LiveCycle ES4 SP1 i.e service pack 1 is released and now available for download from Adobe’s Download page It is the first service pack that has been released on top of LiveCycle ES4 which was released in March 2013. This service pack includes numerous features across the product areas, some of those to mention are :
- LiveCycle Connector for SharePoint 2013 – LiveCycle connectors now supports integration with SharePoint 2007 , SharePoint 2010 & SharePoint 2013. Till ES4 release only 2007 & 2010 versions of MS SP were supported but many customers have requested us to support SharePoint 2013 as well so we have included that support with SP1 release.
- MWS Startpoints – Enterprises can now deploy processes and optionally choose to enable The Mobile Workspace Application now has enhanced UI and now allows users to start processes directly from MWS application.
- Correspondence Management Solution – cache functionality is implemented to enhance the performance of correspondence preview and submit. ES4 SP1 has significant performance improvements when compared to ES4. Another major functionality to mention is field and variable validations that have been introduced in create correspondence UI. Organizations can customize CM to include their custom validations as well.
- LiveCycle Home – LiveCycle ES4 SP1 introduces a home page or a landing page for all LiveCycle users which is sort of landing page that displays all the applications that a specific user has access to with their shortcuts for easy accessibility so that one need not remember multiple URLs of various LC applications. User once logged on to LC home can hop to any LC application that he/she has access to without re-entering password via single sign-on
- Process Reporting – We have been receiving requests from various customer to provide a UI where they can have an overview of all the processes and tasks that are currently running or which have been completed. This is an all new functionality that has been introduced which gives LC administrators to have valuable business insights in to all the long-lived orchestrations that have been deployed on LiveCycle.
The above list is not complete there are numerous other additions like enhanced platform support (Java 7 specifically) , Form Portal integration Package , System Information Service and accessibility reporting.
Go to What’s new in ES4 SP1 for a complete list of all the features and enhancements that have been added in ES4 SP1
Video highlighting the new features and enhancements in ES4 SP1 (refresh the browser in case you are unable to view the video preview below)