle ES2 customer and considering to buy and implement Correspondence Management as well , Here are the same 20 reasons why you should consider upgrading LiveCycle as well in order to make use of latest Correspondence Management solution.
(Please click the image to enlarge it and clearly view the content)
The trial version of latest LiveCycle release i.e LiveCycle ES3 is available to partners and customers for download at livecycle devnet downloads
The trial download includes
- Installer for LiveCycle ES3 & LiveCycle ES3 Data Services
- Development tools — Workbench & Designer
- Reader Extension test credential
- Acrobat X Pro
For more information about What’s new in LiveCycle.
Adobe LiveCycle ES3 is supported on around 32 platform combinations (Operating System , Application server , Database , JDBC driver , OS architecture and JDK combinations)
Turnkey install , config and deploy is supported on two Operating Systems viz Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Vista (for evaluation and development purposes)
Full list of supported platforms combinations is available on Adobe LiveCycle help documentation
Adobe has announced release of Adobe® LiveCycle® Enterprise Suite 3 (ES3) software on March 13 2012. Here is the link to press release
Document and DataServices capabilities of Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform (ADEP) are not part of Adobe LiveCycle ES3
Click here to access Online help documentation for ES3 is available
A link will be provided soon with details to download a trial for those who would like to try the new features of Adobe LiveCycle.
There are lot of new features in various document services of Adobe LiveCycle ES3 and it’s Correspondence Management Solution.
Each letter in Correspondence Management can be associated with a post-process. A post-process is nothing but a LiveCycle orchestration with a specific requirement on the input/output parameters.
Sometimes one may wonder that the orchestration that one has created on LiveCycle does not appear in the drop-down of Letter Editor
If the orchestration has two input parameters i.e inPDFDoc , inXMLDoc & one output parameter i.e redirectURL then it will appear in the Letter Editor drop-down.
LiveCycle Correspondence Management Post-Process
The above picture shows a sample post-process , The variables highlighted in a red rectangle are mandatory and are minimum requirements for Correspondence Management to recognise the orchestration as the one which is intended to be used with Correspondence Management Solution
One can add additional variables depending up on the logic and operations the orchestration does.
Fore more details on creating post-process visit our online help docs
Correspondence Management DataDitionary provides a representation of the underlying data structure of a complex backend enterprise system in a simple and user-friendly manner which business users can easily understand.
In any enterprise implementation of Correspondence Management usually middle ware developers work on creation of data dictionary.
We get requests from our customers to understand the best practices for creation of DataDictionary.
The answer is try to Keep It Simple.
- Do not try to create a single Data Dictionary with tens of thousands of elements to cater to the needs of all the correspondences
- If there is a possibility to create multiple data dictionaries by logically separating the correspondences based on business units / business needs , prefer to create multiple data dictionaries.
- If a single complex data dictionary is created (even if there isn’t a real need) , there would be some trade-off in the form of performance for some operations like Publishing the datadictionary and preview of letters that use this data dictionary.
- Do not try to over complicate the data dictionary by creating too many levels down the hierachy and do not even use a DD which is completely flat.
In case of any confusion or more queries , feel free to post your queries on Adobe LiveCycle forums
LiveCycle Correspondence Management Solution has a Flex based user interface which works with Flash Player version of 10.2 or above.
Though Flash Player is installed almost on every internet connected PC , often some Correspondence Management solution users have following questions in their minds
1) What is the version of Flash Player plug-in installed in my browserr?
2) Is the Flash Player plug-in that is installed in my browser a release version or a debug version?
When users log on to Correspondence Management Solution http://hostname:port/cm/manageassets.html , Correspondence Management Asset Manager UI is loaded only if FlashPlayer 10.2 or higher is installed if not users are prompted with a URL in their browser to get a latest version of Flash from Adobe’s website.
latest version of Flash Player can be downloaded from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
If FlashPlayer is already installed it’s easy to check which version of it is installed
1) If you are connected to internet just click here to check what version of Flash Player you currently have and what is the latest version available
2) If you are not connected to internet , Once you log on to CM solution , Right Click anywhere on Manage Assets UI , If the FlashPlayer is of debug version you would see a menu item ‘Debugger’ in context sensitive menu , If not it means the Flash Player that is installed is a release version. Version number of Flash Player is also displayed on the context sensitive menu (see the below image)
We ( Correspondence Management Solution team ) are currently working hard to add numerous features that are requested by various customers in to the solution. These features will be part of next Adobe LiveCycle release and available out-of-the-box to new customers and customers on previous versions can upgrade to this version to make use of these new features
We have recently released first service pack of ADEP Document Services which is available for download at this link
Adobe has recently outlined growth strategy with increased focus on Digital Marketing and Digital Media opportunities.
To know more about future investments and priorities on Adobe LiveCycle visit Arun’s (VP & GM) blog